Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2129 posts
881 upvotes
Hamilton
tmkf_patryk wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 2:22 pm
Why is this thread here. MODS please move this to the proper category - careers section
Please, if anything it should be in personal finance.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5167 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
Dpack22 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 2:44 pm
Please, if anything it should be in personal finance.
Entrepreneur and small business...those are hefty expenses not written off.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Sep 7, 2009
460 posts
145 upvotes
She's working part-time also, as her subsequent posts explain she's in university getting her degree.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15582 posts
1198 upvotes
Thornhill
CheapScotch wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:36 am
How do you happen to be so familiar with the kinds of men that frequent prostitutes?
Because Daivey knows her clientele.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11666 posts
1665 upvotes
City of Vancouver
howdydo wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 10:06 pm
Should we legalize this and start taxing it already?
It already is taxable, illegal or not. Sex workers should be charged with tax evasion.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3852 posts
199 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:02 am
Because I know guys that have gone to them and they are not normal dudes.
Like yourself, I also probably know men who have frequented prostitutes. However, unlike yourself, these men are not in the habit of revealing such intimate details of their lives to me - perhaps because they are "normal dudes"?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3852 posts
199 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:01 pm
It already is taxable, illegal or not. Sex workers should be charged with tax evasion.
I doubt that prostitutes keep a ledger or logbook of their "business transactions", so am wondering how exactly the CRA would estimate how much income they earn.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6751 posts
239 upvotes
And that is why you don't rent your property on airbnb unless you're ok with random people using your property for sex work.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
22705 posts
3100 upvotes
howdydo wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 10:06 pm
Should we legalize this and start taxing it already?
There's no need to "legalize" it in order to tax it. First off it's not entirely illegal in Canada anyway (there are certain behaviours around it that can be illegal but the actual act is not illegal); secondly, even illegal activities are still subject to income tax. Not declaring this income, well the government will eventually catch up to you so you may as well pay your taxes on it.

BTW if anyone is hoping to make $10k a month as a male sex worker? Uhh well good luck with that.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
22705 posts
3100 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 7:09 pm
danger of aids and std
$200k/yr should be enough to include hazard pay ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15582 posts
1198 upvotes
Thornhill
CheapScotch wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:51 pm
I doubt that prostitutes keep a ledger or logbook of their "business transactions", so am wondering how exactly the CRA would estimate how much income they earn.
Some might... especially the types that give formal receipts, Air Miles, or those “your 10th session is free!”

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18828 posts
2067 upvotes
Montreal
t3359 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:18 pm
Some might... especially the types that give formal receipts, Air Miles, or those “your 10th session is free!”

bjl
I wonder if a Tangerine MC has a cash back category for that.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4973 posts
1832 upvotes
CheapScotch wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:51 pm
Net worth audit/assessment.

And remember that the onus of proof is on the taxpayer, not the CRA.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4514 posts
645 upvotes
Thornhill
lol at the replied there telling her to register for HST OR pay taxes. NUTS!! This is a cash job. Most waiters don't pay taxes on Tips. I used to be a waiter 20 years ago from low end to high end restaurants( $500+ tips/day) and NOBODY every was paying any taxes on tips! Some waiters were working their jobs for 10-20 years too.
In this case it's even worst. She does not have to pay taxes as her job is practically illegal.

In addition to that, people with no background or knowledge of condos telling her it's ok to use a condo for this(she is looking into upscale condo. If a condo has a concierge( most mid-end to upscale condos have concierges and security!), everything is logged, walls are super thin and eventually questions will be asked and police may be called.

Her income is 10K(gross),yet she has a lot of debt, which means she spends all the money somehow and somewhere and doesn't even know where!! I suppose she is around 18-21 by the sound of it. She wants to buy something but she can't afford anything. Nor would any bank will give her a mortgage with no t4.
Best for her would be to rent a home or find an appropriate rental condo with a unit with thick walls and no concierge to ask questions. This is why hotels are popular with prostitutes. Very convenient, no questions, nowhere to sign up,etc.