• Jul 27th, 2009 3:18 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
2317 posts
145 upvotes

Canada Post Venture One Card

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has signed up for this despite not actually having a small business? The discounts itself seem pretty worth it. I dugup some old threads as well and it seems that quite a few people here use it?

I just have a few questions to go along with this (warning: they maybe stupid questions):

a) So I just print the waybill and stick it on the package?

b) Does CP come pick it up? Or do I just go to my local shoppers to ship it?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6698 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
jwei wrote:
Jul 27th, 2009 1:42 am
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has signed up for this despite not actually having a small business? The discounts itself seem pretty worth it. I dugup some old threads as well and it seems that quite a few people here use it?

I just have a few questions to go along with this (warning: they maybe stupid questions):

a) So I just print the waybill and stick it on the package?

b) Does CP come pick it up? Or do I just go to my local shoppers to ship it?

Thanks
I'm sure you can sign up for it under your name & address and just say you have a sole proprietorship.

I use it extensively with my business & the 8% off (5% for VentureOne and 3% for EST) is beneficial. There are more discounts available if you have 750+ pieces of mail per year.

CP will only do pickups at your commercial address with like 5+ pieces of mail per day I think (or something similar to this)

It generates a .pdf file with a barcode & reference numbers. The bottom half of the PDF is your receipt, you print it off, and you cut it in half and place the top half on your package. If you mislabel things (weight, height, width, & length), then it will charge your account (although I've over estimated on the weight on nearly every package and never been charged less :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
2317 posts
145 upvotes
matdwyer wrote:
Jul 27th, 2009 2:03 am
I'm sure you can sign up for it under your name & address and just say you have a sole proprietorship.

I use it extensively with my business & the 8% off (5% for VentureOne and 3% for EST) is beneficial. There are more discounts available if you have 750+ pieces of mail per year.

CP will only do pickups at your commercial address with like 5+ pieces of mail per day I think (or something similar to this)

It generates a .pdf file with a barcode & reference numbers. The bottom half of the PDF is your receipt, you print it off, and you cut it in half and place the top half on your package. If you mislabel things (weight, height, width, & length), then it will charge your account (although I've over estimated on the weight on nearly every package and never been charged less :lol:
Cool thanks, so I just bring the label applied to the package to my local canada post and thats it?

If so, sweeeeeeeeeet. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9917 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
jwei wrote:
Jul 27th, 2009 2:38 am
Cool thanks, so I just bring the label applied to the package to my local canada post and thats it?

If so, sweeeeeeeeeet. Thanks
Most items you can drop in a mail box as well. Your printed label, on the receipt portion, it will indicate whether or not it can be dropped off in a mailbox.

BTW, when you go to the post office to drop off, make sure they scan it. Some will, and some will just toss it in the box. You want to get the initial dropped off at post office scan. If the parcel goes missing or is late arriving, if you don't have that drop off scan, then they could question whether the parcel was ever even sent. Also helps when you phone in to get refunded on expedited/xpresspost that doesn't arrive on time. If there is that initial scan before 5pm, then they don't question it. If there is no initial scan, then they can claim you didn't have it dropped off before the 5pm cut off.
× < >