Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Canadian International Auto Show - $16 Adult Tickets Any Day

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2009 12:34 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26211 posts
39769 upvotes
Toronto

Canadian International Auto Show - $16 Adult Tickets Any Day

Canadian International Auto Show - $16 Adult Tickets Valid Any Day. No service charge/tax. $16 flat.

Available from the Concierge at First Canadian Place. Details here.

Anyone can take advantage of the Concierge service, you don't have to work there. Also, unlike a lot of the newspaper coupons, these passes are good even on weekends.
82 replies
Aug 22, 2007
218 posts
25 upvotes
London ON
There's a lot of decent deals in here... can anyone take advantage of the coincierge services, or do you have to be working at the First Canadian Place?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I kind of find this funny... I am not sure how extravagant the Canadian International Auto show is, but the US one, that I have attended in Detroit, is an all out advertising and show off festival... and in these times, when we have auto makers begging the government for hand outs... they have the audicity to turn around and spend millions on these shows. I don't think it is about advertising either, because, honestly, I can attend any auto lot to "shop" for the car I want, I don't need to pay an admission fee either. When I attended, yes, it was for one reason, to see which models they were showing off, and to see the Concept vehicles... okay, and the models... Should the government, who is providing relief to these companies not step in and dictate how that money is spent?

Anyhow, on another note, if you go the shows website you can also get tickets for $18 online.
Dec 31, 2006
366 posts
235 upvotes
How much is the service charge?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
The Toronto Sun on the weekend had an full page pullout with a huge $5 off coupon.

So $15 when you go.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
I wonder if it's worthwhile to go this year with all the cut backs.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
1152 posts
72 upvotes
golden wrote: I wonder if it's worthwhile to go this year with all the cut backs.
Well some of us have to return the lemon we leased for the last three years....

And some of us are also hoping that cut backs might mean some price slashing...

*crosses fingers*
Well, here is what I think...
POST Deleted... Reason: irrelevant
Banned
Aug 30, 2004
958 posts
35 upvotes
Free tickets are easy to come by this year.

Go the RFD way free.
Jul 15, 2008
507 posts
20 upvotes
superdsi wrote: Free tickets are easy to come by this year.

Go the RFD way free.
Please enlighten us :confused:
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
psweitzer wrote: Well some of us have to return the lemon we leased for the last three years....

And some of us are also hoping that cut backs might mean some price slashing...

*crosses fingers*
Price slashing at the event? Wouldn't it be easier to negotiate in an office, one on one?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2898 posts
5 upvotes
superdsi wrote: Free tickets are easy to come by this year.

Go the RFD way free.
Free? Where/How? :)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Jon Lai wrote: Remind me again why we should pay to visit an advertising propaganda event?
Is someone forcing you to go?

I get free passes every year (gave a couple away to a fellow RFDer last year) so I'll go again, if only to practice my photography with my new camera. I wonder how busy it'll be and how stripped down the displays will be compared to previous years.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I am surprised they are selling even at $16.. I am sure attendance will be down and exhibitors will be fewer and smaller.

This is probably the first year I will not be going in a while. I like going but I bought a car last year and when you add up tickets, food, parking etc., it's a pretty expensive outing.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2884 posts
1573 upvotes
toronto
for $15 its not really worth going and all the cut backs and low budget
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Talamasca wrote: Is someone forcing you to go?

I get free passes every year (gave a couple away to a fellow RFDer last year) so I'll go again, if only to practice my photography with my new camera. I wonder how busy it'll be and how stripped down the displays will be compared to previous years.
I didn't say I was forced to go.

My intentions were shows like this should be free or minimal cost. It's basically a chance for the companies to show off their cars, so why should customers pay to be advertised to? You don't pay to go to the showroom to look at cars.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
1152 posts
72 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Price slashing at the event? Wouldn't it be easier to negotiate in an office, one on one?
No I meant I was hoping there will be more price cutsin general...

I am just going to the show to sit in a few, take some pics and narrow down the list...

+1 on how do you score some free tickets?!?!?!
Well, here is what I think...
POST Deleted... Reason: irrelevant
Jun 4, 2007
144 posts
6 upvotes
Beamsville
jackass_ca wrote: I kind of find this funny... I am not sure how extravagant the Canadian International Auto show is, but the US one, that I have attended in Detroit, is an all out advertising and show off festival... and in these times, when we have auto makers begging the government for hand outs... they have the audicity to turn around and spend millions on these shows.
The Canadian autoshow is a little different from the US ones. It's presented by the Toronto Area Dealers Association, not the manufacturers.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
doggydoo wrote: The Canadian autoshow is a little different from the US ones. It's presented by the Toronto Area Dealers Association, not the manufacturers.
Yes, it is presented by, however, the manufacturers still have their own displays, talent, etc? Do they not, or does the TADA basically go to the manufacturers and bring the cars to the show, basically put them on display, with no fancy lighting, music, backdrops? Even though they put it on and sponsor it, I think the manufacturers still push their own product, otherwise, a show like this is of no use to their retail end... they can't make their product stand out above the rest.
The US show is sponsored by and put on by other agencies, but the manufacturers are the ones paying for the advertising space and time. For instance, when it is in Detroit, it is the Detroit Dealers association that bring the show in, but the manufacturers pay for their own displays. They then move on to other shows in Chicago, New York, LA... each with a different host and sponsorship.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)