• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2009 6:46 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2008
6 posts
Toronto

Canada post delivery??

wtf, I could've sworn they don't deliver on saturdays.... should I bother staying @ home waiting for my delivery? I also noticed it says out for delivery from Mississauga, when it usually says from Toronto, ON for me being that's where I live...

2009/12/12 06:37 MISSISSAUGA Item out for delivery
2009/12/11 22:23 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2009/12/11 16:48 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2009/12/11 09:09 MISSISSAUGA Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2009/12/11 09:08 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2009/12/09 09:22 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2009/12/08 23:05 International item processed in origin country
2009/12/08 13:30 International item mailed in origin country
22 replies
Dec 28, 2004
78 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
It depends on the shipping method. I received a package on a Saturday before. I thought that was odd too.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2008
6 posts
Toronto
hm, well it was shipped from japanpost using ems...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3651 posts
838 upvotes
Winnipeg
They deliver on Saturdays. And during xmas they have a extra fleet of trucks for Saturday and Sunday. They usually are rental vans.(National)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4673 posts
718 upvotes
BC
airmail wrote:
Dec 12th, 2009 11:44 am
They deliver on Saturdays.
AFAIK, unionized Canada Post letter carriers do not work on Saturdays.

In some geographic areas, they may still do so the week before Christmas, but I think that has been phased out.

Contracted delivery people who use their own vans for delivering packages and parcels are a different matter.

Whether they are meant to or not, I am sure they meet their workload in whatever hours/days suit them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9908 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
I have received packages on Saturdays before, and yes, Canada Post does operate on Sundays. There is at least one mail pickup from most post offices on Saturday.

During "busy" periods, they will do parcel deliveries on Saturdays. It is to avoid backlogging things because if they didn't do the deliveries, then they would be swamped by the Monday.

They also do some deliveries on some holidays for the same reason. I have received parcels on boxing day for instance.

All my Saturday deliveries have been with uniformed Canada Post men and they were driving regular Canada Post courier vans.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3651 posts
838 upvotes
Winnipeg
silentsim wrote:
Dec 12th, 2009 8:21 pm
they dont deliver on saturdays here in calgary!
Letter carriers only work Monday to Friday. But the Canada Post Mail Service Couriers work 7 days a week. That would mean saturday and Sunday delivery. They hire lots of temps all across Canada for the month of December. The temps usually dont have a uniform.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3651 posts
838 upvotes
Winnipeg
macnut wrote:
Dec 12th, 2009 8:34 pm
AFAIK, unionized Canada Post letter carriers do not work on Saturdays.

In some geographic areas, they may still do so the week before Christmas, but I think that has been phased out.

Contracted delivery people who use their own vans for delivering packages and parcels are a different matter.

Whether they are meant to or not, I am sure they meet their workload in whatever hours/days suit them.
Thanks for the info...lol
But you may not know that Canada Post also has a parcel division.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1229 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
airmail wrote:
Dec 13th, 2009 10:40 am
Letter carriers only work Monday to Friday. But the Canada Post Mail Service Couriers work 7 days a week. That would mean saturday and Sunday delivery. They hire lots of temps all across Canada for the month of December. The temps usually dont have a uniform.
i made the assumption based on me having several packages processed at postal facility calgary, including xpress ones that have missed the delivery guarantee. would have figured they'd deliver saturday if they did operate on that day here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9908 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
silentsim wrote:
Dec 13th, 2009 11:24 am
i made the assumption based on me having several packages processed at postal facility calgary, including xpress ones that have missed the delivery guarantee. would have figured they'd deliver saturday if they did operate on that day here.
They don't deliver 7 days a week all year round. This time a year they need to conquer the piling up packages.

Ironic all this talk about Saturday and Sunday parcels, because I just received a DX order at around 11:30am this Sunday morning. I barely heard him,thought I heard someone outside, and went to go check and saw a uniformed Canada Post employee writing up a delivery card. He was driving a standard Canada Post truck as well.
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I opened the door this afternoon to find a package sitting on my doorstep ($300 item). Didn't ring the doorbell or anything, but there was a parcel there that wasn't there at 11:30 last night. Glad I went out or it might not have been there tomorrow morning.

Moral of the story -- Canada Post does deliver on Sundays and they don't always let you know when they leave stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9172 posts
381 upvotes
Markham
scagneti wrote:
Dec 13th, 2009 6:18 pm
I opened the door this afternoon to find a package sitting on my doorstep ($300 item). Didn't ring the doorbell or anything, but there was a parcel there that wasn't there at 11:30 last night. Glad I went out or it might not have been there tomorrow morning.

Moral of the story -- Canada Post does deliver on Sundays and they don't always let you know when they leave stuff.
I find CP frequently drops parcels in front of my house, they'll ring the doorbell, and then run away. I haven't had anything stolen so I guess it's ok.
:lol:
Jun 26, 2008
165 posts
Funny, I received a package today (never have received on the weekend before).
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1579 posts
32 upvotes
Etobicoke
Never received package on a weekend.

I used to receive the notice on the door saying they missed you and you can pick the package up at the post office. Nowadays they ring the doorbell and leave the package.
Kherani wrote:
Dec 26th, 2009 2:30 pm
I'm getting my learners permit soon, and I understand that you need to do a written test. Whenever I ask my older friends about it, they tell me to read "the book". What is this book they're referring to?
× < >