[OP]
Feb 4, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa

Canada post seasons delays

If no one is aware, Canada post issued a notice for delayed package delivery:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... vicealerts

I figured we could keep track of what to expect for delays here.

My situation:
I have a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 5th and it has been stuck in Montreal since the 2nd of December with no update, I suspect I will either get it next week at this rate. Someone else in my house was suppose to receive a package on November 30 and only received it on the 4th of December. I am sure that this is due to black Friday and cyber Monday, Canada post is swamped and my package is in a bin along with others waiting to be processed or still in a truck outside waiting for room inside to process it.
And this was a Canadian order ( ON to QC).
27 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2817 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks - was just wondering about a package that was due to be delivered yesterday but hasn't had any scans since yesterday morning.

Guess it's just this.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Mar 24, 2016
291 posts
272 upvotes
scarborough
Same as last year. Canada Post stated parcels may be delayed but none of mine were delayed.

Im sure within the next couple of days other courier companies state the same
[OP]
Feb 4, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Just received a confirmation that it was out for delivery. So 2 days late per usually schedule and tracking stopped from Montreal processing to local delivery which is annoying. Still glad be be receiving it this week.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3960 posts
1728 upvotes
explorer11 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:04 am
Same as last year. Canada Post stated parcels may be delayed but none of mine were delayed.

Im sure within the next couple of days other courier companies state the same
UPS has been **** up packages with fake "weather condition" scans, or not even saying that they are late for more than a week now.
Dec 17, 2014
273 posts
58 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Ive had the opposite experience. Scheduled delivery date was the 11th and received the package yesterday!
Mar 7, 2011
522 posts
220 upvotes
Winnipeg
Waiting on a few packages that are several days behind expected delivery.

I hope all shippers that have the option to file for refund. Its absurd, its not like this is a surprise....Canada Post should have been well prepared with extra or temp staff in place....this happens EVERY YEAR does it not? Why would they not have prepared?

Such a gong show of a company for the past many years.

Found this site as well :

http://www.whatswrongwithcanadapost.ca
Jun 29, 2016
50 posts
42 upvotes
I have an amazon order shipped by canadapost. its been 9 days since its shipped from amazon, but canada post tracking still only shows "electronic information received". theres no acceptance scan or any scan at all. anybody know whats going on here?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6830 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Don't be surprised if you see guys who are not drivers but occupy other positions at the courier companies, in uniform but in private cars chipping in with the deliveries.:)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10787 posts
3507 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Rush of online orders leaves Canada Post pickup centres overwhelmed
Many Torontonians’ parcels are in limbo as certain Canada Post pickup locations have run out of capacity to process and store incoming items...

Petranker went to the 998 Bloor St. W location to pick up the parcel Thursday, but it wasn’t there. He tried again on Friday, and was told by employees they’ve been too busy to process the package, and he should come back after the weekend. He tried again Wednesday, one week after receiving the delivery slip, and the package still wasn’t there...
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 3, 2017
3 posts
The thing that baffles me is, I've had a parcel stuck in Vancouver (Richmond) since the 15th of November, yet another parcel I ordered arrived and left Dec 6/7th at the same location. I give up trying to figure out Canada Post.
May 31, 2016
352 posts
336 upvotes
Yeah, that notice has been on their app for a bit - internet sales growing every year and Canada Post isn't built to handle it, and their budget just keeps getting smaller unfortunately.

In my case Amazon's partly at fault. They didn't ship out my Black Friday orders until the day they were supposed to be already delivered.

I've nothing I needed quickly anyway so I haven't bothered complaining but I feel bad for those who relied on those delivery dates.

FYI DHL double charged me duties today, have to try and get a refund from them.... All the shipping companies have problems.
May 10, 2017
195 posts
31 upvotes
These delays didn't start just yesterday or this season. And it looks like this year it will be an epic disaster, especially under the guidance of boss who plans to quit his position in 4 months (31MAR2018) and who announced this 4 months ago. Is he trying to make derailment as damaging as possible? Time will tell.

Read this thread posts especially 6-12 months old and you will find a lot of interesting things regarding CPC mail delivery.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mail-pro ... #p28597118
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1921 posts
1019 upvotes
Dav326235 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:00 pm
Waiting on a few packages that are several days behind expected delivery.

I hope all shippers that have the option to file for refund. Its absurd, its not like this is a surprise....Canada Post should have been well prepared with extra or temp staff in place....this happens EVERY YEAR does it not? Why would they not have prepared?

Such a gong show of a company for the past many years.
I am not out to make excuses for Canada Post...

BUT it is difficult to project & plan for what the Christmas Rush will be every year / next year when our world is changing so rapidly. The stats obviously are not in yet for this year, but just based on VISUALS Canada Post along with every other Delivery mode in Canada is saying this year is waaay crazier than last year.

So one cannot calmly say
Business grew by X % for the Holiday Season in 2016 over numbers in 2015, so we’ll just use that number again for 2017
(Not that I think or know that Canada Post or any Courier / Delivery Co did that)
But it doesn’t work no matter what you set the number at... cause you honestly don’t know... until you are into it up to your neck

And then it’s too late to do much about it

This is exactly what CP and other Retailers & Delivery Cos are saying
Online shopping orders / demands are up an UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT this year
Even the likes of Amazon... who’s whole world is based on Online Shopping has said they are not keeping up... they are far behind now in processing orders, let alone getting stuff out the door and onto Delivery

Clearly there is going to be a lot of folks this year who’s parcels / gifts don’t arrive in time for Christmas
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1921 posts
1019 upvotes
Korin25 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:50 am
If no one is aware, Canada post issued a notice for delayed package delivery:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... vicealerts

I figured we could keep track of what to expect for delays here.

My situation:
I have a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 5th and it has been stuck in Montreal since the 2nd of December with no update, I suspect I will either get it next week at this rate. Someone else in my house was suppose to receive a package on November 30 and only received it on the 4th of December. I am sure that this is due to black Friday and cyber Monday, Canada post is swamped and my package is in a bin along with others waiting to be processed or still in a truck outside waiting for room inside to process it.
And this was a Canadian order ( ON to QC).
Ok, here’s my situation:

Placed an order on Cyber Monday (November 27th) with a Cdn Co. Got Order Confirmation immediatey. Item shipped from Banff, AB. And the Canada Post Tracking began... ETA = Friday ~ December 8th

Have tracked my parcel across Canada (kind of interesting actually)... BANFF - CALGARY - TORONTO - MISSISSAUGA - and now MONTREAL all the while listed as IN TRANSIT

Expected Delivery is now set for Monday ~ December 11th

We live in Eastern Ontario, near the Quebec Border, so I am guessing my parcel will once again move via land / truck to my local post office before it gets to me finally.

I just hope it arrives in good shape (gift) as I clearly won’t have time to reorder another one if there is any problem.
*fingers crossed*