Canadian Small caps and Penny stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 9:46 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Deepmarkit Corp (MKT.V) This stock has high insider ownership and had continuous insider buying over the past year. CEO himself has more than 7 millions shares. Despite the weakness of the stock, they still had strong stock accumulation over the past year which I find encouraging. I am thinking they are also experiencing tax loss selling which is not helping..maybe at or near a low?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4141 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
loopy1984 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:16 pm
I don't touch plays I don't understand...blockchain is too volatile for me and too many pump and dumps. I like to find solid small companies that are trading at huge discounts or are being ignored.

I will take my 25%-200% gains vs 1000% gains as those are hard to come by and usually extremely risky
you seem to do quiet bit of research on penny stocks, how do you do your research? what sites do you use? do you focus on the financials more vs certain untapped gem markets not widely known to the public?
Dec 31, 2015
180 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
izzyzz wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:12 pm
News and a massive move in AIS today (+31.65%). Did not expect it so soon but can't complain. I am up 80%+ in this play now. Haven't taken profits yet.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/the-ne ... nture.html

Sold some of my MOS and ACU holdings to buy more GGI this morning at $3.40 on another dip. It has recovered a bit by EOD, but may still see more volatility before the assays are released. Seeing lots of manipulation and retails getting fleeced, but I'm betting on assays being positive and holding. Eric Sprott continues to buy in the open market -- def a good sign though by no means a guarantee of positive outcome. Next week should be fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you look at any of the penny stock blockchain companies like LTV? Interested to hear your thoughts on those.
Jan 27, 2016
148 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lol well I don't like to call them penny stocks, sounds so shady like the OTC in the USA. Small caps seems much better Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

Anyways I have a group of 6 ppl that we all work together and research the crap out of financials. Honestly like I've told many people via PM, sedar is your best friend. Most investors are lazy, they just go with the flow. I used to trade like that and lost a lot, hence why I changed my style.

Read daily new financial released by companies and try to find the gems. That's really all it takes, now your never gonna hit 100% but if you can hit 6-7 out of 10 your gonna do well. I don't buy risky mining plays anymore as 99.9% of them fail, but they get tons of volume bc everyone wants to get rich over night.

Find plays that are cash flow or soon to be cash flow positive, low or resealable amounts of debt, high insider ownership and low share count.
greg123 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:58 am
you seem to do quiet bit of research on penny stocks, how do you do your research? what sites do you use? do you focus on the financials more vs certain untapped gem markets not widely known to the public?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5001 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
herculesmaxpower wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:47 am
Do you look at any of the penny stock blockchain companies like LTV? Interested to hear your thoughts on those.
I didn’t look at LTV specifically, but the sector is hot and you can definitely do well there. HIVE doesn’t look too bad at current sp. Some of my friends were buying today. I, personally, see a better opportunity in other plays at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5001 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Spotter101 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 6:09 am
I also hold MOS and ACU. If you believe in solar technology for the future, ACU could have a good run...they have a small float of 52 million shares and no debt. If eel MOS has great potential...they have high insider ownership, CEO owns 3.3 million shares himself and on the charts showing stock accumulation even when price was falling which I like to see...I suspect they may also be dealing with tax loss selling..perhaps good potential for the New Year.

I am curious what you like about GRV.
GRV, if they can cut a deal with Imperial Metals to use their mill, is easily a $1 stock. Everything else is in place, great access/infrastructure, no issues with First Nations, etc.. Like the risk/reward here given the low market cap. Looks like others are starting to notice it as well. Winking Face

My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS, MTS.
Dec 31, 2015
180 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
izzyzz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:40 pm
I didn’t look at LTV specifically, but the sector is hot and you can definitely do well there. HIVE doesn’t look too bad at current sp. Some of my friends were buying today. I, personally, see a better opportunity in other plays at the moment.
I'm hoping HIVE drops more. I really liked BTL back when it was about $2-3 but it's almost $7 now. Would you still recommend GGI?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5001 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
herculesmaxpower wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:55 pm
I'm hoping HIVE drops more. I really liked BTL back when it was about $2-3 but it's almost $7 now. Would you still recommend GGI?
Keep in mind that my views are affected by my price average and personal biases, so this is not a recommendation but just my take on it at the moment... I did add GGI on recent drop at 3.40 with my average now around $2 and I took profits in MTS which provide additional cushion against downside. Everything hinges on the assays which should be out this week according to IR. If positive, I can see it go to $20 by New Year. If they are below market expectations, it could easily drop to a $1. I am betting on positive outcome given all the available evidence so far and the pedigree of people involved. I have also consulted a couple of geo friends who like the risk/reward in this play. The period of volatility before the assays release is a good opportunity if you’re bullish imo, just be sure to play within your risk tolerance.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5001 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
I bought more GGI this morning and sold all my remaining MTS. There's no point worrying now. Bets are placed. Waiting on assays.

My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1026 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
izzyzz wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:24 am
I bought more GGI this morning and sold all my remaining MTS. There's no point worrying now. Bets are placed. Waiting on assays.

My current small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CCC, COR, DM, GGI, GRV, MOS.
GGI has been on FIRE!
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Nov 11, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
as per my post 3 days ago, big move on PKG today and with volume...more to come...
Jan 27, 2016
148 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seems like a lot of pumping on that stock...people keep mentioning amazon? where do we see that?

Quick look at their balance sheet its terrible and barely any assets or revenue?

Spotter101 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:18 pm
as per my post 3 days ago, big move on PKG today and with volume...more to come...
Nov 11, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
You could be right...I am basically going with what occurred the previous 2years...they had the same terrible balance sheets but the stock did well during the Christmas season...it is a small float so it does not take a lot to move as you saw it was up over 40% at one point today.