• Jul 6th, 2012 10:24 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 21, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY

Canada post no longer does home delivery

Contacted Canada post, because this was the 6th time I got card saying they attempted delivery when i was home. They told me " that all packages that require a signature to get them are delivered to the postal outlet for pick up and the post man just puts the notice of pickup in your regular mail. they don't deliver the packages anymore"

I can't find anywhere on there web page that says this. It just makes me mad.
180 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2768 posts
263 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
Jan 27, 2010
49 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Been that way for a year or so now in my area. They used to, but stopped at one point and when I called to complain I was told basically the same, only in my case they tried to tell me that they've never delivered to the door when a signature was required. I try to avoid places that use Canada Post for that reason, as I don't drive and need to get a ride there every time.

These things always seem to vary between areas though, some people get great service others not so much...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4395 posts
567 upvotes
Same thing here.

I believe its only because they are lazy.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2550 posts
891 upvotes
Winnipeg
last week is when i've started getting "Successfully Delivered" and then a few hours later "Notice card left with where to pick up".. No more "Attempted Delivery" :/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8561 posts
2151 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
johnbougs wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2012 4:29 pm
Contacted Canada post, because this was the 6th time I got card saying they attempted delivery when i was home. They told me " that all packages that require a signature to get them are delivered to the postal outlet for pick up and the post man just puts the notice of pickup in your regular mail. they don't deliver the packages anymore"
Do you get home delivery or delivery to SuperMailBox? If the former then you can't expect a letter carrier to lug small parcels when he does his rounds. That's why they leave a card. If the latter then the delivery to SMB is by truck and, at least in these parts, the carrier will come to our door to make the delivery and get a signature.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43361 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
What does "Best Way" shipping method mean?

It does suck they don't home deliver anymore.. Although the nearest Shoppers with CP Is not far at all!
Haven't really had the need to go and pick up something at CP though.. The community mailbox Is pretty big therefore most of my packages don't require signature so they just go In there!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1031 posts
167 upvotes
OTTAWA
It is my understanding that there are 2 teams when 1 team is responsible for daily mail delivery to neighbourhood community (pigeon hole) boxes while the 2nd team deliver parcels and registered mails etc. The 2nd can give ALL pickup notices to Team 1 for delivery to the neighbourhood community mail boxes and then he/she can take the entire day off.

Few years ago I order a printer from bestbuy and paid for the shipping. Few days after my purchase order with BB, when I collected my daily mail I found a PARCEL PICKUP NOTICE together with letters to me. I called Canada Post Head Office to complain as I had paid for the delivery service because I could not pick the printer from BB store because of my back pain.

After my complaint as mentioned above, the 2nd trick played by the parcel delivery people of Canada Post was to hang the Pick Up Notice at my door WITHOUT ringing my door bell. The Pick Up Notice was marked, "We tried to delivery the parcel to you BUT you were not home." I COMPLAINED to Canada Post HEAD OFFICE again as I WAS HOME THE ENTIRE DAY ON THAT DAY.

Since then they rang my door bell and handed the parcel/registered mail to me.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10720 posts
14377 upvotes
Actually, my problem is Canada Post leaving parcels on the doorstep without pickup notice. I live in tough neighbourhood with lots of crime and I worry someone may steal the parcel.
Have a nice day!

Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43361 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
LonesomeDove wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2012 6:38 am
Actually, my problem is Canada Post leaving parcels on the doorstep without pickup notice. I live in tough neighbourhood with lots of crime and I worry someone may steal the parcel.

Maybe you should leave a permanent note regarding any packages that come to not leave It at the porch/doorstep!
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I despise this practice. Very lazy and unprofessional for them to say "delivery attempted; recipient not home" when they don't even bother making the delivery
© 2015
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43361 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
junot111 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2012 8:35 am
I despise this practice. Very lazy and unprofessional for them to say "delivery attempted; recipient not home" when they don't even bother making the delivery

Agreed, Luckily I've only had this happen once I think?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8561 posts
2151 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Rockymountain wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2012 1:30 am
It is my understanding that there are 2 teams when 1 team is responsible for daily mail delivery to neighbourhood community (pigeon hole) boxes while the 2nd team deliver parcels and registered mails etc. The 2nd can give ALL pickup notices to Team 1 for delivery to the neighbourhood community mail boxes and then he/she can take the entire day off.
That may happen, but that doesn't make it company policy nor should people simply accept it as normal business practice. I've also seen threads on RFD about similar behaviour by UPS and Purlator, so this isn't just a CPC issue.

The only way to stop this sort of behaviour is to complain, as you did. Good for you!
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Jan 27, 2010
49 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Rockymountain wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2012 5:30 am

Sounds like what is happening in my area, as I don't get actually get the notice card until well after it's been listed online as 'delivered to post office'. Sometimes I've even gone and picked up the package, but I'll not actually get the notice card until the next day or so.

This area has seen a huge increase in new homes/subdivisions packed in everywhere, I have to wonder if that has anything to do with the drivers doing that.
Mar 20, 2011
36 posts
34 upvotes
I have heard about many case that CP ruined the package by throwing and also the parcel stealing issue since they do not given any notice, is that true too?
× < >