[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1743 posts
540 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC

Canadian ISIS member held in Syria.

://globalnews.ca/news/4526514/canadian-isis-caught-in-turkey/

Ottawa/ RCMP are not sure how to handle him if he comes home.
...the RCMP struggling to bring charges against Canadians who have taken part in overseas terror groups, there is no guarantee Ali would face arrest upon his return.

This guy was definitely a strong supporter of ISIS:
He spoke about playing soccer with severed heads, wrote that homosexuals “should be killed” and posted ISIS’s incitement lines, such as: “Kill the disbeliever whether he is civilian of military.”
Following the deadly October 2014 terror attacks that killed Canadian soldiers in Quebec and Ottawa, he wrote, “First Ottawa, then Quebec. Strike them, just as they strike your brothers and sisters.”
“If you are unable to make hijra [travel abroad], know that you have permission to strike them in their lands. Kill a kaffir [non-believer] and secure you [sic] place in Jannah [heaven],” another post read.

Those holding him had better treat him nice, if not, there could be a cheque waiting for him at home.

Honestly though, I don't have a lot of faith in our government as to how they will handle this.
Last edited by poleman on Oct 8th, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diversity is Our Burden
35 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9314 posts
3703 upvotes
Toronto
but Trudeau knows how to handle him like he handled all the refugees.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6131 posts
736 upvotes
Toronto
I hope JT has the good sense not to send him to the US for torture.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1470 posts
828 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
toalan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 6:27 pm
Are you kidding? He will be getting a hero's welcome if he returns! Trudeau will see to this.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17855 posts
1458 upvotes
Niagara Falls
poleman wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 6:21 pm

Those holding him had better treat him nice, if not, That a could be a cheque waiting for him at home.
Omar wasn't paid out because he was treated poorly abroad, he was paid out because Canada was complicit in his torture, but I'm sure you knew that already.
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 6:23 pm
but Trudeau knows how to handle him like he handled all the refugees.
What exactly are you attempting to claim here?
Dec 26, 2005
147 posts
8 upvotes
toalan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 6:27 pm
I hope he "falls" out of the plane on the flight over.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6131 posts
736 upvotes
Toronto
You guys do not blame harper, the guy who sends people away for torture, you do not blame him to putting canada into that sh*tty of a moral space. But you blame JT because he did the only thing that was reasonable, he settled and threw money at the problem. He used money to solve the problem created by Harper.

We do not torture, and if the government screws up and does torture then the government will give a payout for settlement. That is totally reasonable, the way this society should be. Thank god, money can solve so many problems including torture.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
4465 posts
221 upvotes
Not sure how to deal with this Canadian ISIS member, but in order to address this issue in the future, perhaps Canada should have stricter laws about Canadians fighting in foreign armies/terrorists groups so it is easier to punish them if they choose to come home, or even strip them of their citizenship (although there may be complications if it leaves them stateless). Basically, all Canadians who feel the need to get involved in arms conflicts abroad should understand that they can't do whatever they feel like abroad and come home afterwards without facing consequences.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17855 posts
1458 upvotes
Niagara Falls
toalan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 7:10 pm
You guys do not blame harper, the guy who sends people away for torture, you do not blame him to putting canada into that sh*tty of a moral space. But you blame JT because he did the only thing that was reasonable, he settled and threw money at the problem. He used money to solve the problem created by Harper.

We do not torture, and if the government screws up and does torture then the government will give a payout for settlement. That is totally reasonable, the way this society should be. Thank god, money can solve so many problems including torture.

To be fair, the problem started with the Liberals, Harper's government had a role in refusing to being Omar back to Canada and put him on trial here even when the U.S. asked Canada to take Omar back, but the interigation with no council while Omar had knowingly been tortured by U.S. forces was done under a Liberal Government.
Mar 10, 2018
451 posts
23 upvotes
Happy Thanks giving everyone.
I am thankful to all those Canadian politicians who support such people involved in terrorism and activities. Bring them home and help them to resettle in Canadian society. I am thankful to all those party supporters who support such politicians and keep them in power.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17855 posts
1458 upvotes
Niagara Falls
CheapScotch wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 7:22 pm
Not sure how to deal with this Canadian ISIS member, but in order to address this issue in the future, perhaps Canada should have stricter laws about Canadians fighting in foreign armies/terrorists groups so it is easier to punish them if they choose to come home, or even strip them of their citizenship (although there may be complications if it leaves them stateless). Basically, all Canadians who feel the need to get involved in arms conflicts abroad should understand that they can't do whatever they feel like abroad and come home afterwards without facing consequences.
I'm not sure that Canada doesn't already have an appropriate law that could be used, the issue is the lack of credible evidence. I think better way to help solve the problem would be more funding for CSIS and the RCMP.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6131 posts
736 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 7:28 pm
To be fair, the problem started with the Liberals, Harper's government had a role in refusing to being Omar back to Canada and put him on trial here even when the U.S. asked Canada to take Omar back, but the interigation with no council while Omar had knowingly been tortured by U.S. forces was done under a Liberal Government.
ok, my bad.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5187 posts
2017 upvotes
I just hope that PM Dressup welcomes him at the airport with a nice warm blanket and great big cheque to compensate him for how misunderstood he has been. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17855 posts
1458 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Conquistador wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 12:17 am
I just hope that PM Dressup welcomes him at the airport with a nice warm blanket and great big cheque to compensate him for how misunderstood he has been. :facepalm:
What gives you the impression that would occur?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7115 posts
240 upvotes
Conquistador wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 12:17 am
Photo ops in the Prime Minister's Office for all returning ISIS fighters!