Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
2336 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton

Canada Post Lost a Package?! HELP!

Alright,

So I purchased a pair of shoes online on a forum called ISS (issforums.com),
And it's my second time purchasing shoes from this person.
This person shipped out the shoes on the 2xth? and I received the notice to pick it up from the post office on November 4th showing it was available for pickup on the 5th. Went back everyday, and their saying the package is not showing in their systems.

Anything I can do? Is there a chance that the package is in the back and just never got scanned?
BLOWOUT! Jordans, Nike SB, Blazers, Lebrons, Kobes, Roshe Runs + MORE!
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/6-21-jor ... tc-580529/
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4133 posts
745 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If the local post office don't have it, call Canada Post and see what they say. They may need you to contact the seller and have them start the trace.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1708 posts
743 upvotes
richboy! wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:16 pm
Alright,

This person shipped out the shoes on the 2xth? and I received the notice to pick it up from the post office on November 4th showing it was available for pickup on the 5th. Went back everyday, and their saying the package is not showing in their systems.

Anything I can do? Is there a chance that the package is in the back and just never got scanned?
If the Seller sent it out Expedited etc......you could contact the Seller and get the Tracking Number from them also :)

PS........when you ordered before, you ordered online?
If so, most places online send you an email confirmation etc
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
2336 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton
NoFixedAddress wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 10:37 pm
If the Seller sent it out Expedited etc......you could contact the Seller and get the Tracking Number from them also :)

PS........when you ordered before, you ordered online?
If so, most places online send you an email confirmation etc

I ordered from a seller on an online sneaker forum.
The seller is from japan and shipped with whatever the hell they use in japan.

If I decide on calling Canada Post, which number should I called
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
richboy! wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 7:34 am
I ordered from a seller on an online sneaker forum.
The seller is from japan and shipped with whatever the hell they use in japan.

If I decide on calling Canada Post, which number should I called
Without a tracking number Canada Post cannot do a thing. You'll have to take it up with the seller or go through the dispute process with whichever method you used to make your payment.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
2336 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton
gsrce wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 8:29 am
Without a tracking number Canada Post cannot do a thing. You'll have to take it up with the seller or go through the dispute process with whichever method you used to make your payment.
Well, there's tracking, but it's from the Japan post office.
True.
Aug 11, 2004
361 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
The tracking number for EMS or registered SAL will work on Canada Post's web site too. But since you received the pick up notice the item should have already reached a distro center in your city and they attempted to deliver it to your address. Then the item should go to a post office close to your address waiting for you to get it, but since it took you over a week to retrieve it, it may got sent back up to the distro center or some storage place. If someone missed a bar code scan in the last few step it may be lost.

You probably need to talk to someone in a head post office in your city for help. It is not the seller's fault and they can't do anything to help since the item most certainly reached your city.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
2336 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton
cf18, correct about the package reaching the city.
it shows attempted delivery and whatnot.
it's really complicated, put it this way.

i had two notices, they took the wrong one, but the one from the japan still wasn't entered in the system, on the 5th...

now it's been over a week and i'm getting quite paranoid as i spent $340 CAD on that item.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1970 posts
84 upvotes
$340 for a pair of shoes.. I hope they help you fly...

Anyways, I'd go to post offices in your area, not just the one on the ticket. Chances are, it got mixed up and got dropped off at another outlet. No idea if that's how it works, but it seems it could happen like that...
Oct 24, 2007
790 posts
37 upvotes
BC
richboy! wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:16 pm
Alright,

I had this exact same **** happen before. The system couldn't find it anywhere. Some guy from the depot finally called me to tell me they had lost it and it would most likely never show up, and it hasn't. That's Canada's postal system for ya.

P.S. If you didn't use EMS there is no detailed tracking. How much did you pay for shipping? You're covered if the seller used EMS but I'm not so sure about SAL and airmail. Also, the Japanese system for these two methods can only track until it hits Canada (which it most likely has) anything aside from entering the country will be in Canada Post's system. Clearly the issue is with CP then and the seller can't do anything to help you.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4133 posts
745 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
richboy! wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 1:50 pm
cf18, correct about the package reaching the city.
it shows attempted delivery and whatnot.
it's really complicated, put it this way.

i had two notices, they took the wrong one, but the one from the japan still wasn't entered in the system, on the 5th...

now it's been over a week and i'm getting quite paranoid as i spent $340 CAD on that item.
The number should say it's at the depot awaiting pickup. That should tell you where the package was last scanned and where things went missing or mis-delivered.
I would try openning a claim with CP ASAP.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
IF you got the card in the mail then it's now on the head of the people at the shoppers/whatever store you pick up your items with.