• Aug 15th, 2018 7:44 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 31, 2015
106 posts
19 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 6:53 pm
I will keep 50-100k shares longer term and if news is what me and my buddies expect, we should see this trade 7-10 cents is our guess.

If this happens, expect an assault on CAF.V. Did you see that NR? I will gladly bring my share count to 1.5 million and hold long term. Their next set of financials should show another 200k in profit plus waiting on one more big client signed up. I usually don’t like buying too much of one play, but if the market ignores and deals are to be had, I can’t say no Hushed Face

Oil will bounce back, I have a lot riding on KFG.V as it’s my second biggest holding. You gotta ask yourself, can I make more on other plays or hold on and try to break even? Opportunity cost either way
If MNY hits .07-.075 I'll probably sell.
I have been looking at CAF.V. but still on the fence as of now.
I agree oil will come back but if CVE gets anywhere over $13 I'm GONE!
Jan 27, 2016
778 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’m bidding for more mny as well, I hope we don’t get filled as I would like to see the asks start to get hit going into next week.
ontariobrent wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 7:04 pm
If MNY hits .07-.075 I'll probably sell.
I have been looking at CAF.V. but still on the fence as of now.
I agree oil will come back but if CVE gets anywhere over $13 I'm GONE!
Dec 31, 2015
106 posts
19 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 10:06 am
I’m bidding for more mny as well, I hope we don’t get filled as I would like to see the asks start to get hit going into next week.
Pretty quiet day for MNY.
Jan 27, 2016
778 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah very quiet. Management is off to Peru this weekend and we could get news early next week as per the email I got. Eventually people will need to start hitting the asks when volume dries up.

I would like another 150k at 3 cents if not I’ll hit the 100k at 3.5.
ontariobrent wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 3:59 pm
Pretty quiet day for MNY.
Jan 27, 2016
778 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Me and some of my guys spent hours emailing and researching about CAF.V deal they recently announced. It looks like it was far more significant than we first thought. See below on our research

So why would CAF do this? There's a very good reason and it explains this in their last MD&A and in this news release. In South Africa, there is a movement where they want companies owned by black individuals to be part of white companies. This is not mandatory but optional. If you get a certain amount of black employee's and companies to join your business, you get rated on levels. The key level is as mentioned by CAF, (Level 4). Once this is reached, a whole bunch of new opportunities actually open up to the company. If CAF is looking for more big industry players and they already have BHP Bhiliton and ArcelorMittal(both multi billion dollar companies) as stated on their website, then sky is the limit for this company.

Below is a link and list of new opportunities available once you get to this stage:

http://cenfed.co.za/benefits-bbbee-certificate/

Obtaining a Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) certificate for your company may seem like a lot of hard work, tedium and jumping through bureaucratic hoops – but it doesn’t have to be. A certificate can give you an edge over competitors and open up a lot of doors for business growth – and it might be easier to acquire than you think.

BBBEE policies are set out in the BBBEE Act (No. 53 of 2003) and reinforced by the Codes of Good Practice (last revised in 2015). Under this legislation, it is not compulsory for a business to obtain a BBBEE certificate – it is an entirely voluntary process. However, a certificate brings with it a lot of benefits – particularly for Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs). A QSE is a company that has an annual turnover of between R10 million and R50 million.

One of the biggest benefits of having a BBBEE certificate is being able to conduct business with government sectors (including municipalities) and public entities. A certificate allows a company to tender – and the higher the level of your certificate, the better your chances of winning. There are eight levels of BBBEE compliance, with Level 1 being the highest and most desirable.

Other advantages of having a BBBEE certificate include having a better chance of securing contracts with large companies and big industry names, because they are encouraged to do business with smaller BBBEE-compliant companies. A certificate allows you to participate as a supplier in the lucrative chain of preferential procurement.

A further benefit of having a BBBEE certificate is the impression it gives. A certificate shows that you care and that your business is committed to making a positive difference in socety. Remember that BBBEE policies are focussed on effecting transformation in the business world by empowering greater black economic participation. A BBBEE certificate can be promoted in your business’s marketing materials.

BBBEE certificates can be issued by verification agencies that are approved by the South African National Accreditation System or Independent Regulatory Body. Obtaining a certificate may not require special auditing – an affidavit may suffice. For example, a QSE that has 51% black ownership is automatically qualifies for Level 2 BBBEE status. If the ownership is 100% black, this grants Level 1 status.

Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs), which need to have annual turnover of less than R10 million, automatically acquire Level 4 status without needing any black ownership. Having black ownership immediately upgrades them to Level 1 status.

