Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada protein

Canada protein 15% off New Zealand whey

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2019 1:26 am
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo

Canada protein 15% off New Zealand whey

Deal Link:
Savings:
15% off
Expiry:
October 1, 2019
Retailer:
Canada protein
A little bit late but Canada protein has their New Zealand whey concentrate at 15% off which is really good for a pure whey protein powder, arguably the best you buy.

Nothing artificial if you buy the unsweetened. I have been using it for quite a while and it is really good.

Sale is till midnight tonight :)
16 replies
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Great protein. I use the unflavored NZ isolate.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
Way more than myprotein tho
I think I paid 56 for 11lb isolate
Usually sale every year?
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
Yeah but this is much higher quality. You get what you pay for
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
I'm sure I won't get what I pay for, for that expense.
Sadly, It won't help me lift more.
I got to elite numbers with very low quality whey from Walmart, etc. Stuff that was probably protein spiked.
Now I grew up got a job I only do isolate due to stomach problems I can no longer handle from concentrate.
-speaking of which... Despite getting a job I still don't wish to put so much money into high quality things like grass fed NZ or hydro whey .
6 scoops a day will break the bank :/

For CP price... It's cheaper to get the same stuff when it goes on sale at Costco.
Even though I refuse to support that brand, I'd still get the Costco protein before considering CPs current sale pricing on the conc and isolate.
The max I'll pay is $9/lb of isolate which exclude the Costco and CP pricing as they're too high.
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
Triad wrote: I'm sure I won't get what I pay for, for that expense.
Sadly, It won't help me lift more.
I got to elite numbers with very low quality whey from Walmart, etc. Stuff that was probably protein spiked.
Now I grew up got a job I only do isolate due to stomach problems I can no longer handle from concentrate.
-speaking of which... Despite getting a job I still don't wish to put so much money into high quality things like grass fed NZ or hydro whey .
6 scoops a day will break the bank :/

For CP price... It's cheaper to get the same stuff when it goes on sale at Costco.
Even though I refuse to support that brand, I'd still get the Costco protein before considering CPs current sale pricing on the conc and isolate.
The max I'll pay is $9/lb of isolate which exclude the Costco and CP pricing as they're too high.
It is not about protein at this level. It is about sucralose, acesulfame which proven destroy good bacteria which on the long run can create big health problems.

It is better to spend 100$ on natural genuine product than throw away 40 . You will not save 60 , you will only throw away 40 and ingest garbage. Health first , muscles will come as a consequence
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
If only if it was that simple.
More pressing matters are downing a liter of diet coke a day.
1 day when everything down to the last ingredient or macro counting screened to go in my body is in effect, I'll make the jump to this luxury form of protein. Oh and a salary increase.
Can't justify the cost for this currently.

I'll take the ~91.x% purity of myprotein, tested and true or the Costco that goes on sale which is as well the same quality as CP protein but for a lot cheaper.

Someone needs to send a protein sample of CP to have it tested for purity before i consider justifying paying an exorbitant amount for the same thing.
Costco and myprotein have been tested to have over 90% and are highly regarded already.

If the price of CP iso goes on sale then that will be enough to switch haha

nimfomanijak wrote: It is not about protein at this level. It is about sucralose, acesulfame which proven destroy good bacteria which on the long run can create big health problems.

It is better to spend 100$ on natural genuine product than throw away 40 . You will not save 60 , you will only throw away 40 and ingest garbage. Health first , muscles will come as a consequence
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
Triad wrote: If only if it was that simple.
More pressing matters are downing a liter of diet coke a day.
1 day when everything down to the last ingredient or macro counting screened to go in my body is in effect, I'll make the jump to this luxury form of protein. Oh and a salary increase.
Can't justify the cost for this currently.

I'll take the ~91.x% purity of myprotein, tested and true or the Costco that goes on sale which is as well the same quality as CP protein but for a lot cheaper.

Someone needs to send a protein sample of CP to have it tested for purity before i consider justifying paying an exorbitant amount for the same thing.
Costco and myprotein have been tested to have over 90% and are highly regarded already.

If the price of CP iso goes on sale then that will be enough to switch haha
I understand and yeah it makes sense. I cleaned my food first and then upgraded to this protein but currently I can afford it coz I am not spending money on anything else except good good + super pricey protein :D
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
Triad wrote: Someone needs to send a protein sample of CP to have it tested for purity before i consider justifying paying an exorbitant amount for the same thing.
There's third party testing of every single batch Canadian Protein produces (with the results available to the customer).
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
Sure. Here's a link to a test for Concentrate (only bag I have in my house) - https://www.canadianprotein.com/modules ... WCSTRW.pdf. Every bag has a QR code you can scan for the test results of that batch.

Edit: Post I was responding to was deleted, but for anyone that's curious about the testing I'll leave the info here.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
Deleted because I made no sense. Haha

So does that's mean it's 74.5% protein / 100?
Or the value of 98%?
What does the 2 values mean?
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
Triad wrote: Deleted because I made no sense. Haha

So does that's mean it's 74.5% protein / 100?
Or the value of 98%?
What does the 2 values mean?
From here: https://www.canadianprotein.com/third-party-testing

What do the tests mean?

Compound ID
The sample is analyzed and compared to a database of known standard reference materials and final product formulas. An algorithm determines the percent match of the unknown sample to a known compound or formula in the database.

Total Protein
This test determines the total protein content of an unknown sample.

Amino Spiking Analysis
This test determines if there are any suspicious amino acids or materials added to the formulas.

Microbio
Samples are tested for total aerobic count (TAC), yeast and mold (YM), E-coli (EC), salmonella (SAL), or staph A (SA).

Heavy Metal
Samples are tested for heavy metals capable of detecting concentrations as low as 0.02 parts per million.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
74.5/100g of protein that's. Less than 75% purity? Ouch, worst than myprotein and the Costco one.
mada41 wrote:
From here: https://www.canadianprotein.com/third-party-testing

What do the tests mean?

Compound ID
The sample is analyzed and compared to a database of known standard reference materials and final product formulas. An algorithm determines the percent match of the unknown sample to a known compound or formula in the database.

Total Protein
This test determines the total protein content of an unknown sample.

Amino Spiking Analysis
This test determines if there are any suspicious amino acids or materials added to the formulas.

Microbio
Samples are tested for total aerobic count (TAC), yeast and mold (YM), E-coli (EC), salmonella (SAL), or staph A (SA).

Heavy Metal
Samples are tested for heavy metals capable of detecting concentrations as low as 0.02 parts per million.
Perhaps it's a higher percentage with isolate?
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
Triad wrote: 74.5/100g of protein that's. Less than 75% purity? Ouch, worst than myprotein and the Costco one.
Perhaps it's a higher percentage with isolate?
The test is for concentrate... Myprotein's Impact Whey is 76g protein/100g (assuming it is what they advertise - do they provide 3rd party test results for every batch they sell?).
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
There's no real reason to jump ship especially it costing 11lb @ 56$ sometimes for myprotein but usually can be had for 75$ yearly.

Unless cprotein drops down to 70 or less which I don't see it happening hmm