• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2008 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 23, 2007
3 posts
Ontario

Canada's Wonderland Season Pass Tickets - current Scam & Fraud

Canada's Wonderland is a fun place, we are looking forward to going even though we just fell for this scam. We were looking for a deal and ended up paying double for tickets instead. We're hoping this will bring awareness to other families out there considering buying tickets for Wonderland this year. We've not seen this mentioned anywhere and wonder why the secrecy ? We all need to do our share to keep the bad apples from ruining the whole pie.

Be aware for 2007, there's scam & fraud going on with Canada's Wonderland Season Tickets (not sure if it affects other types of wonderland tickets). Consider buying your tickets at a reputable seller or Wonderland themselves.

:!: Tickets are purchased at Wonderland using stolen credit card(s). Wonderland issues the tickets, so these are real authentic tickets. The tickets are then sold to innocent buyers. When the buyer takes the ticket back to Wonderland to get their picture taken for the season pass, the ticket comes up as not valid. The stolen credit card has been reported and Wonderland flags the ticket #(s) in their system as not valid. This is a humiliating and embassassing situation where you are now caught in between a fraud investigation.

Hope this was helpful !
19 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3017 posts
101 upvotes
cando778 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2007 1:54 pm
Canada's Wonderland is a fun place, we are looking forward to going even though we just fell for this scam. We were looking for a deal and ended up paying double for tickets instead. We're hoping this will bring awareness to other families out there considering buying tickets for Wonderland this year. We've not seen this mentioned anywhere and wonder why the secrecy ? We all need to do our share to keep the bad apples from ruining the whole pie.

Be aware for 2007, there's scam & fraud going on with Canada's Wonderland Season Tickets (not sure if it affects other types of wonderland tickets). Consider buying your tickets at a reputable seller or Wonderland themselves.

:!: Tickets are purchased at Wonderland using stolen credit card(s). Wonderland issues the tickets, so these are real authentic tickets. The tickets are then sold to innocent buyers. When the buyer takes the ticket back to Wonderland to get their picture taken for the season pass, the ticket comes up as not valid. The stolen credit card has been reported and Wonderland flags the ticket #(s) in their system as not valid. This is a humiliating and embassassing situation where you are now caught in between a fraud investigation.

Hope this was helpful !

Innocent buyers ? :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
18658 posts
680 upvotes
cando778 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2007 1:54 pm
Tickets are purchased at Wonderland using stolen credit card(s). Wonderland issues the tickets, so these are real authentic tickets. The tickets are then sold to innocent buyers. When the buyer takes the ticket back to Wonderland to get their picture taken for the season pass, the ticket comes up as not valid. The stolen credit card has been reported and Wonderland flags the ticket #(s) in their system as not valid.
Just curious ... How/where did those "innocent buyers" purchase their tickets ?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2002
1304 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
willy wrote:
Jun 24th, 2007 2:10 pm
Just curious ... How/where did those "innocent buyers" purchase their tickets ?
I used to work at Wonderland and have seen many people get caught. Most of the time the people say they bought tickets from "some guy on the street" or something. Usually, an indication would be that the tickets are something like 70% off the regular Wonderland price.

What happens is that someone buys tickets online using a stolen credit card and prints them out. The tickets at this point are valid. However, by the time he sells them to you, and then you go to the park, the credit card gets flagged stolen in the Wonderland database, and all tickets associated with that credit card and nullified. Even if you get your picture taken, I am almost sure you will be stopped within a short period of time.

What happens when they stop you is that a senior security guard would talk to you, take your statement and maybe write down your official information. I don't think there's much repercussion to you.

Oh, and you don't get the ticket back.
May 19, 2005
42 posts
I checked wonderland's website and they show some rides which are not free for season pass holder or ticket holders but they do not bother to tell u that on their website instead of that they give coverage to these rides as wonderland's own rides.

These rides include Extreme Sky Flyer (15$ per person), Launch Pad ( 6$/person), Speed city ( Car driving 7$ / person) and there can be more than that.

I like going to wonderland but i feel being cheated when I have to pay for these rides.

Have fun.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8597 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
zoomboom wrote:
Jun 24th, 2007 2:25 pm
I checked wonderland's website and they show some rides which are not free for season pass holder or ticket holders but they do not bother to tell u that on their website instead of that they give coverage to these rides as wonderland's own rides.

These rides include Extreme Sky Flyer (15$ per person), Launch Pad ( 6$/person), Speed city ( Car driving 7$ / person) and there can be more than that.

I like going to wonderland but i feel being cheated when I have to pay for these rides.

Have fun.
these have never been free.

and its not so much a 'ride' as a 'special' event.

these happen at 'every park'.

Its just the same as 'face painting'..getting a temp tattoo. you can't expect EVERYTHING to be included in a seasons pass
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7370 posts
680 upvotes
zoomboom wrote:
Jun 24th, 2007 2:25 pm

Have fun.
Bahahaha, if these weren't paid rides the line-ups would be enormous.

Stolen credit cards were a problem for wonderland passes last season, and I was caught up in it. The seller was infamous_seller who has now been banned.

I'd be wary of buying any seasons passes off another member, because the only way they come cheaper is through an employee discount (and you only get 4). There's one member who is currently selling them at a discount and sells about 10 at a time... so... add it up.

If you get your picture before it's reported you'll be okay, but you never know how fast they'll report.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18081 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
HBP wrote:
Jun 27th, 2007 10:52 am
If you get your picture before it's reported you'll be okay, but you never know how fast they'll report.
Either way, it's NEVER a good idea to support scammers. Whether you get away with it or not. :evil:
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1673 posts
30 upvotes
duonguyen wrote:
Sep 16th, 2007 10:28 pm
I got scammed...
By whom and how...plz elaborate so that it hepls fellow RFDers.
May 28, 2008
1 posts
St.Catharines
Hey All!!

Try Sobey's on the Corporate ID, they're $32.00 each!!
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6898 posts
259 upvotes
oh man.. this happened to me last yr.

I found a guy who sold them pretty cheap.. bought for me dn the gf.

Worked, got in, got my pic taken and everything.. then the brilliant idea of reselling these came.

I sold maybe 20.. 2months later every1's card was flagged. I had to refund some ppl's money.. and the supplier had dissapeared.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI
EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX
Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
× < >