Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Canada Post Flat Rate Boxes

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 11:52 am
[OP]
Oct 24, 2001
12 posts
82 upvotes
Yes you can just drop the small boxes into mailboxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4630 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 2:42 pm
does anyone know if you can just drop the SMALL box into the regular red mailboxes everywhere?

(and since we're on the topic, I would doubt the medium and large sizes could fit in to the red mailboxes, right?)
ir says on the site you can drop the smalls in the box, it does not say you can put the medium or large in the box, i assume it'd be fine if they fit, but they likely dont fit and thats why they dont list it on the site.
Capture.jpg
Apr 20, 2003
863 posts
331 upvotes
Markham
Thatdealguy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 10:29 pm
I am trying to do a group buy for shipping

Here is what they offered me:
Canada Post
Expedited Service
Xpresspost = $5 more

1kg - 10kg = $15
11kg - 20kg = $18
21kg - 30kg = $21

Shipping to bigger cities like Vancouver, Toronton, Calgary etc
Shipping to ural area = around $10 more like Nunavut etc

Is this better than the Flat Rate box? I also need to find my own box to ship the items and they usually cost a lot at Costco.
Is that with a business account, what they're offering you? I guess maybe the company I used to work for got better prices for volume shipping, but it was only like $7+ for tracked expedited shipping in Ontario/Quebec, $12-15 to BC (from Toronto). And make sure whatever you're shipping is worth less than $100 if you're going for flat rate boxes, since it says you can't add insurance, unless you're willing to eat the loss if anything happens to the package.
Making labels to print isn't hard either, can be done from browser or through their desktop program which can save addresses if you ship to the same people often.
Boxes you can get from Staples, Uline (but I think they're pretty expensive there, with shipping), about $1-2 each depending on size and quantity.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1384 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
T3rry wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:50 am
ir says on the site you can drop the smalls in the box, it does not say you can put the medium or large in the box, i assume it'd be fine if they fit, but they likely dont fit and thats why they dont list it on the site.

Capture.jpg
Thanks!
Jul 5, 2005
942 posts
200 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:56 am
Terrible choice of locations. In city of Toronto mostly close together in the downtown core. Why not distribute more evenly?
Lol! was about to say the same, terrible locations.

Either downtown core, midtown or Jane and finch.

I've always said ebay canada is dead for sellers, unless canada post brings back that flat rate ebay box promotion they had a few years back.
At one point they even realized this and started a "Toaster" campaign basically saying that not all items for Canada sellers are worth selling fees/shipping rates use the "toaster" method if it fits in the box its a good item to sell.
Sep 6, 2014
84 posts
20 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Seriously why can I not buy online and have them send me a couple of boxes
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4630 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
Gordo81 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:33 am
Seriously why can I not buy online and have them send me a couple of boxes
Come on now, its not like they're in the business of shipping.... owait... lol
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4630 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
puroeuro wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:20 am

I've always said ebay canada is dead for sellers, unless canada post brings back that flat rate ebay box promotion they had a few years back.
At one point they even realized this and started a "Toaster" campaign basically saying that not all items for Canada sellers are worth selling fees/shipping rates use the "toaster" method if it fits in the box its a good item to sell.
Yeah canada post is purely insane, when i can use an exporter to drive my item across the border for $2 and pay $3 postage to get my item anywhere in the USA in 3 days, what the **** is wrong with our system that i cant ship a parcel to my neighbour for under $10
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5673 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
T3rry wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:02 pm
Yeah canada post is purely insane, when i can use an exporter to drive my item across the border for $2 and pay $3 postage to get my item anywhere in the USA in 3 days, what the **** is wrong with our system that i cant ship a parcel to my neighbour for under $10
You're paying $2 to send your parcel over the border? Some of us are only paying $1, less for First Class!
Jul 5, 2005
942 posts
200 upvotes
T3rry wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:02 pm
Inno wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:37 pm
You're paying $2 to send your parcel over the border? Some of us are only paying $1, less for First Class!

How are you shipping to the USA for $2-3 I can barely get a package in a 20km radius from toronto to go for less than $10
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5673 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
puroeuro wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:19 am
How are you shipping to the USA for $2-3 I can barely get a package in a 20km radius from toronto to go for less than $10
It's around $1 to get it over the border to the US post office. Of course you have to pay for whatever the US postage is on top of that.

I print my own US postage labels at home. Their rates are way less than ours. It's around $3-4 for first class up to one pound. Media mail (books, music) is around $4-5 for a couple of pounds. Priority in small boxes and packs is about half of our rates.

ChitChats Express is one company that provides the trucking service. They have locations around the GTA, BC and NS. Another company is Cross Border Pickups in Mississauga. Google for details.

P.S. CC also resells Can Post for slightly less, so if you ship a lot within Canada you can save a few bucks on every package. (Kind of like Public Mobile reselling Telus phone service for cheaper.)
Apr 18, 2009
126 posts
20 upvotes
Hamilton
yuen47 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 12:42 am
Anybody interested in a group buy? Need to do this Vancouver - Toronto in a few weeks. Probs in for 5 parcels at least. Let's try to put this together.
need to mail a 7 kg box from hamilton to edmonton dec 10
[OP]
Oct 24, 2001
12 posts
82 upvotes
Note - chitchats has remade their website at chitchats.com, the old site (chitchatsexpress) redirects in some places, not in others.
Dec 13, 2011
29 posts
10 upvotes
Montréal
puroeuro wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:20 am

I still have a few of these Ebay boxes. Can they still be used?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4630 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
Inno wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:37 pm
i am in Calgary, its different when a drive to the border is 3 hours... i use dykpost.com