• Nov 11th, 2016 5:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6318 posts
2751 upvotes
Alberta

Canada Post International Shipping Questions

Anyone here ship anything from Canada to Sydney Australia lately. I was wondering how long it will take a small package to arrive. Probably will be shipping by it the cheapest way, I would imagine it's going surface mail. Or would it be better just to bite the bullet and ship it by air. No real rush to get it there really but then I don't want it in transit for 2 months either.

Also, what about shipping to Gothenburg, Sweden?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2879 posts
1680 upvotes
Canadia
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 9:37 am
Anyone here ship anything from Canada to Sydney Australia lately. I was wondering how long it will take a small package to arrive. Probably will be shipping by it the cheapest way, I would imagine it's going surface mail. Or would it be better just to bite the bullet and ship it by air. No real rush to get it there really but then I don't want it in transit for 2 months either.

Also, what about shipping to Gothenburg, Sweden?
If you live in Edmonton or Calgary, you can use DYK Post to ship your package through the USA using the US Postal Service. First Class packages from the US include tracking to many countries and take about a week.

They charge a $1 handling fee for packages up to 4 lbs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7624 posts
1396 upvotes
CP? Hong Kong takes 5 weeks, so im gonna guess 5-7weeks.
Apr 25, 2011
242 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
At this time of year, a package to Australia via surface mail could take two months or more. Christmas is coming, folks.
Aug 20, 2010
287 posts
75 upvotes
I shipped some masks to a customer in Perth in September and again in October, it took about 3 weeks to arrive by Small Packet Air / Tracked Packet.

When tracking the tracked packet, it arrived in Australia pretty quickly, Took about 4 days to leave Canada and arrive in Australia (1 day because of international date line crossing, so more like 3 days). Australia Post dragged their heels with the packages, took over 2 weeks before getting from their east coast to the west coast, then to Perth.