Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Post

Canada Post Flat Rate Boxes

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 6:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
puroeuro wrote: How are you shipping to the USA for $2-3 I can barely get a package in a 20km radius from toronto to go for less than $10
It's around $1 to get it over the border to the US post office. Of course you have to pay for whatever the US postage is on top of that.

I print my own US postage labels at home. Their rates are way less than ours. It's around $3-4 for first class up to one pound. Media mail (books, music) is around $4-5 for a couple of pounds. Priority in small boxes and packs is about half of our rates.

ChitChats Express is one company that provides the trucking service. They have locations around the GTA, BC and NS. Another company is Cross Border Pickups in Mississauga. Google for details.

P.S. CC also resells Can Post for slightly less, so if you ship a lot within Canada you can save a few bucks on every package. (Kind of like Public Mobile reselling Telus phone service for cheaper.)
Apr 18, 2009
331 posts
138 upvotes
Hamilton
yuen47 wrote: Anybody interested in a group buy? Need to do this Vancouver - Toronto in a few weeks. Probs in for 5 parcels at least. Let's try to put this together.
need to mail a 7 kg box from hamilton to edmonton dec 10
Oct 24, 2001
16 posts
88 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Note - chitchats has remade their website at chitchats.com, the old site (chitchatsexpress) redirects in some places, not in others.
Dec 13, 2011
111 posts
116 upvotes
Montréal
puroeuro wrote: Lol! was about to say the same, terrible locations.

Either downtown core, midtown or Jane and finch.

I've always said ebay canada is dead for sellers, unless canada post brings back that flat rate ebay box promotion they had a few years back.
At one point they even realized this and started a "Toaster" campaign basically saying that not all items for Canada sellers are worth selling fees/shipping rates use the "toaster" method if it fits in the box its a good item to sell.
I still have a few of these Ebay boxes. Can they still be used?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Inno wrote: You're paying $2 to send your parcel over the border? Some of us are only paying $1, less for First Class!
i am in Calgary, its different when a drive to the border is 3 hours... i use dykpost.com
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135814 upvotes
888888 upvotes
hennamomin wrote: group buy???
bk wrote: Is that with a business account, what they're offering you? I guess maybe the company I used to work for got better prices for volume shipping, but it was only like $7+ for tracked expedited shipping in Ontario/Quebec, $12-15 to BC (from Toronto). And make sure whatever you're shipping is worth less than $100 if you're going for flat rate boxes, since it says you can't add insurance, unless you're willing to eat the loss if anything happens to the package.
Making labels to print isn't hard either, can be done from browser or through their desktop program which can save addresses if you ship to the same people often.
Boxes you can get from Staples, Uline (but I think they're pretty expensive there, with shipping), about $1-2 each depending on size and quantity.
wavephonic wrote: need to mail a 7 kg box from hamilton to edmonton dec 10
yuen47 wrote: Anybody interested in a group buy? Need to do this Vancouver - Toronto in a few weeks. Probs in for 5 parcels at least. Let's try to put this together.
I am not sure if this is a business account or not but my brother has been working at Canada Post for 20+ years. He knows one of the guys who handle all the shipping in Western Canada. I am meeting with him on Monday again to see if I can get a little bit cheaper rate. Will let you guys know on Monday.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
CP will definitely give a better deal for big-volume customers. I've heard that some pay around $2-3 per parcel for huge volumes. But unless you're Amazon you won't get an amazing deal.

I ship about 3-4 per week and get around 10% off using my VentureOne card.

Interestingly if you use SnapShip via the CP website to print your own postage you get a bit more of a discount, cuz you are using your own paper and toner to print. Then you can just drop off at any CP location. CP will also pick up at your place for about $4 per pickup. Saves you time and gas.
Last edited by Inno on Dec 3rd, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 24, 2013
832 posts
1777 upvotes
Mississauga
Thatdealguy wrote: I am not sure if this is a business account or not but my brother has been working at Canada Post for 20+ years. He knows one of the guys who handle all the shipping in Western Canada. I am meeting with him on Monday again to see if I can get a little bit cheaper rate. Will let you guys know on Monday.
i am planning on selling online and looking for small boxes like 1 kg max for shipping in canada. or ontario.. thanks and yes new to all this as new to business
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135814 upvotes
888888 upvotes
hennamomin wrote: i am planning on selling online and looking for small boxes like 1 kg max for shipping in canada. or ontario.. thanks and yes new to all this as new to business
Look at staples. 25 small boxes around $9
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to pick some up at Bloor East today but all sold out.

Prices going up about 20% on Monday. Fuggedaboutit!! No longer a good deal for me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
hummelda wrote: Prices of the flat rate boxes have increased as of today. The Remote box is sky high and won't be of much use. I've been using these for about a year and this is devastating news since most of the parcels I ship are to remote communities.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... ailandmore
Yeah, this is no longer a hot deal. Boo Canada Post.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Yep, prices up today, no more small business discount, and the prices are now $14.99/19.99/24.99, 25-28.5% increase when you take in to account the lost discount, thanks for killing small business canadapost!
Last edited by T3rry on Dec 11th, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
Glad I got a bunch last week, didn’t know they increase that fast, thinking it will be in the new year
Oct 24, 2001
16 posts
88 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I'd be more angry if I haven't gotten to use the small and medium boxes I already have, now I'm just sad. At the very least you'd think they would expand the program to more locations. Zero-sum thinking.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
thehockeyguy wrote: Glad I got a bunch last week, didn’t know they increase that fast, thinking it will be in the new year
Tried that but they were out of stock at the location I tried.
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
We have such corrupt Crown Corporations.

This was not marketed at all. They are making a good buck gouging us and providing us with a sub standard service. Making it look like they're facing frontier times hardships when delivering something in the year 2017/18
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
Interesting. I bought one on Monday and I got charged $19.99 + 5% GST, even though it rung up as $24.99 on their system. This is London Drugs on Granville for anyone interested, the price tax beside the boxes still said $19.99.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Inno wrote: Tried that but they were out of stock at the location I tried.
yeah i drove around all of Calgary when i heard on friday that they'd be going up monday, only one store had 3 of them in stock, thats it, such a piss off that now i have to pay $19.52 to ship an oversized letter expedited to small town anything east of the ontario border... still cant even find any small boxes, it'd be a savings still but not nearly as significant since i was shipping 10+ a day

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)