[Canada Post] Canada Post Flat Rate Boxes

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 11:09 pm
Oct 24, 2017
3 posts
California
smallwavesteve wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:41 am
Thanks for the heads up OP, never knew this was a thing up here! (I was always jealous of the flat rate boxes with USPS)
Aug 30, 2015
60 posts
20 upvotes
Victoria, BC
T3rry wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 3:37 pm
So @plj126 I donno if you want to update the original post, but this is info i got from the lady at my post office, who has been there for 100 years and i am confident she knows her stuff..

#1 the boxes ARE refundable if not used
#2 the prices will be going up in January
#3 the small business discount WILL NOT apply to these anymore starting in January
#4 they will change from expedited service to standard parcel service (likely losing all of the expedited features such as insurance etc..)
Thanks for this heads up @T3rry! I just bought a bunch today for the first time to test out. Would anyone know if I'm correct in understanding that if I stockpile purchase more boxes before the change, those boxes will be grandfathered in (as far as them not charging the price difference, expedited and expedited features)? It seems they'd have to honor the current terms since the box has all the current terms written on it.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4622 posts
445 upvotes
Calgary
setlist wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 3:38 pm
Thanks for this heads up @T3rry! I just bought a bunch today for the first time to test out. Would anyone know if I'm correct in understanding that if I stockpile purchase more boxes before the change, those boxes will be grandfathered in (as far as them not charging the price difference, expedited and expedited features)? It seems they'd have to honor the current terms since the box has all the current terms written on it.
i would assume so, bu i cant say for sure.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1354 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
T3rry wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 3:37 pm
So @plj126 I donno if you want to update the original post, but this is info i got from the lady at my post office, who has been there for 100 years and i am confident she knows her stuff..

#1 the boxes ARE refundable if not used
#2 the prices will be going up in January
#3 the small business discount WILL NOT apply to these anymore starting in January
#4 they will change from expedited service to standard parcel service (likely losing all of the expedited features such as insurance etc..)
Thank you
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2850 posts
14190 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
I am trying to do a group buy for shipping

Here is what they offered me:
Canada Post
Expedited Service
Xpresspost = $5 more

1kg - 10kg = $15
11kg - 20kg = $18
21kg - 30kg = $21

Shipping to bigger cities like Vancouver, Toronton, Calgary etc
Shipping to ural area = around $10 more like Nunavut etc

Is this better than the Flat Rate box? I also need to find my own box to ship the items and they usually cost a lot at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5617 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 10:29 pm

Canada Post
Expedited Service
Xpresspost = $5 more

1kg - 10kg = $15
11kg - 20kg = $18
21kg - 30kg = $21

Is this better than the Flat Rate box? I also need to find my own box to ship the items and they usually cost a lot at Costco.
Those prices are very good for anything over a couple of kg. Unfortunately very few of my parcels are more that 2kg.
Jun 24, 2013
494 posts
994 upvotes
Mississauga
Thatdealguy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 10:29 pm

Canada Post
Expedited Service
Xpresspost = $5 more

1kg - 10kg = $15
11kg - 20kg = $18
21kg - 30kg = $21

group buy???
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2850 posts
14190 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
hennamomin wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 12:09 am
group buy???
Yeah, need to ship a minimum of 25 "parcels" or packets every time.

1) I just need to tell them the weight, size, and what's in the box.
2) I will get a prepaid label.
3) drop it off at Any Canada Post.

If people living far away from me, I can email them the shipping label.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4622 posts
445 upvotes
Calgary
Flat rate is up to 5kg, i've never needed more than that, and it includes a box which is worth a couple bucks... i dont think flat rate can be beat right now.