• Jan 15th, 2019 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1057 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KFG Q3 financials came out and wow I’m impressed, company turned out a $55k profit even with all the oil downturn. Majority of oil small caps have been toast or been taking on debt, these guys have zero debt and continue to grow their cash balance.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1057 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Someone on stockhouse posted a FB reply from AXM.V. Things have improved so much and this comaony has the BEST asset out of any company on the venture under 100 mil market cap. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to find a gold deposit in the millions of ounces with costs under $500 per ounce.

response from Company
THis is what is asked on their FB page

"Hello, based on all the recent developments in CAR does AXMIN believe that it will be able to back on it's passendro claim any time soon? Or are there any updates on that front?"

Answer
Hello, thank you for contacting us. Axmin has maintained a constant presence in Bangui and has kept excellent relationships both on the central government level and also regionally in Bambari as you will see from our company presentation. We will be providing an updated presentation soon in 2019. The situation in Bambari is stabilizing and we hope that this process extends to Ndassima, which is the area of our asset. We have every assurance from the authorities that we will be back on site and working shortly, but we do not have an exact date. When we have further information we will certainly announce it. My own personal opinion is that we will see further progress in the CAR in Q1 and I hope that we are back on site working in Q2, but this is just my personal opinion.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1057 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Merry Christmas to all AXM shareholders, great article just released! 2019 is shaping up to be fantastic.

AXMIN CFO Says Finances, Turnaround in CAR Drove 2018 Gains

https://investingnews.com/daily/resourc ... ove-gains/

AXMIN CFO Says Finances, Turnaround in CAR Drove 2018 Gains
Olivia Da Silva - December 24th, 2018

Despite staying quiet on the news front in 2018, AXMIN (TSXV:AXM) had a wildly successful year with regard to its share price, which is currently up nearly 700 percent year-to-date.

In a conversation with the Investing News Network (INN), AXMIN CFO David Weill shared insight on the spike, which he says was driven by three main factors, including a royalty stream in Senegal with miner Teranga Gold (TSX:TGZ) for the Gora deposit.

“If you just look at our accounts, we’re cashflow profitable [and] accounting profitable, just on the royalty stream that we have now from Teranga on one site, which is the Gora site, and we have 17 more potential sites to be developed with Teranga,” Weill said.

“The second factor is definitely the Central African Republic (CAR) geopolitical situation turning the corner.”

The company, whose Passendro gold project is located in the CAR, has faced hiccups over the last year due to a turbulent time in the the country with relation to local security issues. However, according to Weill, things have started to simmer down in the country through avenues like military reforms and support from countries like France and Russia.

As for the third factor pushing AXMIN ahead, Weill pointed to the company cleaning up its balance sheet and being in a “very strong financial situation.” This stems in part from the company’s royalty agreement with Teranga, mentioned above, which still stands to expand.

“We had numerous properties in Senegal that we basically farmed out to Teranga where we would do a joint development and, since we’re focusing really on the CAR property, we opted to go for a NSR — net smelter return royalty — so we simply take 1.5 percent off the top,” Weill said.

“The first property that came into production was the Gora deposit, which was a huge winner, but we have 17 more. We don’t know what Teranga is planning to do with the additional properties. They do look highly prospective to us, but the fundamental decision now as to exploration and then eventual production lies with Teranga,” he explained.

As mentioned, despite its major share price gain AXMIN put out minimal press releases throughout the year. In fact, the company released a statement in August explaining it was unsure of any specific reason for increased market activity.

However, at the time, AXMIN had been working to settle a drawn-out accounts payable issue with a consultant that helped secure its ownership of licenses in the CAR. Weill told INN that the statement was a standard way of informing the TSX that nothing with the dispute had been officially resolved yet, but also said he feels the growth in activity came from the market re-evaluating the CAR’s profitability.

“We were in the process of getting TSX approval for eliminating the accounts payable, which we did by issuing shares of about three times the market price, and also paying a certain amount of cash,” he said. “But that transaction was not complete, and the market had no knowledge of it. What the market was doing, in my opinion, was reassessing the prospects of the CAR as a country.”

With the CAR’s geopolitical situation now on the rise and AXMIN’s check book being a clean slate, the company has plans in 2019 to step up its online presence and further develop its assets.

“I think you’re seeing the very beginning of it in that we’re going to be highly communicative,” Weill said.

“We’re going to be far more proactive in our press releases and we’re basically looking to develop our in-country staff, further our relationship with the government and the government agencies that will be directly involved with our operation. We’re going to be actively soliciting strategic partners to assist us in developing the assets and we’re really just going to take it from there.”

As of Monday (December 24) at 1:00 p.m. EST, AXMIN’s share price was sitting at C$0.235, up 683.33 percent year-to-date.

Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Resource for real-time news updates!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
An interesting tweet from CCW this afternoon that may suggest big news on the way...

