• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2015 5:14 pm
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto

Canada Post Delivery Hours?

As the tittle states I'm wondering how late Canada Post Is willing to deliver your item until.
Like what time do they say "Oh It's too late, Let's just try to re-send It tomorrow"?

I placed an order on Christmas Eve and got my shipping # from FS, The item Is"out for delivery" at 11:00 AM as we speak and It hasn't come yet and I've gotta go somewhere soon.
Also do they bring It to your door or just put It In your mailbox?
I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would like to know the answer to this question also!

Thanks In advance!
39 replies
Aug 31, 2007
364 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
From my experience it would around 5 ... and when the website says it's out for delivery it will get delivered on that day for SURE ... but you never know maybe they are overloaded with boxing day items and can't deliver all in one day
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
ali88 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 3:28 pm
From my experience it would around 5 ... and when the website says it's out for delivery it will get delivered on that day for SURE ... but you never know maybe they are overloaded with boxing day items and can't deliver all in one day

Yeah for the most part I hope that's true hahah. I think I recall having my package get delayed till the next day but I don't think that was with CP.
Anyway thanks for the response and hopefully It would stop the spam In the other about people complaining and asking when CP stop delivering items each day.
5 Is roughly when I have to go so hopefully It comes a bit earlier!
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
18 upvotes
If the item is letter size and its fits/left in a mail box but if bigger they should not leave it ( even though it has happened and I have often seen larger parcels left unattended in plain view around the neighbourhood)

Usually the door bell rings and by the time I get to it, the mailman has already down the drive way on his way. So if I was not home, the parcel would be left. The postman rang once. Other times, I get a notice left to pick up my package with the indicated instructions.

I guess the Canada Post training or manual is different for different folks.

*snark*
:confused:
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
18 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 4:20 pm
Item delivered!

He put It In the big mail box where they provide you with a key to open!
Sweet!
Do you have more than one mail box ? Does the mailman have an option ? Curious
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1009 posts
67 upvotes
samkat wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 4:15 pm
If the item is letter size and its fits/left in a mail box but if bigger they should not leave it ( even though it has happened and I have often seen larger parcels left unattended in plain view around the neighbourhood)

Usually the door bell rings and by the time I get to it, the mailman has already down the drive way on his way. So if I was not home, the parcel would be left. The postman rang once. Other times, I get a notice left to pick up my package with the indicated instructions.

I guess the Canada Post training or manual is different for different folks.

*snark*
:confused:

A notice is left because the item needs a signature...If it doesnt need a signature it is left at door.

How many more stupid threads does RFD need about CP... Item was ordered Christmas Eve...Canada Post closed Sat, Sun, Mon, tues and you got it today. Sounds like pretty good service to me.
Out for delivery at 11am, you realize that the carrier has more than one parcel in his truck????
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
18 upvotes
Not always ^

The card left indicated where my pick up, with address and operating hours. They asked me for I.D. I signed nothing. Once the I.D. matched they scanned and entered info into the CP computer terminal.
Aug 31, 2007
364 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 4:20 pm
Item delivered!

He put It In the big mail box where they provide you with a key to open!
Sweet!

congrats man :D

now it's my turn to wait :lol:
Feb 18, 2007
317 posts
12 upvotes
416 Land
I was waiting for my FS stuff to arrive today. The CP driver left the Notice for Pickup card instead. Notice says 11:00am attempt. I was in my kitchen and there was no doorbell rung, the car is out in the driveway too...WTF??? I guess the driver did not like my four steps to climb up eh? > :( Yes, the stairs were cleaned btw.

On a side note, I got my Purolator shipment with no problems today at 2:15pm. The driver rang the bell and climbed my four steps!
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4396 posts
566 upvotes
Havent received mail since the beginning of the week. They use holidays as a pretext to not work.

Lame
Aug 31, 2007
364 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
J8 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 6:11 pm
I was waiting for my FS stuff to arrive today. The CP driver left the Notice for Pickup card instead. Notice says 11:00am attempt. I was in my kitchen and there was no doorbell rung, the car is out in the driveway too...WTF??? I guess the driver did not like my four steps to climb up eh? > :( Yes, the stairs were cleaned btw.

On a side note, I got my Purolator shipment with no problems today at 2:15pm. The driver rang the bell and climbed my four steps!

That happened to me before too ... I thought my ringer is broken but it wasn't! Then my friend told me a story which explained why they don't actually ring the bell and leave a notice. So what happened to my friend was that one day he was waiting for his package then he saw the delivery truck pull into his driveway so he waited for the guy to ring the door but nothing happens. He then quickly goes to the door and looks outside and catches the delivery guy writing a notice :lol: he asks him "do you have a package for me?" the guy says "I guess!" The bastard then gives my friend the notice and tells him "I don't have the package in my truck please go pick it up yourself from our center" which is pretty far ... my easy going friend just said OK and went pick it up himself ... If it was me I would have called their office and file a complaint :mad:
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3662 posts
839 upvotes
Winnipeg
Coz4k wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 6:14 pm
Havent received mail since the beginning of the week. They use holidays as a pretext to not work.

Lame
Thats funny....there is a thing called stat holidays. There was no mail delivery Monday or tuesday.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4396 posts
566 upvotes
airmail wrote:
Dec 28th, 2011 7:55 pm
Thats funny....there is a thing called stat holidays. There was no mail delivery Monday or tuesday.

Ok brah

Its the samething every year anyways. They are even slower than the usual on holidays.
× < >