• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2015 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Brewing without machine, I accidentally purchased a box of hazelnut coffee and then someone ripped it open so I can't return it, are there any clever ways of brewing without one of those machines?
Jul 11, 2005
50 posts
7 upvotes
ECS Coffee in Burlington Ont. just opened it's online ordering website here-- www.ecscoffee.com or www.koocoffee.com

Due to contractual mumbo jumbo with Green Mountain (ECS is a office supplier) they had to set up a separate site and you have to be a "member" to access it. http://www.ecscoffeestore.com/4.html

You have to register (free) to get into the site (Premium Coffee Club) and see the prices.

They charge $14 per box of 24 with free shipping on orders over $100. They carry over 150 different types of K-cups.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
typer100 wrote: Go to http://www.singlecup.ca/store/index.php ... t&Itemid=1

Canadian company.Free shipping over 45$, they have a selection of variety pack from different brand for 14.75$ (bag of 24). They take a zip lock and put different K-cups of the same brand. I did a Coffee People last time, gotta love the Jet Fuel :) They have a comment section when you order online, I guess you can probably ask for specific flavors.
I live in Edmonton I received the product next day after it shipped. I am quite happy, prices were reasonable. Thanks.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Aug 1, 2009
25 posts
10 upvotes
cargoagent wrote: ECS Coffee in Burlington Ont. just opened it's online ordering website here-- www.ecscoffee.com or www.koocoffee.com

Due to contractual mumbo jumbo with Green Mountain (ECS is a office supplier) they had to set up a separate site and you have to be a "member" to access it. http://www.ecscoffeestore.com/4.html

You have to register (free) to get into the site (Premium Coffee Club) and see the prices.

They charge $14 per box of 24 with free shipping on orders over $100. They carry over 150 different types of K-cups.
Thanks for posting this. I ordered yesterday and got my order today by Fedex. I ordered enough to get free shipping.

Works out to $0.42 a cup.
May 8, 2003
192 posts
40 upvotes
14580 wrote: Sears carries the K cups, Van Houtte and Green Mountain. Limited selection.
18 K cups/box around 13.00
I just bought a box of Green Mountain Nantucket last week from the Sears at Fairview Mall, and I get charged 13% taxes. I tried to argue with the cashier, but he said it's the system, nothing he can do. I'll order from Future Shop from now on, screw Sears.
Feb 24, 2008
111 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
how does $14 for 24 work out to .42 a cup. Isn't it .58? Or is my math that bad?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
typer100 wrote: Go to http://www.singlecup.ca/store/index.php ... t&Itemid=1

Canadian company.Free shipping over 45$, they have a selection of variety pack from different brand for 14.75$ (bag of 24). They take a zip lock and put different K-cups of the same brand. I did a Coffee People last time, gotta love the Jet Fuel :) They have a comment section when you order online, I guess you can probably ask for specific flavors.
+1. Ordered from SingleCup.ca and they shipped it free to NB from Alberta, in 2 days. Lots of variety and a good website where you can actually shop properly, rather than reading pdf lists.
Jul 11, 2005
50 posts
7 upvotes
ECS Coffee is now selling boxes of 50 K-cups (selected varieties) for 23.95 online and In-store.

They had a one day sale Friday with the 50 packs going for 19.95. It was in store only and was announced via Facebook and in the local paper so only really beneficial for folks in the Burlington area. I spoke with the owner and he said he will be offering weekly/bi-weekly Facebook specials for in-store so those close-by might want to add them on Facebook.
Aug 1, 2009
25 posts
10 upvotes
Primo1 wrote: how does $14 for 24 work out to .42 a cup. Isn't it .58? Or is my math that bad?
The Timothy's variety I ordered was on sale for $10 per box of 24. I ordered enough to get free shipping. No tax. Ergo, $0.42 per cup.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5265 posts
1623 upvotes
SK
Ambassador Coffee in Regina, Buy 7 (boxes of 24) get 1 free.
Prices range from $16.00 to $18.00 per box of 24 K-Cups. Mix and Match your own 24 for $18.00.
One pro is you don't need to buy all 8 boxes at once, it's on your account. If you're new to K-Cup's like me and don't know the flavors, the mix and match is a good option.

$16.00 * 7 = $112.00 / 8 = $14.00 per box ($0.58 per K-Cup) [Timothy's mainly and Costco is $0.50 per K-Cup]
$18.00 * 7 = $126.00 / 8 = $15.75 per box ($0.66 per K-Cup)
Not the best prices, but selection for a local store is great.

K-Cup Menu
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1400 posts
355 upvotes
Costco has Timothy kcups on today 50 for $24.99
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5265 posts
1623 upvotes
SK
Bamelin wrote: Costco has Timothy kcups on today 50 for $24.99

That's the everyday price.
They carry 3 flavors:
- Columbian
- Breakfast
- Decaf
All are in a box of 50 K-cups for $24.99 as an everyday price.
shopper-X
Jul 18, 2011
2 posts
MISSISSAUGA
AM Coffee Depot in Mississauga. This store has over 70 different K-Cups. See their web site. Easy access to store also great service.

www.amcoffeedepot.com
Dec 12, 2011
1 posts
PICKERING
porphyra wrote: +1. Ordered from SingleCup.ca and they shipped it free to NB from Alberta, in 2 days. Lots of variety and a good website where you can actually shop properly, rather than reading pdf lists.

I tried singlecup.ca based largely on this and have to give them a -28. One minus for each expired k-cup in the five boxes I ordered. Some of them had expired FIVE MONTHS ago! Another 22 expire in under two months, so my idea of stocking up for the winter is shot. I'm stuck with a bunch of stale, bitter coffee because their customer service also sucks.

I got a ridiculous form email in response to a request for replacement that said "for most packaged coffees there is no best before date". Really? Then a) why is there one printed on the side of every cup, and b) why does the coffee you sent taste like the stale crap I can order at the local greasy spoon?, and c) that isn't what the manufacturer told me when I emailed them them to ask.

No replacement, no refund, no response to followup emails. Reputable businesses don't ship product that's BUBD has gone past, and certainly don't try to tell you that it doesn't matter that the BUBD has gone past. I'm pissed because I can't a lot of variety in k-cups locally so stuck having to use an online company and this experience has put me off. Anyone had experience with a legit online Canadian k-cup source?

Update:
Extremely shortly after posting this (and similar comments in other locations) I received an email from singlecup.ca. "I apologize for the delay. I had to search the warehouse for some of the products to send out to you. The replacements will be shipping from our warehouse this afternoon. I have handpicked the variety pack from our retail store front to ensure that none of them were past their dates." "I am also sending you an additional Hot Chocolate multi-roaster; Our compliments to you to share with friends and family over this holiday season."

They were shipped out that afternoon, they arrived a few minutes ago. Only 6 of the "handpicked" replacements were past the expiry date this time (15% of the total), so getting better. The Hot Chocolate, like the one I had ordered, expires the end January early February. So the attempt was made to make it right... a little late and only after round one of my social media complaints, but they did make the attempt in the end.
Dec 2, 2009
653 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Thought I'd add that if you have any friends/relatives that work for Future Shop/Best Buy, you may want to be really nice to them, cause staff price is $4.67 for a box that retails for $12.99..

Staff price works at either store for employees, but for some reason, i've noticed that Best Buy charges $10.53, while Future Shop only charges $4.67 with staff price.. so tell them to buy it from Future Shop..
Aug 18, 2002
994 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
Last I heard this was over. The price change only lasted a few days. I think I'm set for a few years now.... ;)
Dec 12, 2006
134 posts
190 upvotes
http://www.timothys.ca has a promo on now (while supplies last), free 24 count Colombian Decaf with every order. If it is still available it will show in the slideshow on the main page of their site.

Was at Futureshop on the weekend and they still honoured their buy 4 ($12.99 18 count) get 1 free boxing week deal. Works out to $10.39 a box. They had Tullys which I love.

I noticed http://search.keurig.com/search?w=starbucks has the Starbucks available now ($20.24 24 count). Sign up for their emails to get members price and $1.00 off deals all the time.

The K-Cups were supposed to be in Starbucks stores late December but has been delayed.

If anyone wants to buy a brewer from Keurig.com PM your address and email and we will both get two free boxes of K-cups. They have free shipping.
Jul 4, 2012
1 posts
SCARBOROUGH
There is also Markcol Distribution, which is located in Pickering. They have a huge selection and great prices! Go to www.markcol.com or call 18556275265. I have been there several times and never disappointed.
Jan 6, 2012
6 posts
27 upvotes
TORONTO
ok, this is a pretty old thread, but in case you're in Toronto and looking for somewhere to purchase kcups, the best place in the city that I've found is Home Coffee Solutions - they have two retail locations in the city (I use to drive to the suburbs to get my kcups). They are downtown at front and spadina and west end at eglinton and black creek.

you can also purchase online at www.homecoffeesolutions.com

personally i prefer shopping in store cause I can sample new blends for free, assemble your own variety box and the staff is great at offering advice

they also just opened in Barrie recently - somewhere in the south end - they have their retail locations on their website

enjoy!
Feb 23, 2013
1 posts
I've been a regular at the Timothy's store in the burlington mall. They have over 30 different variety of Kcups with several flavored ones too !! The best part is the pricing.. Their K cup boxes of 24 cost less than 15 $ if you buy their stock up deal of 3. IF you're lucky, there are a few months when they price a 24 k cup box (with the 3 box deal) at around 13$ !!!! which is the cheapest in the country, beats Costco hands down.

barto wrote: I've seen both K-cups and the reuseable filter at London Drugs, back when we first got our Keurig Mini (for $50!). I ended up finding an eBay seller in the U.S. with reasonable shipping and won a bunch of auctions to get a good initial supply. Also recently registered with keurig.com to get the "buy 2, get 2 free" deal. Very nice.

Keep up the good work, but will be particularly interested in seeing Alberta- and Edmonton-based retailers!

Bart

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)