Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Canada's Cheapest Mobile Data Plan "20 GB for $100 for Whole One Year"

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2016 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
Financials wrote: you should do the mobi flip for now even with this deal possibility, $30-40 at most out of pocket for the 6 mo free wind 35. unless you dont want to lose I35 (im sure you can re-retention it).
Can you please explain how that would work. If I port my current Wind number to Mobi and port it back in, it wont work as I read somewhere that your number couldn't have been with wind within the last 30 days.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
TorontoDeal wrote: He was asking 30 but as a RFDR I paid only $25 + Hst to him by CC. It arrived in five business days by regular mail. This is the only shop I found who agreed to ship the sim card after calling a dozen dealers of Tbay.
When I phone the 1800 number I mention I'm a RDF'r and they will give me a 5$ discount on the sim and shipping?
Oct 9, 2012
25 posts
40 upvotes
andyman3000 wrote: +1 would definitely be interested in group buy
Don't think of group buy or re-selling bcuz the sim dealter will only ship it if you register the account with him on phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2287 upvotes
BC
ID01 wrote: Does he ship out of province?

+1 will this work for us out west?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
Read some reviews about Fongo, and a lot of ppl claim that the voice quality is choppy even over the Big 3's LTE networks.
:S
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
alphyc wrote: Called the toll free number. Guy said the sim costs $25 so with taxes $28.25 and shipping another $10-$12 so looking at around ~$45 for 1 sim shipped to Mississauga.

Would definitely be down for group buy
So it's $145 as a final total cost. Who is going to organize a group buy?
Banned
Sep 25, 2011
129 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Travelling Within Canada
When travelling in Canada, you will not incur roaming charges as long you remain connected to the Tbaytel or Rogers network (airtime and long distance charges apply).
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote: Read some reviews about Fongo, and a lot of ppl claim that the voice quality is choppy even over the Big 3's LTE networks.
True, forget trying to run voip on their network. Depending on where you are, the results can be unreliable and inconsistent.
Banned
Sep 25, 2011
129 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: +1 will this work for us out west?
Travelling Within Canada
When travelling in Canada, you will not incur roaming charges as long you remain connected to the Tbaytel or Rogers network (airtime and long distance charges apply).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
I'm in for a group buy.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
I guess that was the whole problem before. No way to get SIMs without physically being in TBay. I wonder why retailers there don't want to sell them out of city? Could it be TBayTel restricts that and they haven't banned this guy?

Also, where does it say on the TBayTel website that data is not charged roaming. It does say '1¢/100KB or data plan' on this page, so I would assume no roaming but it doesn't specifically say that.

http://www.tbaytel.net/personal/mobilit ... ationplans

If you install Google Voice/Google Hangouts then you can send a receive text and voice in the same app in US or Canada for free (just uses data), but you have to be in the US to initialize that service (or VPN your way there). Magicjack is also another option for free calling (but it's only calling out unless the other party has magicjack and has your magicjack number).

I'm sticking with my grandfathered Virgin $45 no-contract 6GB Unlimited Canada Voice + WW Txt/Pic/Vid plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
OP already specified that there are no group buy. You have to registers the sim under your name on the phone with them before they mail it out.

I guess I will call them and ask if they will mail it anywhere in Canada.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1708 posts
334 upvotes
+1 for group buy
however, cant they just ship it out in letter mail?
Nov 23, 2013
272 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Is there any way I could locally buy these for you guys here? And ship it to you folks? I used to be against this, but F. Uck it... If I can make it easier for you guys.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Read some reviews about Fongo, and a lot of ppl claim that the voice quality is choppy even over the Big 3's LTE networks.
Voice is not very reliable. It does have some delay and it really only works when you have 4 bars. At 3 and lower the other party might not hear you (although you always hear them good even at 1 bar).
If voice is important to you, stick to a normal voice plan. If you just use voice occasionally with family or friends, I recommend Fongo. The savings are very significative, and you can just text them if you are in a bad area :P
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
OP can you update your original post with the TOTAL cost of the SIM (sim plus shipping) to help people compare pricing. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
catalan26 wrote: Is there any way I could locally buy these for you guys here? And ship it to you folks? I used to be against this, but F. Uck it... If I can make it easier for you guys.
id be willing to bulk buy through you and give you the profits for an rfd group buy - but it would need to be a escrow or CoD payment i guess, if im buying like 10-20 sim cards thatll be $400-800 cash just saying im not ordering these for myself lol, id risk $40 but nothing more).
Nov 23, 2013
272 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Financials wrote: id be willing to bulk buy through you and give you the profits for an rfd group buy - but it would need to be a escrow or CoD payment i guess, if im buying like 10-20 sim cards thatll be $400-800 cash just saying im not ordering these for myself lol, id risk $40 but nothing more).
If enough people had interest in doing this, I may. I have a pretty good relationship with the tbaytel guys from when I used to buy a new cell phone every 3 months our of boredom Lol. Pm me, let me know.
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
233 upvotes
How does fongo work? I can use my phone number and data plan and this app to text?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)