Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Post

Star Trek 50th Anniversary stamps and collectibles

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2016 8:47 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4245 posts
2608 upvotes
Pointe-Claire

[Canada Post] Star Trek 50th Anniversary stamps and collectibles

Deal Link:
More offers from Canada Post
Canada Post has released the Star Trek 50th Anniversary stamps and collectibles!
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/sites/en/ ... t|hero|223

(Tried to add more info here but having issues... only managed to add the link)

Here's some more info...
Here is a link to the Global report from Montreal that I saw this morning:
http://globalnews.ca/video/2682363/star-trek-stamps

Also: http://globalnews.ca/news/2680537/star- ... ne-before/
23 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3973 posts
4217 upvotes
Nice, thx OP ...too bad I am more of a TNG fan
Aug 17, 2008
329 posts
1206 upvotes
Thank you OP, my father-in-law was a big (BIG) star trek fan before he passed away, and I purchased two sets of the collector books for my husband and his brother to give them on their fathers birthday (or maybe father's day). I know it will mean a lot to them as their dad would have been one of the first people to buy this.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
pongster wrote: Nice, thx OP ...too bad I am more of a TNG fan
Patience, the Borg will eventually assimilate the post office (unless Q decides to pay them a visit first).
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
Fitting Shatner, Donahue were both Canadian and a city is name Vulcan in Saskatchewan. Shatner attended Baron Byng and West Hill high school here in Montreal and McGill university has named a pavilion after him !

Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3145 posts
1486 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: Donahue
Doohan.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
May 26, 2006
280 posts
172 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: Fitting Shatner, Donahue were both Canadian and a city is name Vulcan in Saskatchewan. Shatner attended Baron Byng and West Hill high school here in Montreal and McGill university has named a pavilion after him !

Actually, Vulcan is in Alberta.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
Glad they waited until after May the Fourth. Riots avoided.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I like Captain Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek Voyager.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
EdT586 wrote: Best film of the franchise, can't believe that was 34 years ago. I watched it at the Imperial theatre here in Montreal.
but khan was in the original series as well, and is easily one of the most memorable villains.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
wxw2015 wrote: I like Captain Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek Voyager.
Voyager is good, but it never made it to the big screens !
The come back after 12 long years to the big screen from the small screen.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
pongster wrote: Nice, thx OP ...too bad I am more of a TNG fan
Same here. Just fyi aside from the Picard and Worf Diamond Select action figures this TNG luncg box is the only Next Gen thing being produced rifgt now

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarius-Star-Gen ... B00TTX5TKU

I grabbed mine from the Hallmark store for $16 CDN
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Uh, Scotty wore a red shirt throughout the TV series.

wxw2015 wrote: I like Captain Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek Voyager.
I recently saw a DVD extra from Voyager, and they originally cast a French (Canadian?) actress as the captain. She was rather low-key.

Edit// Here she is:
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
rabbit wrote: Uh, Scotty wore a red shirt throughout the TV series.
that's why he never went on away missions.
I recently saw a DVD extra from Voyager, and they originally cast a French (Canadian?) actress as the captain. She was rather low-key.
actually, Geneviève Bujold got the role as Janeway, and it was widely reported in the entertainment media (I hate her as an actress, right up there with rosie perez) but then she quit during the first episode and was replaced with Mulgrew. good decision too, as Bujold would have absolutely killed the series.
Feb 26, 2012
303 posts
152 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered one of the Shatner auto'd picture. $250 seems like a good deal considering it's all framed, matted and free shipping! Couldn't say no.

Thanks op!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4245 posts
2608 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Yaga187 wrote: Ordered one of the Shatner auto'd picture. $250 seems like a good deal considering it's all framed, matted and free shipping! Couldn't say no.

Thanks op!

You're welcome and congrats! Have you received it yet? Looks good?

I received my order yesterday (didn't order auto'd picture). I'm trying to hold off ordering one... "resistance is futile". ;)
Feb 26, 2012
303 posts
152 upvotes
Edmonton
deals46 wrote: You're welcome and congrats! Have you received it yet? Looks good?

I received my order yesterday (didn't order auto'd picture). I'm trying to hold off ordering one... "resistance is futile". ;)
Nope it hasn't even shipped yet! Dunno what the delay is. I'm hoping it ships soon! Anxious to receive it ☺

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)