Shopping Discussion

Canada Post showing Delivered but actually not.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2016 6:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
520 upvotes
Brossard, QC

Canada Post showing Delivered but actually not.

Anyone has similar experience?

I bought something from underarmour.com. With the tracking number, Canada Post Delivered it at 13:51, April 7, 2016. But I never received it and the condo security guy said no item kept for me.

I called Canada Post, and the agent suggested me to wait till Monday to see if the guy can deliver it again. She thought the dilivery man forgot to return the item back to the depot and the pakage may still lie in his truck. Or I can go to nearby Post Office or depot to ask for if they have it. Otherwise, I need to call them again and they will file a service ticket for me?

If it is really lost by Canada Post, will Canada Post reimburse my total purchase or I should contact underarmour? :confused:
17 replies
Nov 9, 2013
679 posts
763 upvotes
Barrie
I'm going through a similar problem right now. I ordered hot sauces from my brother, whom owns a sauce business, and the tracking showed delivered to community mailbox 2 days ago.

Now usually when I get these, I will have a key left in my box, which opens the larger parcel box. There was no key, nor was there a notice for pickup.

I had to call in, create a ticket, but will have to wait til at least Monday for anything to be done. I'm hoping the mail carrier didn't give someone else the key.

I too would like to know if CP will reimburse for THEIR mistake.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9502 upvotes
wxw2015 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 5:15 pm
If it is really lost by Canada Post, will Canada Post reimburse my total purchase or I should contact underarmour? :confused:
That all depends on if underarmor paid for insurance.
Not that it matters anyway since there's nothing you can do about it but contact them.
Since you're not the sender Canada Post won't even talk to you.
Jun 9, 2011
459 posts
224 upvotes
wxw2015 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 5:15 pm
Anyone has similar experience?

I bought something from underarmour.com. With the tracking number, Canada Post Delivered it at 13:51, April 7, 2016. But I never received it and the condo security guy said no item kept for me.

I called Canada Post, and the agent suggested me to wait till Monday to see if the guy can deliver it again. She thought the dilivery man forgot to return the item back to the depot and the pakage may still lie in his truck. Or I can go to nearby Post Office or depot to ask for if they have it. Otherwise, I need to call them again and they will file a service ticket for me?

Wait a couple of days, he may have taken it back to the depot, and pick up card will show up in your mailbox a day or two later. I had an annoying streak of similar behavior by our mailman a while ago, but luckily he moved to a different route now (I think).

Alternatively, crash the party in this thread - merged-ask-me-about-working-canada-post-612838/ and try to get your answer there.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1189 posts
80 upvotes
Beamsville
I had a parcel show as delivered on Canada Posts site on a Friday, no parcel in the community mail box. A neighbor a few houses down knocked on the door the next day, he had gotten my parcel.
Nov 9, 2013
679 posts
763 upvotes
Barrie
death_hawk wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 5:32 pm
Since you're not the sender Canada Post won't even talk to you.
This statement is not true. In my case, I am the receiver and they talked to me.

As long as you have a tracking number, they can start the process of investigating.

If you're referring to the insurance, then yeah, that would be up to UnderArmor. In any case, he should contact both places.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12047 posts
1540 upvotes
Kanata
I had this with a package from amazon. Said delivered but it wasn't to my community mailbox. Thankfully, I contacted the seller and they sent another package, and dealt with canada post over the missing one.
Aug 27, 2010
591 posts
111 upvotes
I received a package that was for someone else in the neighborhood, but not even on the same street. Her phone number was on the label, so I called her and she came by to pick it up. While waiting for her, I entered in the tracking number on CP's site, and sure enough, it showed that it was delivered.

So maybe, your package WAS delivered, but to someone else.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
Like others have said, you can deal with canadapost directly (somewhat). I'd let it go Monday and if by end of day Monday it hasn't shown up then just contact Underarmour. It's really their responsibility to ensure you get it, and up to them to file an insurance claim with canadapost if they wish. Every company will be different, but Amazon is super quick to just ship out a replacement for example. I assume they either take the loss (which is possibly part of their contract with CP), or they may claim every loss with canadapost for reimbursement after the fact. Under armour may choose to send you a replacement right away or they may try to work with CP to find it or get their loss reimbursed then send you a new one.
Feb 2, 2003
293 posts
43 upvotes
I am currently going through this exact situation with an item I purchased from 123InkCartridges - item said delivered but I did not receive anything. I contacted 123InkCartridges who in turn opened a claim with Canada Post. Canada Post contacted me last week but I still do not know the outcome of the claim. It's been 3-weeks since the item was allegedly delivered.

I had a close call last year with an order from Best Buy. The item was delivered to another unit in my apartment building, I think it was left at their door, fortunately the resident of that unit was kind enough to bring the package to my unit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7366 posts
834 upvotes
GTA
Junerose wrote:
Apr 10th, 2016 3:36 am
I received a package that was for someone else in the neighborhood, but not even on the same street. Her phone number was on the label, so I called her and she came by to pick it up. While waiting for her, I entered in the tracking number on CP's site, and sure enough, it showed that it was delivered.

So maybe, your package WAS delivered, but to someone else.
Same thing happened to us. A package was left for us and another one was left sitting by our mailbox for someone else. I checked the tracking and it showed delivered and we dropped it at their house as it was close. Driver must have had a few packages in his hand and put that one down and forgot it.

In our case this seems to happen since all the packages are usually scanned in the morning the day they are being delivered instead of when they are successfully delivered. If I check my tracking and it shows delivered it usually arrives later that day.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13352 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
goofball wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 9:58 pm
I had this with a package from amazon. Said delivered but it wasn't to my community mailbox. Thankfully, I contacted the seller and they sent another package, and dealt with canada post over the missing one.
My last 3 delivers from Amazon are marked as delivered and I never got it at the time. Typical Government Union crooks don't do $hit and can get away with anything.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Sep 4, 2014
537 posts
46 upvotes
Madden, AB
RyanD163 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 8:54 pm
This statement is not true. In my case, I am the receiver and they talked to me.

As long as you have a tracking number, they can start the process of investigating.

If you're referring to the insurance, then yeah, that would be up to UnderArmor. In any case, he should contact both places.
When this occurred Canada post refused to start an investigation because I was not the direct client to them. Rather the sender was, so I had to have the sender start an investigation. How did you manage to have them start one as a receiver?
Nov 9, 2013
679 posts
763 upvotes
Barrie
hello3k wrote:
Apr 10th, 2016 8:46 pm
When this occurred Canada post refused to start an investigation because I was not the direct client to them. Rather the sender was, so I had to have the sender start an investigation. How did you manage to have them start one as a receiver?
I just told them I haven't received my package while the tracking is showing delivered.

You should absolutely be able to start a ticket. Aren't you still the end user of this service? Do you have a tracking number? I would be demanding that CP start an investigation on your behalf. Why should you have to leave it in the hands of the other party?

We should be demanding more of our mail service. I think it's time to speak up. My two cents.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2273 posts
290 upvotes
North York
Just sharing an experience.

I had this issue few years back and it was document containing passport. The item showed delivered but never received it. Eventually had to go to Canada Post Ombudsman and filed a report to Police. It was declared lost ...