Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Canada/US talk, text, data plan, 8.5GB 3G speed data in Canada, 2GB data in US, $60 per 30 days

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 4:17 pm
Jan 4, 2007
113 posts
33 upvotes
How do coverages work with PM? On freedom which just throttles.
Jul 21, 2019
136 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Username77 wrote: How do coverages work with PM? On freedom which just throttles.
No overage. Your data stops when you use all the monthly allowance.
You can either buy the data add-ons, which are pretty expensive ($10 for 200 MB or $30 for 1 GB). But upside is that they roll over month-to-month until completely used.
You could also contact a PM moderator to renew your plan early, but that messes with your monthly rewards.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11223 posts
10245 upvotes
ledasulu wrote: No overage. Your data stops when you use all the monthly allowance.
You can either buy the data add-ons, which are pretty expensive ($10 for 200 MB or $30 for 1 GB). But upside is that they roll over month-to-month until completely used.
You could also contact a PM moderator to renew your plan early, but that messes with your monthly rewards.
Yes. No reward if renew early by moderator for the same plan or online by changing plan as rewards are based on 30 days cycles.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2070 posts
3187 upvotes
embguy wrote: Yes. No reward if renew early by moderator for the same plan or online by changing plan as rewards are based on 30 days cycles.
Early renewal will indeed trigger reward payout. Rewards are based on paid plan cycles, and not by actual amount of time since the last payout . An imnediate change or immediate renewal will cause anything listed in the rewards section to be converted to usable balance. If you take a look into your account, you'll notice that refer-a-friend, autopay, and loyalty rewards don't change in the way that they are listed after each renewal.

The only catch for an earlier renewal or immediate plan change (aside from the remainder of the old plan period being lost), is the fact that those rewards don't get placed into the balance until that early renewal is done. This means that for the following renewal, there will be extra funds available when the next renewal's rewards get added.

Assuming a $0 account balance at the time of early renewal, full plan price would be charged. However, the following renewal will be less expensive than normal.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11223 posts
10245 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: Early renewal will indeed trigger reward payout. Rewards are based on paid plan cycles, and not by actual amount of time since the last payout . An imnediate change or immediate renewal will cause anything listed in the rewards section to be converted to usable balance. If you take a look into your account, you'll notice that refer-a-friend, autopay, and loyalty rewards don't change in the way that they are listed after each renewal.

The only catch for an earlier renewal or immediate plan change (aside from the remainder of the old plan period being lost), is the fact that those rewards don't get placed into the balance until that early renewal is done. This means that for the following renewal, there will be extra funds available when the next renewal's rewards get added.

Assuming a $0 account balance at the time of early renewal, full plan price would be charged. However, the following renewal will be less expensive than normal.
I don't understand what you are saying and confusing.

I did a plan change immediately once. My $2 autopay and $1 referral rewards was not used during the plan change early. I had to send private message to moderator twice. The first PM got the autopay reward back. The second PM got the referral reward back. Since then, I just avoid it.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2070 posts
3187 upvotes
embguy wrote: I don't understand what you are saying and confusing.

I did a plan change immediately once. My $2 autopay and $1 referral rewards was not used during the plan change early. I had to send private message to moderator twice. The first PM got the autopay reward back. The second PM got the referral reward back. Since then, I just avoid it.
The rewards weren't supposed be used for that early renewal. The rewards should have been automatically added to your account balance, but too late. This means that you would have been carrying extra balance.

When you renew early, you don't lose any rewards. It just takes longer to receive it. You don't get to use those rewards for that early renewal, but do do get double discounts for some of the reward types the next time.

Renewing early actually earns more rewards because you go through more plan payments.

The help pages also make specific mention of how there could be a 24 hour delay in receiving rewards after an early renewal. This is why there will an extra discount for the next renewal.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Aug 25th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11223 posts
10245 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: The rewards weren't supposed be used for that early renewal. The rewards should have been automatically added to your account balance, but too late. This means that you would have been carrying extra balance.

When you renew early, you don't lose any rewards. It just takes longer to receive it. You don't get to use those rewards for that early renewal, but do do get double discounts for some of the reward types the next time.
Yes. I have $52 available fund in my account to change from $10 plan to $40 plan. During the week waiting for moderator to add fund back to my account, my autopay and refer-a-friend rewards remained the same and never doubled.
Renewing early actually earns more rewards because you go through more plan payments.

The help pages also make specific mention of how there could be a 24 hour delay in receiving rewards after an early renewal. This is why there will an extra discount for the next renewal.
So, don't keep fund in my account if I want to renew early with moderator help. PM system will use my reward first, then autopay credit card. Am I correct?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2070 posts
3187 upvotes
embguy wrote: Yes. I have $52 available fund in my account to change from $10 plan to $40 plan. During the week waiting for moderator to add fund back to my account, my autopay and refer-a-friend rewards remained the same and never doubled.

So, don't keep fund in my account if I want to renew early with moderator help. PM system will use my reward first, then autopay credit card. Am I correct?
For a scheduled plan chnage, everything is supposed to proceed as normal.

For an immediate plan change, which I have done before, rewards get converted to balance only after you have finished paying for the plan. The reward won't get used at all until the next renewal. At the time of the next renewal, you will get rewards added to your balance again, except this time, the funds will be available before you are charged.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2070 posts
3187 upvotes
Today is the last day for this plan. If you've been holding off, be sure to sign up to this plan today by 11:59pm EDT.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Oct 10th, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11223 posts
10245 upvotes
Looking forward to new promo.