• Nov 21st, 2017 1:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5011 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Got a bit lucky this morning -- bought more DM at .135 just a few hours before news release and a runup to .16. There's still some selling pressure, but more catalysts are coming.

Initiated position in COR at .48 (copper play) today as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS.H, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 27, 2016
156 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
News: SSA Earns $57K In Q3, $190K After 9 Months
Spectra Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results

For Immediate Release – November 8, 2017

Toronto, Ontario – Spectra Inc. (SSA: TSX VENTURE) reports the release of its financial results for the first nine months of 2017. Revenues for the nine-month period ending September 30, 2017 were $1,332,592 compared to $1,206,651 for the same period in 2016. Revenues for the third quarter ending September 30, 2017 were $432,186 compared to $342,034 in 2016.

The third quarter ended September 30, 2017 showed a net profit of $56,809 compared to a net profit of $16,360 for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016.

During the nine-month period ended September 30, 2017, a net profit of $190,424 was
achieved compared to a net profit of $94,115 for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2016.

Spectra Inc., through its subsidiary, Spectra Products Inc., is the Toronto-based North
American designer, manufacturer and distributor of Brake Safe, the visual brake stroke indicating system, Brake Inspector, the company’s electronic in-cab air brake diagnostic system and the Termin-8R line of anti-corrosion and extreme pressure lubricants.

Spectra manufacturers and distributes the new Arrow Logger™ brake stroke data logger that has been designed to enhance the performance of the Brake Safe® system. Spectra distributes Zafety Lug Lock, a lug nut retainer that uses the resistance between wheel nuts to minimize their ability to rotate and loosen, reducing the risk of wheel damage or wheel loss and Hub Alert™, an innovative heat sensing label that provides an alert for overheating wheel ends, reducing the risk of bearing failure and corresponding maintenance and repair costs.

Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including the impact of
competitive products and pricing and general economic conditions as they affect the
Corporation’s customers. Actual results and developments may therefore differ
materially from those described in this release.

On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Glen Campbell, Chairman, Spectra Inc.
Investor Relations: 1-800-308-5255
E-Mail: info@spectrainc.ca
Jan 27, 2016
156 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I expected around 75k NI but this is a micro cap really changing its books, nice to see they hit another solid Q and doesn't seem the big push to the USA market has come yet...sales hopefully have begun now and we will see it next Q.

Also insider bought 500k today as well, awesome!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4035 posts
875 upvotes
Thornhill
Bought a small position in Peekaboo Beans Inc (CVE:BEAN) @ 0.5873. I'm interested in this business's story and potential as they just entered the U.S Market.
Jan 27, 2016
156 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WHY.V

Wow that deal they signed for 750 mil is dead...stock is bidding at 20 cents now, insane.

This is why i don't touch speculative plays, too much risk
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5011 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Added CCC, COR, DM, GGI on today's drops.

AIS has lost .h / has been uplisted to main venture exchange. Continues to inch upwards. I expect some promotion to begin in the very near future.

MOS is still down due to selling pressure but some strong bids showing up now in high teens. This will take a bit of time to get on the radar of wider investor audience, it looks like. I am down a bit here, but keeping my shares.

My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4757 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:04 am
Bought a small position in Peekaboo Beans Inc (CVE:BEAN) @ 0.5873. I'm interested in this business's story and potential as they just entered the U.S Market.
Wouldnt it be better to wait until they issue their stock at end of November so you dont get diluted?
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4035 posts
875 upvotes
Thornhill
maebach wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:52 pm
Wouldnt it be better to wait until they issue their stock at end of November so you dont get diluted?
I'm not certain that the private placement offering will dilute the stock price from where I purchased it at though. The pricing will be up to $3M issued at .60c/unit closing on or before Nov 30th.
Jan 27, 2016
156 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WHY.V

from $3.80 cents to under 30 cents in weeks.

I hope no one on here fell for that garbage
Oct 31, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Added CXN. Gold area play in the West Pilbara area where the hot shots NVO and Artemis and others are located. They have 50 mil CASH with a market cap of 50mil. I don't see much downside with a company's market cap equal to their cash
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5011 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
News and a massive move in AIS today (+31.65%). Did not expect it so soon but can't complain. I am up 80%+ in this play now. Haven't taken profits yet.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/the-ne ... nture.html

Sold some of my MOS and ACU holdings to buy more GGI this morning at $3.40 on another dip. It has recovered a bit by EOD, but may still see more volatility before the assays are released. Seeing lots of manipulation and retails getting fleeced, but I'm betting on assays being positive and holding. Eric Sprott continues to buy in the open market -- def a good sign though by no means a guarantee of positive outcome. Next week should be fun!

My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
Jun 2, 2017
27 posts
5 upvotes
Additional Small Caps to consider in order of size/price from high to low. Health/Storage/Transportation industries.

Savaria Corporation (SIS) - Also pays a dividend
StorageVault Canada Inc (SVI)
Grande West Transportation (BUS)
Reliq Health Tech. Inc (RHT)
Nov 11, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
I also hold MOS and ACU. If you believe in solar technology for the future, ACU could have a good run...they have a small float of 52 million shares and no debt. If eel MOS has great potential...they have high insider ownership, CEO owns 3.3 million shares himself and on the charts showing stock accumulation even when price was falling which I like to see...I suspect they may also be dealing with tax loss selling..perhaps good potential for the New Year.

I am curious what you like about GRV.

I stumbled across a possible under the radar gem while looking for underpriced stocks...ParcelPal Technology INC (C.PKG) . It has a very small float only 30 million shares, high insider ownership. the price has dropped a lot during the year and probably tax loss selling is part of it. Anyways, the last 2 years it did very well from about mid November to February time frame...Parcel delivery before Christmas perhaps...if it does a 3 peat, we could see a double or triple over the next few months especially with a such a small float.
Nov 11, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Dalmac Energy (TSXV.DAL) I came across this stock when looking for underpriced stocks, very small float, only 28 million shares of which CEO owns approx. 11 million shares and he continued to buy shares over the past year. p/s only 0.17 and p.cf 1.09, unheard of numbers. Share price is well below book value. Stock has been hit hard over the past few years probably due to weak prices in oil sector and some tax loss selling. Oil prices have started to recover and the Sept 29th news release shows increased revenue and profit over the previous year. Perhaps we have turned the corner