None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto

CanadaPost.ca down?!

Has anyone noticed CanadaPost's website down, or slow, all weekend? Our mail guy delivered mail today, and I know they're operational on family day. Is this a sign of protest for making them work on family day?
"signature removed for rule violations" <--- Hell ya, cause I'm a rule breaker! 😝
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
pete_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:01 pm
Has anyone noticed CanadaPost's website down, or slow, all weekend? Our mail guy delivered mail today, and I know they're operational on family day. Is this a sign of protest for making them work on family day?
LoL.. Serious?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5861 posts
32 upvotes
it's working now.. sorta. it works but it's like server crashing or something (i never seen this before). and ya i was checking over the weekend and gave up, as it was down at a point.

don't bother checking, if u are expecting an item. doesn't appear the deliveries are going out today or the tracking is slower than usual AND the delivery is later than usual as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
Exocet77 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:22 pm
LoL.. Serious?
lol no ;) i tried to make a funny, seemed to work :P
"signature removed for rule violations" <--- Hell ya, cause I'm a rule breaker! 😝
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2826 posts
263 upvotes
SAME HERE! I thought it was just my internet....I too am expecting mutiple deliveries...wierd.
BTW, if an parcel is too big to fit in my mailbox compartment, would they hand deliver it to me or make me pick it up. I used "Regular Parcel".
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
goJays wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:28 pm
it's working now.. sorta. it works but it's like server crashing or something (i never seen this before). and ya i was checking over the weekend and gave up, as it was down at a point.

don't bother checking, if u are expecting an item. doesn't appear the deliveries are going out today or the tracking is slower than usual AND the delivery is later than usual as well.
ya i'm expecting a few things, but i can wait for my packages - i just want to see where my packages are at the moment :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
RunOrDie wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:29 pm
SAME HERE! I thought it was just my internet....I too am expecting mutiple deliveries...wierd.
BTW, if an parcel is too big to fit in my mailbox compartment, would they hand deliver it to me or make me pick it up. I used "Regular Parcel".
live in a house? they'll just put it between your screen door (if you have one) or some other safe place.

i'm wondering how they leave big packages in condo's though. i'm moving into a condo soon and curious if they just leave a slip to pick up at a post office or leave the packages with security?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
woo got my tracking info

"2011/02/19 08:03 Order information received by Canada Post"

site seems working atm, for now :)

my package from china still seems to be in china though :( china is so slow and so far away :(
"posting CANADA Beijing International Airport 2011-02-17"
Jan 6, 2008
15 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
pete_rfd, if you move into a condo you'll get a notice to pick your package up (they'll try buzzing you first, though... at least usually).

I had a weird Canada Post thing this weekend as well - they delivered packages to me on Sunday! I had something that should have gone out on Friday (they processed it in Edmonton at 6:45 am), but wasn't delivered, and then later on Friday I had another package processed at the outlet. Both those were delivered on Sunday (both ExpressPost). I can't say I've EVER had a Sunday delivery from Canada post! It was very, very odd.

I had problems with the site all weekend, and this morning, but it appears to be back now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5861 posts
32 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:41 pm
woo got my tracking info

"2011/02/19 08:03 Order information received by Canada Post"

site seems working atm, for now :)

my package from china still seems to be in china though :( china is so slow and so far away :(
"posting CANADA Beijing International Airport 2011-02-17"

i have u beat..

2011/02/20 19:29 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2011/02/18 13:46 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
10:04 VANCOUVER Item processed at postal facility
06:14 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2011/02/16 19:50 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
13:49 International item mailed in origin country

i should receive it today, but no deliveries today i assume.. (also from china, not even beijing)
Jan 2, 2007
335 posts
27 upvotes
North Bay
pete_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:01 pm

Family Day is a provincial holiday.

Federal employee's are working today ;)

They may have to work today but im sure fridays are short. i never seem to get mail on fridays. ;) hehe...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
goJays wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 2:53 pm
i have u beat..

2011/02/20 19:29 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2011/02/18 13:46 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
10:04 VANCOUVER Item processed at postal facility
06:14 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2011/02/16 19:50 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
13:49 International item mailed in origin country

i should receive it today, but no deliveries today i assume.. (also from china, not even beijing)
less than a week?! my average these days from china is 3-4 weeks :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5861 posts
32 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 3:57 pm
less than a week?! my average these days from china is 3-4 weeks :(

ya this shipper is fast, it's EMS i think that they use on their end..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1217 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
boo it appears my package from china that was shipped over a week ago, is still in china lol man it's slow over there :(

departure from outward office of exchange 2011-02-24
arrival at transit office of exchange 2011-02-23
departure from transit office of exchange 2011-02-22
arrival at transit office of exchange 2011-02-22
posting 2011-02-17
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2011 1:35 pm
live in a house? they'll just put it between your screen door (if you have one) or some other safe place.

i'm wondering how they leave big packages in condo's though. i'm moving into a condo soon and curious if they just leave a slip to pick up at a post office or leave the packages with security?

They would try calling you at your line, if you're not there to pick it up they would card it.

As for leaving it with security, it depends on the carrier/station & security.

One building I delivered to, I would leave all items with security. It for the most part is against CPC policy, but certain Carriers, Supervisors & others know what kind of inconvienece that can be, and how leaving it with security makes things easier.

In the future, physically write on your address label "PLEASE LEAVE WITH SECURITY/CONCIERGE"