3017 posts
14745 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
hennamomin wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 12:09 am
group buy???
bk wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:16 am
Is that with a business account, what they're offering you? I guess maybe the company I used to work for got better prices for volume shipping, but it was only like $7+ for tracked expedited shipping in Ontario/Quebec, $12-15 to BC (from Toronto). And make sure whatever you're shipping is worth less than $100 if you're going for flat rate boxes, since it says you can't add insurance, unless you're willing to eat the loss if anything happens to the package.
Making labels to print isn't hard either, can be done from browser or through their desktop program which can save addresses if you ship to the same people often.
Boxes you can get from Staples, Uline (but I think they're pretty expensive there, with shipping), about $1-2 each depending on size and quantity.
wavephonic wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:55 am
need to mail a 7 kg box from hamilton to edmonton dec 10
yuen47 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 12:42 am
Anybody interested in a group buy? Need to do this Vancouver - Toronto in a few weeks. Probs in for 5 parcels at least. Let's try to put this together.
I am not sure if this is a business account or not but my brother has been working at Canada Post for 20+ years. He knows one of the guys who handle all the shipping in Western Canada. I am meeting with him on Monday again to see if I can get a little bit cheaper rate. Will let you guys know on Monday.
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5671 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
CP will definitely give a better deal for big-volume customers. I've heard that some pay around $2-3 per parcel for huge volumes. But unless you're Amazon you won't get an amazing deal.
Jun 24, 2013
502 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
Thatdealguy wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:51 am
I am not sure if this is a business account or not but my brother has been working at Canada Post for 20+ years. He knows one of the guys who handle all the shipping in Western Canada. I am meeting with him on Monday again to see if I can get a little bit cheaper rate. Will let you guys know on Monday.
i am planning on selling online and looking for small boxes like 1 kg max for shipping in canada. or ontario.. thanks and yes new to all this as new to business
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3017 posts
14745 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
hennamomin wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:52 am
i am planning on selling online and looking for small boxes like 1 kg max for shipping in canada. or ontario.. thanks and yes new to all this as new to business
Look at staples. 25 small boxes around $9
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5671 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to pick some up at Bloor East today but all sold out.

Prices going up about 20% on Monday. Fuggedaboutit!! No longer a good deal for me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5671 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
hummelda wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 10:56 am
Prices of the flat rate boxes have increased as of today. The Remote box is sky high and won't be of much use. I've been using these for about a year and this is devastating news since most of the parcels I ship are to remote communities.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... ailandmore
Yeah, this is no longer a hot deal. Boo Canada Post.