Expired Freebies

[Canada Post] Ship a package for free within Canada every Tuesday in October for Solutions for Small Business members!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 9:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1308 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
Honger wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 11:23 am
Anyone else having this error? It's been the same since last week as well.

We're Sorry
The page you requested is not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please try again later.
I am getting same error
Jun 20, 2009
846 posts
170 upvotes
Edmonton
Is there any time limit to the label? I used the 1st week to send something I really didn't need to send via Xpresspost (lol) and I had nothing to send this week. However, it made me think if I could create a label that I could use later to send Xmas gifts later next month or December.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6253 posts
2382 upvotes
Kootenays
I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember last year it was 5 business days. You could always call or chat and ask. Of course, you'd have to pick your box beforehand and measure it, plus estimate the weight.
Dec 7, 2012
763 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
kreisleriana wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 11:58 am
Is there any time limit to the label? I used the 1st week to send something I really didn't need to send via Xpresspost (lol) and I had nothing to send this week. However, it made me think if I could create a label that I could use later to send Xmas gifts later next month or December.
The label doesn't seem to expire. You can generate it on a free tuesday and use it later (I couldn't find any specifics but it's definitely good for at least a couple months). If you're generating it ahead of time just put in a very large dimension & weight since they don't care about overpaid postage, only underpaid. You also need to print or save the label PDF as it's only available for a few days.
Your advertisement here
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9008 posts
8511 upvotes
Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) files strike notice for next week
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... wsreleases

Strike action as early as midnight on Monday, October 22, 2018. My latest package is schedule to be delivered on Monday Oct 22.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
331 posts
406 upvotes
Alberta
If it's rotating strikes I guess that's okay. So we would just print the shipping label and ship it on a day when they're not on strike? Neutral Face
Jul 15, 2014
83 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Great deal, had a box shipped from Vancouver to Ottawa on Tuesday and was delivered to my local post office Thursday. Very quick - impressed! I believe the value of the shipment is around $45. Thanks for the deal. Will ask for another package to be sent to me :)
Dec 18, 2017
13 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Does the promo code box only show up on Tuesdays? Its not showing on my total page.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3516 posts
1399 upvotes
Edmonton
jcthegoat wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:49 pm
Does the promo code box only show up on Tuesdays? Its not showing on my total page.
It should show up if you're:
  1. Signed-in to your small business account (not personal account), and
  2. Using the Snap Ship tool
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1068 posts
659 upvotes
Too bad I'm getting a 500 error!

Tried to signup for new account and I'm getting an error too: An error occurred while handling the request. Please try again or contact the support line!
Oct 21, 2018
1 posts
Hi
Canada Post's website is very archaic (like their institution) and frustrating. I did enter the promo code and it asked for my credit card number which I read I did have to give them and it would be refunded.. The charge went pending on my credit card and is now posted for the full amount. I did phone Canada Post and they said I did not enter the promo code OCT16, which I did. So yeah, now out $28 for my FREE SHIPPING TUESDAYS. Garbage website, garbage institution as it has been for decades. Don't waste your time. Used the Snap Tool and did get a shipping label and did enter the code, all to no avail. They should hurry themselves out of business, not try to get more business. They do nothing well. My local postmaster had no idea what I was talking about when I said free shipping Tuesdays. Joke
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
331 posts
406 upvotes
Alberta
It's live for today! No problems with making my shipping label. The code is OCT23.
Oct 5, 2002
428 posts
78 upvotes
Just created my shipping label using OCT23 code with no problems. Saved $48 this week and saved $60 on the first week. Off-loading old RFD items I bought on impulse that I never needed. 2 more weeks. Hopefully I can sell more of my RFD regrets on eBay in the next 2 weeks.
Nov 26, 2015
225 posts
313 upvotes
Mississauga
Error / Erreur

We're Sorry

We can't find the page you're looking for.
The page may have been moved or deleted, or the address may be incorrect.
Please check that you typed the address correctly. You can also use the search tool or browse the topics below to find the information you need.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
331 posts
406 upvotes
Alberta
It looks like for Tuesday, October 23 the strike will be in the "Greater Toronto Area, (excluding Scarborough) and most of the 905-region. Mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up in Toronto during the rotating strike. Canada Post continues to operate across the rest of Canada and is accepting and delivering mail and parcels in all other locations." For the most recent updates, please visit https://www.canadapost.ca/update.