None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2707 posts
294 upvotes
Alberta

Canada Post Tracking and USPS Number

Does anyone know if I can use a USPS tracking number on the canada Post website? I had a package shipped from the US via USPS on 9/10. The USPS tracking system says that it has left the US onroute to the Canada. But, when I enter the tracking number on the Canada Post website I get this "We were not able to find any results. There is no information available for this item. Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product". The package still hasn't arrived yet.
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5761 posts
543 upvotes
Yes, USPS tracking numbers work on the Canada Post site (and vice versa) BUT tracking information will only begin to show up once the package enters Canada and gets scanned by Canada Post. Your package is not in Canada yet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2707 posts
294 upvotes
Alberta
Strange, it was shipped on 9/10 from Philadelphia and still haven't made it to Canada yet after 12 days. Wonder if it's stuck un Cusoms. It's just a cabin air filter for my car.
Mar 4, 2006
237 posts
15 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2010 11:47 pm
Strange, it was shipped on 9/10 from Philadelphia and still haven't made it to Canada yet after 12 days. Wonder if it's stuck un Cusoms. It's just a cabin air filter for my car.

If it got to Canada (or customs), it would show on the canadapost website.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1447 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Depends how its shipped. Some shipping methods have no tracking. You might get a tracking number for USPS which is just a shipping label that has been printed out (Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received), but it will never show it has been picked up or shipped

If it does have full tracking, then it will show on canadapost website
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2153 posts
251 upvotes
Thornhill
Jin-n-Juice wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2010 4:04 pm
Depends how its shipped. Some shipping methods have no tracking. You might get a tracking number for USPS which is just a shipping label that has been printed out (Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received), but it will never show it has been picked up or shipped

I'm having the exact same problem. It just shows Electronic Shipping Info Received. And it's for the BB Torch. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone.
Jul 21, 2010
310 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
USPS tracking never worked for me. Even when I paid for tracking it will always say Electronic Shipping Info Received.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1140 posts
77 upvotes
Jin-n-Juice wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2010 4:04 pm

+1

i have had package stuck in customs for 15+ days....this is the main disadvantage with usps IMO
Selling lots of M4/3 and nikon stuff (CLICK HERE IF INTERESTED) and Surface Pro 3 with extended warranty (CLICK HERE IF INTERESTED)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2707 posts
294 upvotes
Alberta
Here's an update to my post. The package arrived today and still on Canada Post Tracking it still shows no information or update. Why even have it when they don't even bother updating anything. USPS tracking says that the package left Philadelphia on 09/14 enroute to destination.
Oct 13, 2009
55 posts
toronto
i ordered a pair of headphones from the states with ebay about 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for it to arrive. i got a tracking number but its been the same status for 2 weeks (electronic information received). how long does it usually take for a item to arrive from the states?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5024 posts
13686 upvotes
Winnipeg
If the cheapest USPS shipping methd was used, I would allow 2-3 weeks for the package to arrive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2707 posts
294 upvotes
Alberta
circleoflife wrote:
Sep 28th, 2010 11:40 pm
i ordered a pair of headphones from the states with ebay about 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for it to arrive. i got a tracking number but its been the same status for 2 weeks (electronic information received). how long does it usually take for a item to arrive from the states?

Mine always arrives in about 10 days.
Jul 20, 2009
421 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
I've been waiting a month exactly today for my 2 xbox controllers lol Happy Anniversary :P
Oct 13, 2009
55 posts
toronto
so why you ship with usps you cant get updated tracking info like with dhl? is there any place i can call to see where my package is at? cause its taking a really long time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2707 posts
294 upvotes
Alberta
circleoflife wrote:
Sep 30th, 2010 9:43 pm
so why you ship with usps you cant get updated tracking info like with dhl? is there any place i can call to see where my package is at? cause its taking a really long time.
I usually ship by USPS whenever possible. Tracking it by Canada Post sucks but it's usually the cheapest way to ship something. Plus they don't hit you with the big surprise brokerage fees like from FedEx etc.
× < >