Investing

Canadian Small caps and Penny stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 22, 2016
7 posts
Canadian graphite stocks seem to be popping in unison. I'm holding some NGC from 0.32 that has jumped to 0.48 over the last couple days. Setting a stop now so that I will secure some gains if it falls quickly.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Another record close for Golden Triangle plays!

GGI -- $4.50 (+10.02%)

MTS -- $2.13 (+17.03%)

New video featuring Eric Sprott and a cute little "conservative" $45 price target for GGI:

Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought 1.5 million shares of SSA.V @ 1.5 cents

Currently trading at 2.5, not bad for a few week trade. Still hold 90% of my holding, IMO this is seriously undervalued.
Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is how retail investors get slaughtered, trying to chase plays that are already up HUGE.

testdnakr wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 3:15 pm
is it too late to get into GGI or MTS? Crazy rally
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
loopy1984 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 3:21 pm
This is how retail investors get slaughtered, trying to chase plays that are already up HUGE.
Per my earlier post, I entered GGI at just above $1 and MTS at around $.60. Both were already up significantly from around $.15 just a few months earlier. Continued buying at up to $3.50 and $1.42, respectively. Both stocks are multi baggers for me already.

I don't make decisions based on price alone. It's important to know your risk tolerance and do lots of own due diligence. Consult others in the know if the play is outside your area of expertise. There's plenty of information available on various boards.

At this point, the bet is on the positive assays from both companies. I have strong reasons to believe GGI will deliver, haven't sold a single share. Not so certain about MTS, so I de-risked my position. Of course, MTS, is up 40% since I did that. LOL.

Good luck!

P. S. SEDI filings show Eric Sprott was still buying MTS today.
Last edited by izzyzz on Oct 25th, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Initiated positions in DM, AIS.h, GRV yesterday. All are somewhat under the radar compared to peers.
Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SSA.V just hit 3 cents today, not crazy volume but the asks are drying up and their financials coming out soon. 100% gain in just over 30 days, I am bidding on 250,000 more at 2 cents

CAF.V still trading around 5.5-6 cents, still watching this, once i can hammer some flips I have...CAF will be my next big buy along with KFG
Dec 23, 2008
324 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
izzyzz wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 2:00 pm
New Golden Triangle play -- GOT -- started trading today. I got in at .30. Very tight float.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/bi ... 77183.html

EDIT: GOT closed at .395 (+194.78%) on its first day of trading!

Also news of new PP from GGI with more big hitters coming onboard. Someone paid $10M to get in at a premium ($3.15). MTS / GGI staying in the same range for now but more news expected soon for both.

https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/jun ... ncing.html

MOS is getting hammered a bit, down to .21. A good buying opportunity, imo.
look at GOT now
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
mojojojo911 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 5:23 pm
look at GOT now
Nope, not all of them work out, that's why it's important to keep an eye on L2 and quickly exit when asks start building. That is my strategy with short-term speculative / momentum plays.

When the story and the fundamentals are good, it makes sense to average down (see MOS or ACU). In case of GOT, it was a quick exit with a small loss though I'll keep it on my radar and see how the story develops.

Out of my most recent entries, GRV looks like it might be heading south as well, but I will most likely keep it as it is not a huge amount of shares and I still like the potential once they get the project under way. AIS.h is looking very good as is DM and I will be adding on any pullbacks. Diversification is key when you play this game. It allows for a margin of error.

I will also say that I am not here to issue buy or sell advise. I am sharing some of my plays that I think are worth doing DD on. It is up to you what to do with that information. I've been pretty fortunate to have very good gains in my speculative portfolio, mostly because I put a lot of time into doing my own research and have a consistent strategy that I don't often deviate from.

Moving forward, I will be including which small caps are currently in my portfolio in case anyone has any questions as I will not be posting every single trade I make.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS.H, CCC, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by izzyzz on Oct 26th, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ARD.V stock i bought at 9-10 cents should move tomorrow...200k Net Income Q1, they have a clean balance sheet now and if they can pump Q's like this from now on, they will be worth north of 30 cents easily
Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
looks like ARD will open at 30%+

I was so bullish on this play last year, took a lot longer than i thought for these guys to get their act in order but it seems like they just might be there.

They own that site car cost canada, also owner of Lease busters runs this playy ARD
Jan 27, 2016
159 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
50% up and sold off my brothers position! I will re-buy this for him during tax loss and for myself.

ARD CAF added to watch list
loopy1984 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 9:25 am
looks like ARD will open at 30%+

I was so bullish on this play last year, took a lot longer than i thought for these guys to get their act in order but it seems like they just might be there.

They own that site car cost canada, also owner of Lease busters runs this playy ARD
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Nice movement on AIS.h. I am up 40% after only a couple of days! Great team behind this lithium exploration play. The more I learn about it, the more I like it. Haven’t sold any shares as I believe it is only at the beginning of its run. The .h designation prevents the company from promoting itself to investors. It will be removed once the current pp closes which is imminent.

Added to my positions in DM and GRV. The latter is a bit of a sleeper and may still see more downside but has a good long term potential, IMO.

CCC has been moving steadily up as well. I took profits selling half of my position as it has now doubled on me. Will ride out the rest.

Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Hmm... Doing some more research on AIS.h and seeing some red flags, mainly the chairman day-trading his company's stock. The technical team has good history which got me (and I assume other buyers) excited, but insider trading raises concern. I also dug up an old interview where he talks up the removal of ".h" designation last year, "conservatively the first week of January [of 2017]". The technical chart looks great and imminent pp close should provide near-term catalyst, but I may be looking to lock in some profits sooner than I originally planned.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, the ".h" removal delay was solely due to previous team not being able to raise enough capital. It looks like the most recent 4m raise will take care of it. Insider day-trading is still a concern for me. Will continue to monitor this stock closely.