• Oct 22nd, 2017 1:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
Golden Triangle stocks are on sale today with some impatient traders bailing out. Added to my positions in GGI / MTS.
Oct 30, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
Alberta
I bought NGZ back at 11 & 12 cents. It is 28 today with drill results still to be announced.
Jan 27, 2016
84 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GTI.V

just had a 2.8 million share trade at 2.5 cents, this is interesting because company is set to be bought out or chunk of its assets to be sold next few weeks. Nov 3 we get the documents in the mail, this is exciting and driving me nuts what the outcome will be!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3982 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
izzyzz wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:30 am
I get charged one fee if all partial fills are completed within the same trading day. The following day, subsequent fills are considered to be a part of different transaction.
Especially for buying/selling penny stocks is there a brokerage to set the minimum order shares per transaction? Today for a 8 cents/share I got 5000 shares for $400 and paid $6.95 with CIBC, yesterday 10000 filled total $800 and paid another $6.95... I see no option when placing a order to limit the min transaction shares to be bought?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
greg123 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:11 pm
Especially for buying/selling penny stocks is there a brokerage to set the minimum order shares per transaction? Today for a 8 cents/share I got 5000 shares for $400 and paid $6.95 with CIBC, yesterday 10000 filled total $800 and paid another $6.95... I see no option when placing a order to limit the min transaction shares to be bought?
I am with RBC, so I can only comment on what's available to me... The only similar sounding option that I have (which is not always select-able) is "Special instructions: [ ] Any Part | [ ] All or None", meaning either allow partial fills/sells OR execute entire transaction at once only.
Jan 27, 2016
84 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FTEC.V

Mentioned it last week at about 18 cents, now at 20.5 and might have a nice run!

I didn't buy any though :(
Jan 27, 2016
84 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
News: Uniserve buys 5M Glenbriar shares, now owns 86%
Uniserve buys 5M Glenbriar shares, now owns 86%
2017-10-12 13:20 MT - News Release

See News Release (C-USS) Uniserve Communications Corp (4)

Mr. Michael Scholz of Uniserve reports

UNISERVE PURCHASES AN ADDITIONAL 4% OF GLENBRIAR SHARES

Uniserve Communications Corp. has purchased an additional five million shares of Glenbriar Technologies Inc., taking Uniserve's holdings to approximately 86 per cent of Glenbriar. The Vancouver office of Glenbriar has been merged into Uniserve's Vancouver office and all operations in Glenbriar's Calgary and Waterloo offices are being streamlined under the Uniserve umbrella. It is anticipated this will be completed by year-end.

Uniserve is pleased to announce $420,000 of convertible debt has been shifted to equity, resulting in the issue of approximately 2.2 million shares. Also, the balance of 656,000 warrants, expiring in September, 2017, have been exercised in full at 37.5 cents.

Uniserve has also negotiated a one-year $700,000 loan with interest at 3.5 per cent per annum and have used part of the proceeds to retire a $470,000 debt with interest chargeable at a higher rate.

Of the 2.6 million warrants exercisable at 17.5 cents and expiring March 31, 2018, approximately 80 per cent have already been exercised.

About Uniserve Communications Corp.

Uniserve is a unified communications company which has been in existence for over 28 years, combining voice, data and media all into one seamless solution, one bill, and one point of contact in Canada, spread across 13,000 customers serving the residential/small office/home office and enterprise markets. Uniserve prides itself on world-class customer service. When all else is equal you can trust Uniserve to have a great price, a world class customer experience and to be a company you trust and like working with.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
Golden Triangle went cray-cray today... Still no news though.

GGI -- $2.69 (+28.71%)

MTS -- $1.49 (+18.25%)
Jan 27, 2016
84 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just like i thought would happen when i started buying this...500,000 shares at 2 cents and had 50,000 at 2.5 cents

Not bad at all for a 5 month trade, I expected at least 3 cents but don't want to wait around a few more months when i have other stocks i wanna buy.

GTI and CAF solid 20-25% gains....on to the next one!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
Golden Triangle stocks hit all time highs today on GGI news release and new images posted on their website though retreated by EOD, especially MTS. Amateur geos are claiming GGI have got the goods after reviewing new photos! If true, the stock is at least a 10-bagger from current levels! We wait for the assays now. I envy those who got in at $.16 earlier this year and held on.

GGI -- $3.57 (+32.71%)

MTS -- $1.35 (-9.40%)

https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/jun ... pdate.html

Big buys by insiders (Sprott) today as well.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
New Golden Triangle play -- GOT -- started trading today. I got in at .30. Very tight float.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/bi ... 77183.html

EDIT: GOT closed at .395 (+194.78%) on its first day of trading!

Also news of new PP from GGI with more big hitters coming onboard. Someone paid $10M to get in at a premium ($3.15). MTS / GGI staying in the same range for now but more news expected soon for both.

https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/jun ... ncing.html

MOS is getting hammered a bit, down to .21. A good buying opportunity, imo.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4978 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
Great news from GGI with another big name revealed as participant in the latest PP -- Warren Irwin of Rosseau Asset Management Ltd. A bit of background for those not in the know...
BarclayHedge ranks Rosseau's Special Situation Hedge Fund as the Top Performing Hedge Fund in the World for 2016

TORONTO, March 14, 2017 /CNW/ - The G10-Rosseau Special Situations Fund (US) LP, managed by Rosseau Asset Management Ltd. of Toronto, earned the top position in 2016 among the 4,099 hedge funds tracked by BarclayHedge with a 156.32% annual return. Rosseau funds also took the second and sixth spots with returns of 155.94% and 128.89%, respectively.

Warren Irwin, President and Chief Investment Officer, is pleased to have Rosseau's achievements recognized by an established industry leader like BarclayHedge. "The strong rebound in the resource sector was very refreshing after years of challenging markets. We spent the downturn focused on finding the best special situations available and were rewarded handsomely for our efforts in 2016." Rosseau's flagship fund, Rosseau LP, was established over 18 years ago and has an average annual compound rate of return since inception of 16.61% to February 28, 2017.

About Rosseau:

Rosseau Asset Management Ltd. (www.rosseau.com) is a Toronto-based money management firm that caters to high net worth and institutional investors globally. Rosseau's objective is to maximize long-term capital appreciation through North American special situation and event driven investing, with an emphasis on Canada. A core competency in fundamental research allows Rosseau to identify opportunities in corporate restructurings, turnarounds, bankruptcies, unique growth opportunities and special situations.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ba ... 93743.html
The market reacted favourably on Friday with an all-time high close of $3.89.

A few interesting notes about the latest $10M PP. It is oversubscribed. Eric Sprott took $5M, Warren Irwin $3M leaving another $2M still unaccounted for. There's a possibility of another heavy hitter involved here that will add even more credibility to the story. It should be a very fun end of October for the shareholders.

For me personally, it once again underscores the importance of doing own DD and consulting with professionals in the field when it comes to technical detail -- a friend geologist in my case. While I was reluctant to invest in the stock that has already run up from $.15 to over $1, it was one of the best decisions I've made since I started putting money in individual plays. These are paper gains, of course, and it is important to take profits along the way. My personal strategy is usually to take 50% off the table when the stock runs up 100% or more and GGI / MTS have already done it for me. I will most likely be taking some money off the table next week as I expect further run up in sp.