Oct 24, 2001
10 posts
76 upvotes

[Canada Post] Canada Post Flat Rate Boxes

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Canada Post
More offers from Canada Post
Its been around for almost a year now, but with the limited locations you may not have noticed them. You can ship up to 5kg, so the small box can ship all the heavy books, and it will go in the mailbox without a trip to the post office.
Note the limited locations https://www.canadapost.ca/assets/pdf/bl ... nsumer.pdf since buying plain boxes at the post office is most definitely NOT a deal...

Small $13.49 5 kg Street letter box, Post office
Medium $16.49 5 kg Post office
Large $19.99 5 kg Post office

Location PDF
Last edited by plj126 on Sep 21st, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
83 replies
Oct 31, 2014
247 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thanks for the heads up OP, never knew this was a thing up here! (I was always jealous of the flat rate boxes with USPS)
Sep 17, 2017
42 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks for sharing. Never knew about this and seems cost effective. Good for RMA mailing electronics too. Don't know why they just don't sell it at all locations. Medium size is probably good. Large can easily be over 5kg with stuff.
Apr 8, 2013
22 posts
37 upvotes
Winnipeg
Canada Post sucks. But this deal is good. Thanks OP
Nov 20, 2008
622 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
Why would I need to purchase the box? Do you not get charged when you ship it, not beforehand? Way to deviate from the norm Canada Post.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5615 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Terrible choice of locations. In city of Toronto mostly close together in the downtown core. Why not distribute more evenly?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5615 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
plj126 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:25 am
Its been around for almost a year now, but with the limited locations you may not have noticed them. You can ship up to 5kg, so the small box can ship all the heavy books, and it will go in the mailbox without a trip to the post office.
Note the limited locations https://www.canadapost.ca/assets/pdf/bl ... nsumer.pdf since buying plain boxes at the post office is most definitely NOT a deal...

Small $13.49 5 kg Street letter box, Post office
Medium $16.49 5 kg Post office
Large $19.99 5 kg Post office
What are the dimensions of these boxes?

Thx.
Aug 1, 2009
113 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
cyberspyder wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:55 am
Why would I need to purchase the box? Do you not get charged when you ship it, not beforehand? Way to deviate from the norm Canada Post.
Now you can conveniently ship items both nationally and cost-effectively with the new flat rate box from Canada Post. Available in three sizes, the flat rate box allows you to ship up to 5 kg anywhere in Canada. The price of each box includes the following features:

Postage
On-time delivery guarantee*
Tracking
Delivery confirmation
Up to $100 of liability coverage for loss or damage**
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1884 posts
659 upvotes
Scarborough
Can Canada Post ship these haha

I'd rather not have to drive to get them considering there aren't any available in the Scarborough/Pickering areas. Can I buy these ahead of time? How long are they good for?
Jan 3, 2012
172 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:57 am
What are the dimensions of these boxes?

Thx.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2012
1416 posts
497 upvotes
wait a second, i pass by these boxes all the time at my local SDM PO .. i think there is a cost to them plus the flat rate shipping fee??? can someone confirm who uses this.. i dont feel like paying $5 + taxes for a box.

I know USPS dont charge for their boxes, just their flat rate fees...
[OP]
Oct 24, 2001
10 posts
76 upvotes
These aren't regular boxes. These are prepaid flat rate boxes. They're only available in 50 post offices nationwide. As long as the end weight is <= 5kg, then its just fill in the label, tear off your copy, and drop it off at any PO, or in a mail box for the small. Theres no expiry date listed. Its all cheaper than what regular parcels cost (starting at $22?)
Nov 20, 2008
622 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
abirdd wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:59 am
Now you can conveniently ship items both nationally and cost-effectively with the new flat rate box from Canada Post. Available in three sizes, the flat rate box allows you to ship up to 5 kg anywhere in Canada. The price of each box includes the following features:

Postage
On-time delivery guarantee*
Tracking
Delivery confirmation
Up to $100 of liability coverage for loss or damage**
I mean, compared to the USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes, you print out the label separately and stick it onto the box. USPS subsidizes the boxes as you cannot use the box unless you pay for Priority Mail, Canada Post should be using this model, instead of having the label already applied. This means you can't have a stockpile of boxes and pay to use it whenever, since you've already 'paid' to use the box even if it's gathering dust (from a business perspective).
[OP]
Oct 24, 2001
10 posts
76 upvotes
These have a carbon copy label you fill in and already have a tracking number assigned.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4622 posts
445 upvotes
Calgary
anybody know if you have a small business account with them if its discounted at all?