Note #bighit at the end. Lab delays have been killing junior miners in recent months but the results are beginning to trickle in. Don’t quote me on this but it looks like the company got at least partial results back and NR will be out in a matter of days. 🤞
Dec 19, 2010
708 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
@loopy1984 - what's going on with AXM as of late? seems to be slowly dropping.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
jamieee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:52 am
@loopy1984 - what's going on with AXM as of late? seems to be slowly dropping.
I had a quick look at the chart... The longterm bullish trend is still intact with stock trading right at the .195 Fib support level. Should the selling continue, next support level to look for is around .16. On the upward move, you want it to break .23 to resume the up trend. @loopy1984 can fill you in on the catalysts that may trigger the next move up or down.
Last edited by izzyzz on Jan 14th, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
AnthonyC77339 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:37 am
Sadly, I'm still holding lol...
What should we expect?
Hard to say. My understanding was that the new PLAY management would collaborate with TurboPlay but apparently there are still fractions within BlocPlay fighting each other over IP. The situation with bank accounts remains unclear with no relevant updates from the company. No statements issued on Bridgemark or BCSC investigation either.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
Looks like CCW wait moves into another week.

Loaded up on IMR today at .10. Drilling to begin shortly and no lab backlog for the shallow depth / fire assays. Should be progressing much faster than other juniors once they get going on the ground.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
Thought I'd follow up because the .195 support is now broken. The chart is looking more bearish with selling likely to continue in the following days in the absence of material news. The next important support area is around .15 - .16.

Last edited by izzyzz on Jan 14th, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:27 am
That's strange when gold is almost back at $1,300.
Nothing goes up forever in a straight line. Stocks reach oversold conditions, unwind, trade sideways and, if the underlying fundamentals are solid and positive catalysts emerge, reverse to the upside. If you look at the chart above, on Oct 30th, two technical indicators generated SELL signals / overbought conditions:

1) MACD line (blue, bottom) intersected signal line (orange) on the way down at the top

2) Parabolic SAR (dots over and under candlestick chart): switched to the top. This indicator tends to be accurate in a well defined trend like this one.

That was a pretty powerful combination of signals and the short term chart was trending down since then. Longer term it still doesn't look bad. There are some indications of possible coming reversal but no strong technical signals to confirm it yet. There's a good chance it will continue to trend down short term.

It helps to know at least some TA and to take profits along the way around resistance levels, especially if stock moves up fast.

Stop losses are also important. Saved me a bunch of money this year as many stocks plunged but I managed to contain a lot of damage.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
47356 posts
13104 upvotes
izzyzz wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 6:23 am
Nothing goes up forever in a straight line. Stocks reach oversold conditions, unwind, trade sideways and, if the underlying fundamentals are solid and positive catalysts emerge, reverse to the upside. If you look at the chart above, on Oct 30th, two technical indicators generated SELL signals / overbought conditions:

1) MACD line (blue, bottom) intersected signal line (orange) on the way down at the top

2) Parabolic SAR (dots over and under candlestick chart): switched to the top. This indicator tends to be accurate in a well defined trend like this one.

That was a pretty powerful combination of signals and the short term chart was trending down since then. Longer term it still doesn't look bad. There are some indications of possible coming reversal but no strong technical signals to confirm it yet. There's a good chance it will continue to trend down short term.

It helps to know at least some TA and to take profits along the way around resistance levels, especially if stock moves up fast.

Stop losses are also important. Saved me a bunch of money this year as many stocks plunged but I managed to contain a lot of damage.
So you noticed strong buy signals, bought in, and then noticed sell signals and then sold at a loss?

You did have some interesting picks last year but mostly speculative ones I think for day trading/ trend following.

Which ones are you still holding? Your signature in the past seem to have listed some of them.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5478 posts
1327 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:24 am
So you noticed strong buy signals, bought in, and then noticed sell signals and then sold at a loss?

You did have some interesting picks last year but mostly speculative ones I think for day trading/ trend following.

Which ones are you still holding? Your signature in the past seem to have listed some of them.
I invest based on both TA and fundamentals. The reason I no longer post what I am currently holding is because I can literally exit those positions a few mins later.

That said, I do hold long positions in a few stocks and I rarely trade them. Currently, those are GGI and CCW.

For shorter term trades, I try to enter with a plan in mind. I set stop-loss to prevent big loss in case the stock goes down, and I set a physical or mental sell target price, usually based around Fib. resistance levels. Fundamentals dictate whether it is full position trade or partial. That's MOON, IMR, FVAN, AUX at the moment.

I should also add that it is a constant learning experience and my strategy is evolving as I trade and learn more about the markets. My long trade on PLAY that basically went to sh*t is a good example. The positive that came out of it is that our investor group forced the regulators to act and exposed 30+ companies where exact same scheme was used by nefarious executives and pp participants, even when the technical teams and business plans seemed solid. Now, every investor can take a list of the names and companies involved in Bridgemark schemes and be better informed when doing DD on the management/fundamentals. TA is also a constant learning experience as some indicators work better in combination with others and with candlestick analysis. IMO, every trader should learn at least the fundamentals of TA.