BBBEE certificates are valid for one year from the date of issue, and need to be renewed annually. Even though rules and regulations have become stricter with the policy changes that were introduced last year, it is still perfectly feasible to obtain a BBBEE certificate – and with all the benefits that having one brings, there is no good reason not to.

Original news release this week:

Canaf's South African subsidiary agrees to B-BBEE deal

2018-01-29 10:44 MT - News Release

Mr. Christopher Way reports
CANAF ANNOUNCES B-BBEE TRANSACTION FOR SOUTH AFRICAN SUBSIDIARY

Canaf Group Inc. has released the terms of its Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment, transaction for its South African subsidiary, Southern Coal Pty. Ltd.

As part of Southern Coal's continuing B-BBEE transformation program, Elkhat Pty. Ltd., a 100-per-cent black, privately owned company incorporated in South Africa, has agreed to acquire 30 per cent of the issued shares of Southern Coal, from Canaf's wholly owned subsidiary, Quantum Screening and Crushing Pty. Ltd., for the value of $1.8-million.

Quantum will, in return, receive cumulative, redeemable preference shares in Elkhat in the amount of the purchase price, $1.8-million. These preference shares shall provide preferential dividends, until redeemed by Elkhat. These dividends will be secured by an irrevocable direction from Elkhat to Southern Coal to pay Quantum such dividends from any distribution to Elkhat. The transaction will close on March 24, 2018.

Christopher Way, chief executive officer of Canaf, states: "It is my goal to ensure that Canaf, via its South African subsidiaries, expands and invests in South Africa and its neighbours. The agreement to sell 30 per cent of Southern Coal to Elkhat marks a significant and essential milestone in our B-BBEE transformation program; this program helps ensure sustainability and security for the corporation in South Africa, and subsequently only facilitates our long-term expansion goals in Southern Africa."

In addition to this transaction, Southern Coal is also pleased to confirm that it is well on track in ensuring that all other areas of its B-BBEE transformation plan, including its enterprise, socio-economic skills and supplier development programs are fully invested in so to ensure that the company reaches its desired level.

About Canaf Group Inc.

Canaf is a junior-mining-related group based in Vancouver, Canada, with subsidiary offices in the United Kingdom and South Africa. Canaf owns 100 per cent of Quantum Screening and Crushing Pty. Ltd., a South African-based company that owns 100 per cent of Southern Coal Pty. Ltd., a company that produces a high-carbon, devolatized anthracite.

We seek Safe Harbor.

© 2018 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5287 posts
1191 upvotes
GTA
BOT announces name change and ticker change. News flow about to begin, according to ceo.

https://ceo.ca/@newsfile/stompy-bot-ann ... ertainment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, BOT, CLM, CSR, GGI, IMR, WHM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 31, 2015
320 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hey Izzyzz what are you thoughts on GGI now? Are you optimistic still? I have GGI shares and I'm down 20% at this point.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5287 posts
1191 upvotes
GTA
I am very optimistic on GGI and hold a sizeable position. Technicals (RSI) show the stock is way oversold. The markets have generally been down quite a bit in recent days for most resource juniors, as well. Things will pick up as the drilling season commences. There's a possibility of surprise NRs/promos before then as well.
Jan 27, 2016
778 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ESV.V bought this last Friday at 5 cents, up 30% and looks like their deal is close to closing. Too bad didn’t buy more, easy money
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5105 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
herculesmaxpower wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 9:38 am
Hey Izzyzz what are you thoughts on GGI now? Are you optimistic still? I have GGI shares and I'm down 20% at this point.
Bought two weeks ago at $2.50, should have taken the 30% profit last week, now down 10%...
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5287 posts
1191 upvotes
GTA
greg123 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:02 pm
Bought two weeks ago at $2.50, should have taken the 30% profit last week, now down 10%...
You should decide what your strategy is and stick to it, IMO. I am down quite a bit in BOT (-35%) but still averaging down because my DD tells me it has potential to run into dollars. But also staying diversified with no single stock taking up more than 20% of the portfolio. You will have losers, there's no getting around it. The trick is to have winners compensate for any losses and make a decent profit.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5287 posts
1191 upvotes
GTA
Crazy week in the markets. I consolidated my picks a bit...

Out of WHM with a loss. Bought more AIS / BOT / CSR.

I believe CSR holds the most near-term potential with a name change coming in a few weeks that should put it onto the radar of many more cobalt investors. Cobalt prices are near all time high and the company's market cap is a fraction of its peers.

AIS was brought down by a combination of market correction and cheap paper coming online. It's a huge bargain at this price, IMO, and the main reason why I decided to cut my losses in WHM and roll the proceeds mostly into here. