None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1179 posts
99 upvotes
Mississauga

Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

Having problems with your dealer honouring the warranty on a new vehicle?

try www.camvap.ca - I did and I won
The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan is a program where disputes between consumers and vehicle manufacturers about alleged manufacturing defects or implementation of the manufacturers' new vehicle warranty can be put before a neutral third party (arbitrator) for resolution.
Short story:

2002 Ford Focus SE - several major problems during warranty, including blown head gaskets and replacement of all 4 cylinders - twice!

Same problem happened again at 101k - Dealer and Ford refused to repair at first as it is out of Power Train Warranty.

After a week of complaining to Ford Customer Service and dealer they offered as a "good will gesture" to have the engine replaced with a "recertified" engine as long as I would cover "part of the cost" - quoted me around $1,500 - $2,000.

Decided that it is not a good deal and went to an independent shop, got a used engine dropped for $2,100 and went through the CAMVAP process.

Arbitrator ruled in my favour and ordered Ford to pay me the repair costs + diagnostic fees and incidentals - just received cheque for $2,600 from Ford :)

The whole process took less than 2 months, from filing the claim to receiving the arbitrator decision, about a week after the hearing. Ford took another month to send me the cheque.
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
Share:
5 replies
Apr 19, 2004
662 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
bump for a good read! :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7025 posts
78 upvotes
Nepean
thanks for the info! Will definitely book mark this for future references
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2648 posts
92 upvotes
I love these happy ending stories and some valuable information comes from it too...thanks and congrats.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)