• Jan 16th, 2015 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 4, 2009
218 posts
3 upvotes
tiggrrrrr75 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 12:55 pm
Java-U in Montreal are the Canadian distributors for Green Mountain Coffee k-cups. They carry ALL varieties that you see on Green Mountain's website, including Green Mountain, Newmans Own and I believe Caribou. Pricing is about $16 a box for 24 kcups.
You can order thru their head office for local delivery or pick-up; I did ask and they will ship across Canada; you will need to pay for shipping. For some reason, they do not sell these in their cafe's (but they should!).

www.java-u.com
514-341-8818 x 23
RMC Beverage also sells all the varieties of Green Mountain and Tulley's. Plus, they also carry the full line of Coffee People selections and some select Diedrich and Gloria Jeans ones. 4 boxes gets you free shipping. Its great to have an alternative to Timothy's and Van Houtte. With Green Mountain's purchase of Timothy's we will probably see some more GM and Tulley branded coffees in Canada.
May 19, 2005
261 posts
Toronto
I was wondering if anyone knows which K Cup coffee has the most caffine in it?
TY
Daydreaming about the food in Richmond, B.c.. I miss that place :) :cry:
Feb 4, 2009
218 posts
3 upvotes
Ms G wrote:
Dec 21st, 2009 4:22 pm
I was wondering if anyone knows which K Cup coffee has the most caffine in it?
TY
That's a tough one to answer. Lighter roasted coffees generally have more caffeine than darker roasted ones. K-Cups labeled at "bold" or "extra bold" have approx. 20% more coffee grinds than regular K-Cups. So, I would presume that any medium or lighter roasted coffee labeled as "extra bold" would have more caffeine.

Green Mountain's New Donut House coffee is the only Extra Bold Light Roast made for the Keurig. http://www.rmcbeverage.com/kcups.html#signature

I would do a search of Keurig's website for Extra Bold medium roasts and then track them down in Canada.
[OP]
Jul 11, 2005
50 posts
7 upvotes
Found this place posted in the deals section and thought I'd add it here. Thanks to danno 567 for posting.

http://www.singlecup.ca/store/

Looks like a good selection of k-cups and good prices for the brewers (especially the B-70 for 159.99) Free shipping on orders over $45 according to the website.
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
Does anyone know a B&M store in Quebec City that has a good selection of these K-Cups??

I know FS, Sears, etc., but I'd like to some a place where I could get the flavoured ones, such as the new candy cane one.

Thanks!
Feb 4, 2009
218 posts
3 upvotes
cayouche wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2009 10:16 pm
Does anyone know a B&M store in Quebec City that has a good selection of these K-Cups??

I know FS, Sears, etc., but I'd like to some a place where I could get the flavoured ones, such as the new candy cane one.

Thanks!
The Metro grocery chain sells Van Houtte K-Cups but I would be surprised if they had Candy Cane. I have seen French Vanilla in the Metro stores in Ontario.

What about the Van Houtte Cafe locations? Do they sell boxes of K-Cups?
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
bltman wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2009 9:16 am
The Metro grocery chain sells Van Houtte K-Cups but I would be surprised if they had Candy Cane. I have seen French Vanilla in the Metro stores in Ontario.

What about the Van Houtte Cafe locations? Do they sell boxes of K-Cups?
Yeah exactly, French Vanilla, that's the only one... I assume it's related to the Law 101. :lol:

I'll check the stores after Christmas, thanks.
Anyway, I've ordered some Timothy's.
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
Has anyone ever tried the custom caps you can find on eBay, pretending that by using those, you can reuse your K-Cups, and/or get a stronger/richer cup of coffee??

If so, I'd like to get feedback, if possible.

Thanks again!
Mar 23, 2009
2 posts
Toronto
Re Future Shop:
hedgehog wrote:
Nov 6th, 2009 4:48 pm
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subcla ... atid=26595

They have about 30 types and seem to have most in stores

I would add that (for some reason) there is NO TAX on these at Future Shop, and FREE shipping on orders over 39.99.

These are 18-count boxes, and -- contrary to an earlier posting -- I have never seen any with close-to-expiry dates on them. My experience only.
Feb 24, 2008
275 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
BubberNe wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2010 2:01 am
Re Future Shop:

I would add that (for some reason) there is NO TAX on these at Future Shop, and FREE shipping on orders over 39.99.

These are 18-count boxes, and -- contrary to an earlier posting -- I have never seen any with close-to-expiry dates on them. My experience only.
As has been reported previously PST and GST are charged by Futureshop for K Cups. This happens in Step 3 of checkout after shipping is chosen. You also get charged in store. They call KCups a "novelty item" and not a grocery item to justify taxing. No other store I have dealt with charges tax on Kcups
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1472 posts
282 upvotes
St. John's
TimBittes wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 12:39 pm
As has been reported previously PST and GST are charged by Futureshop for K Cups. This happens in Step 3 of checkout after shipping is chosen. You also get charged in store. They call KCups a "novelty item" and not a grocery item to justify taxing. No other store I have dealt with charges tax on Kcups
Oddly enough it varies depending on which K-cups you order...

Van Houtte Eclipse..... TAXED
Timothy's Midnight Magic ...... TAXED
Emeril's Big Easy Bold ..... NOT TAXED

Those are the only ones I've been ordering, but I've seen others on here indicate some that are and are not taxed.
Apr 7, 2005
345 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
When I've bought Timothy's Breakfast Blend in store at FS, there's never been any tax charged....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5664 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
Wosk in Vancouver/Burnaby

http://www.woskscoffee.ca/kehome.php#kcup

Flat shipping rate of $3.99 across Canada
for orders of 4 boxes or more!

If they don't have what you see, ask them..they don't list everything on thier site.

No Tax.

BTW: they sell boxes of 24 K-Cups as opposed to the 18 elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
120 upvotes
Narci wrote:
Jan 13th, 2010 5:28 pm
Wosk in Vancouver/Burnaby

http://www.woskscoffee.ca/kehome.php#kcup

Flat shipping rate of $3.99 across Canada
for orders of 4 boxes or more!

If they don't have what you see, ask them..they don't list everything on thier site.

No Tax.

BTW: they sell boxes of 24 K-Cups as opposed to the 18 elsewhere.
How much is each box?