• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 7:04 pm
[OP]
Aug 29, 2016
243 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto

Canada Post Sucks

I had an expensive item delivered and the tracking says "location- Mississauga" yet my shipping address is in Toronto and no where near Mississauga. The tracking info also says the item was dropped off at side door, and my work has no side door (I had the item delivered to my work).

Now I have to open a claim with the sender and try to sort this mess out.

I spoke to someone else in my building and they said they also had a package go missing that was supposedly delivered, yet the last scanned location was "Mississauga".

Anyone else had issues like this??
47 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3179 posts
2102 upvotes
dielan wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:05 pm
I had an expensive item delivered and the tracking says "location- Mississauga" yet my shipping address is in Toronto and no where near Mississauga. The tracking info also says the item was dropped off at side door, and my work has no side door (I had the item delivered to my work).

Now I have to open a claim with the sender and try to sort this mess out.

I spoke to someone else in my building and they said they also had a package go missing that was supposedly delivered, yet the last scanned location was "Mississauga".

Anyone else had issues like this??
Use FlexDelivery and avoid stuff like this happening.
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2009
1979 posts
369 upvotes
I've had so many issues with Canada post in the last 2 months that I have over 8 active tickets that I have not heard back from ONE rep at CP regarding them.

I have issues where packages will say out for delivery and don't come until 2 days later

I have issues where Canada post says the package was delivered to the community mailbox, only to see it ACTUALLY there, two days later.

I have issues where Canada post will deliver my item, and for multiple days after, the tracking is still being updated that my package is en route while I have it in my hand.

I have issues where Canada Post says the package it's supposed to be delivered for a specific day, and 6 days later, there's no package. Only to find out, it's been sitting at my local sort facility for absolutely no reason.

They are absolutely THE WORST BUSINESS in ALL of Canada. I don't know how they operate, how they stay in business... It sickens me because there stupid phone prompt STRESSES the fact that it's "THAT EASY" to open a ticket, yet no one follows up on the tickets nor is there any escalation path to higher management.

They mentioned flex delivery but I don't see how that is any different then going to my community mailbox to pickup my package rather then a 3rd part store?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1818 posts
463 upvotes
Woodbridge
Canada Post delivers millions of parcels every year. It's inevitable that they'll mess some of them up. The only issue I ever had with Canada Post was when a delivery person didn't even bother to knock on the door (4 people were home, notes on the door saying to ring doorbell etc.) and just left the shipping slip in the community mailbox not even on the door handle saying that delivery was attempted and nobody was home. Eventually found myself on the phone with someone from customer service in Quebec who was able to get in touch with the driver and have them drop off the package at my local Shoppers for immediate pickup. She apologized for it and said that they would follow up with the depot and driver to see what happened. Sure, it was a headache, but it's life. Headaches happen. They solved the problem to my satisfaction.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2016
243 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if they would deliver a parcel to the same address in another city? (Mississauga). Or do they mostly go off postal code?
Feb 2, 2009
127 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
The delivery is based on postal code. It is imbedded in the barcode. If the delivery was dropped in Mississauga then the postal code would have been why it ended up there and not the right city.

Remember street names are not necessarily unique so they do the best that they can based off the postal code.
Feb 13, 2015
724 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lol funny I found this post today. I ordered a dip bar set online last week and it was supposed to be delivered today. So i check my mailbox downstairs and i see a note where to go pick up my dip bar tomorow. Mind you this thing weighs like 20 lb max and was definitely with the driver. I am mind boggled why he had the nerve to drop a note in my mailbox and not just come up to my floor and knock on my door and give it to me. That's what we pay for no? Either this guy was lazy AF or just did it out of spite/didn't care.
😎Thanks RFD😎
May 23, 2014
846 posts
426 upvotes
canada
blackbirdman wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:32 pm
Lol funny I found this post today. I ordered a dip bar set online last week and it was supposed to be delivered today. So i check my mailbox downstairs and i see a note where to go pick up my dip bar tomorow. Mind you this thing weighs like 20 lb max and was definitely with the driver. I am mind boggled why he had the nerve to drop a note in my mailbox and not just come up to my floor and knock on my door and give it to me. That's what we pay for no? Either this guy was lazy AF or just did it out of spite/didn't care.
Call in, ask his supervisor if heavy items aren’t even attempted to be delivered
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1111 posts
147 upvotes
Markham, ON
I wonder if it is a regional thing.

Maybe Canada Post is doing great else where.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2249 posts
1180 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
dielan wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:05 pm
I had an expensive item delivered and the tracking says "location- Mississauga" yet my shipping address is in Toronto and no where near Mississauga.
Umm...you do know that Mississauga is part of Toronto, right?
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2016
243 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
ALLCAPS wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:23 am
Umm...you do know that Mississauga is part of Toronto, right?
Ummm actually it’s a suburb of Toronto and it’s called the city of Mississauga. It’s actual description when you google it is “a city next to Toronto”. I don’t know what world your living in where Mississauga was ever amalgamated into Toronto. Nice try though buddy

I hope you’re not from Toronto because that’s embarrassing
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2895 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Mississauga is actually their main sort facility still for a lot of packages in Toronto. I just checked the history of a bunch of mine and they all showed as located in Mississauga; and then out for delivery - and i'm in Liberty Village area downtown.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2249 posts
1180 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
dielan wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:30 am
Ummm actually it’s a suburb of Toronto and it’s called the city of Mississauga. It’s actual description when you google it is “a city next to Toronto”.
Thank you for confirming my statement. "A city next to Toronto" and "a suburb of Toronto" is certainly equivalent to being part of Toronto. Doubly so considering that the Toronto Airport is in Mississauga. Looking at any map, the two cities are indistinct, and of course Miss Is part of the GTA.

Certainly a long way from your statement that Miss Is "nowhere near Toronto".

Nice try, buddy.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2016
243 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
ALLCAPS wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:13 pm
Thank you for confirming my statement. "A city next to Toronto" and "a suburb of Toronto" is certainly equivalent to being part of Toronto. Doubly so considering that the Toronto Airport is in Mississauga. Looking at any map, the two cities are indistinct, and of course Miss Is part of the GTA.

Certainly a long way from your statement that Miss Is "nowhere near Toronto".

Nice try, buddy.
If you could read you would see I said my work location is no where near Mississauga, not that Toronto is no where near Mississauga. Your exact words were also "Mississauga is part of Toronto" which it is not. [..]
Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 14th, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3179 posts
2102 upvotes
Pretty sure the Canada Post HQ is in Mississauga. I'm in Ottawa and all my international packages route through Mississauga as well.