None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7022 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver

Canadapost delivers parcels Sunday?

My tracking number states my parcel is "out for delivery" today Sunday. Has anyone had a parcel delivered by Canadapost on a Sunday?

I think it means the parcel is on its way tomorrow Monday.

Any help is appreciated.
71 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4069 posts
139 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2008 11:10 am
I think it means the parcel is on its way tomorrow Monday.
Personally I have never received anything via Canada Post on Sunday's.
I think if I were to drive by the main Canada Post building here I would find all the trucks parked outside... so yes I think you are right in thinking that it just means it will be out for delivery on Monday
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1867 posts
80 upvotes
I saw them doing delivering on Saturday once or twice before (not to me). Maybe some super express stuff, I guess.
Feb 18, 2007
318 posts
13 upvotes
416 Land
Not any kind of delivery on Sundays...

Saturdays you will see the CP trucks out there doing pickups or parcels...
Your parcel/item will most likely be coming on the Monday or Tuesday.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7793 posts
3665 upvotes
We can only wish CP worked around the clock like USPS ....
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13478 posts
705 upvotes
ipxxx wrote:
Sep 7th, 2008 11:20 am
Personally I have never received anything via Canada Post on Sunday's.
Personally I've never received anything via Canada post on time...

Priority Courier = Next Business Day AM Guaranteed
Really = maybe sometime the next day, but definitely not AM
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9760 posts
483 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I've received packages from Canada Post on Sundays a few times before. I was surprised, too, as I didn't know they delivered on Sundays. Maybe they do it if they're bogged down or something ... or for some special reason.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1765 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
lol, you're lucky they're even delivering anything. The mailman for my place is so lazy, he doesn't bother and just sticks one of those notices in my mailbox. I've had to pick up ALL of my parcels from the post office. I get things in the mail quite often too, so it's a pain.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9760 posts
483 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> The mailman for my place is so lazy, he doesn't bother and just sticks one of those notices in my mailbox. I've had to pick up ALL of my parcels from the post office.

I think the person who delivers the parcels to my house must be nice or something. I used to always get those notices because no one was home. S/He must have figured out what's a good time to deliver to me now because I haven't had to do a pick up for awhile (knock on wood). Maybe s/he lives near me.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that I got something delivered on a Sunday when it wasn't Xmas season.
Apr 9, 2006
69 posts
16 upvotes
Most of the time Canada Post subcontracts their parcel delivery service.
Parcels are sorted after they get off the truck, usually early in the morning. They are scanned by the person delivering them, just before or as they are loading them onto their van or truck. Then you change a setting on the scanning thing. They are scanned again when delivered to the customer. All the info is then uploaded(downloaded whatever lol) into their system at the end of the day. This is why it takes forever to see an update on the Canada Post track a package website

There are however certain standards for delivery. Expresspost and Priority Courier must be scanned and delivered before 12 noon. The easy way around that for us was to scan and card it lol
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
I know this is an old thread but I just saw the Canada Post mailman in full uniform and Canada Post truck delivering mail through my neighbourhood on a Sunday afternoon at 2PM.. Is there some kind of special holiday schedule? I have never seen this before
Dec 2, 2007
167 posts
6 upvotes
Parcels are usually delivered on Sundays during the final couple of weeks prior to Christmas...
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20354 posts
1591 upvotes
All carriers are well behind in delivery. UPS, CanPost and DHL have made either Sat or Sun deliveries this weekend.
Aug 22, 2003
15539 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Kasakato wrote:
Dec 16th, 2012 4:48 pm
All carriers are well behind in delivery. UPS, CanPost and DHL have made either Sat or Sun deliveries this weekend.
Really? I had a parcel sent cross country that was deliverd days ahead of scheduled delivery. Delivered on Thurs and not scheduled to arrive till the 20th. I was actually impressed with CP for once! :)
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
× < >