[canadapost.ca] RCM 1oz silver coin - Cougar, Pouncing in Snow

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 5:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
215 posts
106 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks LD, for taking the time to write what I was too lazy to do.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1656 posts
333 upvotes
Vancouver
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 5:51 pm
Sure. I'll also be happy to serve you a bottle of Baby Duck when you ask for Dom Perignon next time you're in.

I guess the "For coin collectors ..." which I used to start the OP should have been in BOLD RED letters and announced with a fog horn?? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
dude, if people dont like your deal dont take it personal. And you gave a terrible analogy - the only main difference is mintage in our case. Its the exact same material - so try to sell me a limited bottle design Dom for 275 or ill take the regular one for 100 please.

These limited coin deals are never popular in hot deals, even the 20/20's get flak and at least you get cash value ... better off posting it in the numis thread.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
215 posts
106 upvotes
Burnaby
kaycee8877 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:31 pm
dude, if people dont like your deal dont take it personal. And you gave a terrible analogy - the only main difference is mintage in our case. Its the exact same material - so try to sell me a limited bottle design Dom for 275 or ill take the regular one for 100 please.

These limited coin deals are never popular in hot deals, even the 20/20's get flak and at least you get cash value ... better off posting it in the numis thread.
Dude, I don't take it personally -- just pointing out the illogic people are spouting. You don't like the champagne analogy, substitute apples and oranges - saying 'A' is overpriced because product 'B' with a completely different function is cheaper makes no sense whatsoever. As LD said above, 40% is a hot deal *for those interested* -- no need to threadcrap because *you* are not interested.
Nov 24, 2011
112 posts
10 upvotes
INNISFIL
I agree with the others. You can get 1oz silver maple leaf coins on ebay for $35 although they are a higher mintage. Spending 70 on a coin is not really worth it when the metal value is $22.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29061 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:54 pm
Dude, I don't take it personally -- just pointing out the illogic people are spouting. You don't like the champagne analogy, substitute apples and oranges - saying 'A' is overpriced because product 'B' with a completely different function is cheaper makes no sense whatsoever. As LD said above, 40% is a hot deal *for those interested* -- no need to threadcrap because *you* are not interested.
Just making people aware that they're not going to get rich buying these things. You could end up being like that guy at the garage sale in 1992 trying to sell his hundreds of Olympic silver coins for pennies on the face value (had he waited he could have gotten face value at least because of the silver content).
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Dec 13, 2004
473 posts
17 upvotes
Any discount off numismatic coins are always good to know. Yes, those that are into turning a profit should probably stay away from collector's coins and stick to your bullion.

I wish I got those Star Wars coins at a discount! There's more than just the cougar on sale. Here's the link to the entire sale:

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/coin-sal ... ution=e1s1
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15654 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 4:44 pm
LOL, this is a tough crowd. 2 downvotes for "Not a good price" but not a peep on where you can get it for anywhere near this price, let alone cheaper. (Sure, LD above pointed out the ebay sale, but nothing is on offer now.)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2014-20-Fine-Sil ... SwDZtZ0pXQ
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Apr 14, 2015
97 posts
26 upvotes
Weyburn, SK
kopokipi wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:37 pm
silver is $17 per ounce, no deal here
Wrong on two counts. Silver is US$17/oz or C$21/oz. And these are collector coins, and they carry collector value, not bullion value.

Buy if you want it.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3015 posts
664 upvotes
Montreal
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:54 pm
That's a good point, but does not apply unless you can explain how the function of this coin is different from the others posted. It's certainly not obvious to me. 40% off something is usually hot, but not always. Take Canadian Tire, for example!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13439 posts
3344 upvotes
Toronto
GT!! wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:32 pm
40% off something is usually hot, but not always. Take Canadian Tire, for example!
excellent example Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts