Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 9, 2012
21 posts
40 upvotes

Canada's Cheapest Mobile Data Plan "20 GB for $100 for Whole One Year"

Deal Link:
Here is my secret discovery of the cheapest mobile data plan from Rogers network which is good to use in entire canada without roaming fees and any 911 monthly charges. They are starting 4G service. You can use FONGO for free calling and TEXT PLUS for free SMS or SKYPE for both paid services with the mobile data.

1. Call their Toll Free phone number at :
http://www.lakeheadcommunications.com/
to order the prepaid TBay Tel sim by mail (ofcourse you don't want to drive to Thunder Bay). Tell him that you will use it on your own unlocked smart phone.

2. Call TBay Tel Customer service toll free phone number at :
http://www.tbaytel.net/personal/mobilit ... ationplans
to activate this sim on prepaid plan and ask them to completely block the SMS and Voice Mail on this account. Just leave it for Data only. Ask your phone number and online password.

3. Goto your online account at :
https://prepaid.tbaytel.net/mhspaprepaid/login.aspx
and login into your account to purchase prepaid credit and activate it on Data plan. There are many options and different expiry dates on each purchase amount. Make sure to plan ahead which option you want to take before buying prepaid credit because you are not using left over amount for any other services i.e. Talking or Texting which will be roaming outside of Thunderbay area. I like to buy $100 for 20 GB Data which is cheapestand good for 365 days.

Your local phone number can be ported in to FPL easily to use only VOIP for calling. Use Text plus for texting free unlimited. It comes out $9 per month fully loaded mobile service.
316 replies
Dec 19, 2011
525 posts
143 upvotes
Good for a tablet. Great find if this is legit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6544 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
Well, OP is saying you can get the SIMs again through the first link. Where as the original post, all methods of getting the SIMs have been dried out and you had to coordinate with a RFD member who is reselling and only meets at downtown TO. If OPs method works, I'd be interested.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1128 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
How much does step #1 cost, with shipping to Ontario?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1672 upvotes
This has been around forever. Probably found it through RFD about the TBell Cell Deal lol. Or you are a shill for lakehead selling cards, but i would actually appreciate it if you were doing that and rather you come outfront!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1672 upvotes
mrinterested wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 1:58 pm
Yeah, this is all you needed to post ^_^ lol
Nov 26, 2014
262 posts
48 upvotes
Quebec
Where does it say I can use that in all Canada without roaming fees ? I am in Quebec, if I can pay 100$ for 20 GB to use anywhere in Canada i'm buying it right now.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2012
21 posts
40 upvotes
I have no affiliation with either of these companies by the way !
Apr 21, 2009
845 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing deal. Cell phone service for $100/year.

I hope Fongo is reliable on Android. Really tempted to try this.

I currently pay $35/m for Wind.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2012
21 posts
40 upvotes
He was asking 30 but as a RFDR I paid only $25 + Hst to him by CC. It arrived in five business days by regular mail. This is the only shop I found who agreed to ship the sim card after calling a dozen dealers of Tbay.
mrinterested wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 1:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1672 upvotes
TorontoDeal wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 2:12 pm
He was asking 30 but as a RFDR I paid only $25 + Hst to him by CC. It arrived in five business days by regular mail. This is the only shop I found who agreed to ship the sim card after calling a dozen dealers of Tbay.
I have no affiliation with either of these companies by the way !
Would you be interested in ordering a bunch and profiting? The other guy charges $60 and wants you to wait weeks. Id be down to give you $40 in person. I assume many people would as well. Hate waiting on a sim in the mail, not sure if i trust it. Also dont like providing cc over the phone to some rando phone company.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1672 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 2:13 pm
Amazing deal. Cell phone service for $100/year.

I hope Fongo is reliable on Android. Really tempted to try this.

I currently pay $35/m for Wind.
you should do the mobi flip for now even with this deal possibility, $30-40 at most out of pocket for the 6 mo free wind 35. unless you dont want to lose I35 (im sure you can re-retention it).