Shopping Discussion

Canada Post asking neighbour to sign for packages?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2015 7:10 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2004
534 posts
130 upvotes

Canada Post asking neighbour to sign for packages?

This is a weird one to me. I came home yesterday and my neighbour told me that the mail guy came by earlier and asked her to sign for packages for me.

It was fine, my neighbours are cool and all, but has anyone ever heard of them doing this? I didn't ask for them to do that, and what if I had bad neighbors that just took the package and didn't tell me?

I looked on google and didn't see anyone mentioning this.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
UPS did this to me once when I was living in a basement apartment in a house. I had no clue who my neighbours were and the note UPS left on my door with tracking info was so poorly written that I couldn't make out the numbers letters. When I called UPS they wouldn't help me because I couldn't produce the tracking numbers, god it was frustrating! Eventually (literally 2 days later!) the neighbour came and said they had a package for me.

Don't know about Canada Post doing this though. I certainly don't support the practice.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
has happened more then once with Canada Post and UPS when no signatory is required, it is usually mention when check your tracking as "parcel left at ????"
Jun 28, 2013
385 posts
126 upvotes
The Moon
I have had Canada post and ups give my package to someone else without telling me while I lived in apartment.

Waited around for delivery and nothing ever came. Checked tracking and my landlord had it.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
Strictly speaking CP does not allow this. I've refused to let neighbours take/sign for items. Exception to this is a super of a building.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
May only be for xmas, they wanted to make sure that everyone is likely going to get their pkg in time.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
My Canada Post carrier leave a delivery notice to pick up at post office and UPS courier leave a delivery notice to pick up at the mall/UPS store (NOT UPS depot at airport).

Takes me 10 minutes to pick up at post office and UPS store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)