Shopping Discussion

Canada post tracking : Item marked delivery but nothing in mail box.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 9:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London

Canada post tracking : Item marked delivery but nothing in mail box.

Hi, I ordered printer toner from Montreal on Monday, ebay seller sent it via expedited parcel. It arrived London this morning at around 12:05am and at around 7:30am it stated "Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay" What does it mean? Anyone have experience kindly tell me how long it will take since my printer is now out of toner and I need to replace it for some work within the next few days. TIA
Last edited by apvm on Mar 15th, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9581 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
Did you call Canada Post? Maybe due to the weather, it just got delayed.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 50-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
squall458 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 5:42 pm
Did you call Canada Post? Maybe due to the weather, it just got delayed.
Clear sky over here all day and they want the sender to call them instead. I was just wondering if anyone here have experience to tell me how long would the delay be. Thanks.

By the way, I have another package (express parcel) which was suppose to arrive on Feb 20 and according to tracking it is still "out for delivery". Ebay sender already asked and we are still waiting for Canada Post reply.

What is with Canada Post these days or am I just being unlucky?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2290 posts
893 upvotes
Vancouver
The delay is usually one day. There's a sorting event in the morning and one in the evening. If it was mis-sorted in the morning and missed the truck, it should have another opportunity in the evening.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
Spinner wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:01 pm
The delay is usually one day. There's a sorting event in the morning and one in the evening. If it was mis-sorted in the morning and missed the truck, it should have another opportunity in the evening.
Thanks, it was processed again once last night and once this morning but delivery has changed from today to tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
Update:

According to tracking, it is suppose to be delivered at 11:30am but nothing in my mail box or around the house. I checked again just now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
Update:

Finally arrived in my mail box today. Looks like what people say at another forum is right. They scanned everything as delivered and take their time to deliver them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
Canada Post did it again. This time for a shipment from Newegg. Tracking indicated it is delivered to the community mail box at 12:12pm. I checked about half an hour ago, nothing. What are these postman doing?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1337 posts
408 upvotes
apvm wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 1:16 pm
Canada Post did it again. This time for a shipment from Newegg. Tracking indicated it is delivered to the community mail box at 12:12pm. I checked about half an hour ago, nothing. What are these postman doing?
Yes, this happened to me as well with an Amazon package. When I called Canada Post, they say that this is "normal". Canada Post told me to wait until next business day to see if the package shows up. I waited one business day and the package did not show up. I called Canada Post back and they said to wait two more business days. I told them that this does not seem normal but I figured that the mailbox key was put into the wrong community mail box. After 5 business days, I still did not have the package. I called Canada Post again and they told me to call Amazon so that Amazon can contact Canada Post to start an investigation. Amazon issued me a refund instantly. 7 business days later, I receive the package. I called Amazon back and told them I received the package. I told Amazon to charge me for the product because that is the honest thing to do. I could have easily kept the package for free but I didn't because I like to live an honest and ethical life.

I assume that the key for the community mail box was put in the wrong mailbox and whoever received it was honest enough to put the package back into the postal system. The status for tracking # never did get updated to reflect the new delivery date.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
kennyt18 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 1:50 pm
Yes, this happened to me as well with an Amazon package. When I called Canada Post, they say that this is "normal". Canada Post told me to wait until next business day to see if the package shows up. I waited one business day and the package did not show up. I called Canada Post back and they said to wait two more business days. I told them that this does not seem normal but I figured that the mailbox key was put into the wrong community mail box. After 5 business days, I still did not have the package. I called Canada Post again and they told me to call Amazon so that Amazon can contact Canada Post to start an investigation. Amazon issued me a refund instantly. 7 business days later, I receive the package. I called Amazon back and told them I received the package. I told Amazon to charge me for the product because that is the honest thing to do. I could have easily kept the package for free but I didn't because I like to live an honest and ethical life.

I assume that the key for the community mail box was put in the wrong mailbox and whoever received it was honest enough to put the package back into the postal system. The status for tracking # never did get updated to reflect the new delivery date.
Thanks, I got my neighbor's letters all the time and I usually bring it to them since they are not far from me but for a parcel it never happen to me. I have another package from Newegg which is now in Kitchener and should be here tomorrow, hopefully nothing will happen to it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7555 posts
1185 upvotes
London
kennyt18 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 1:50 pm

My neighbour just rang the door bell and hand me my package, you are right, they left the key to the wrong mail box.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)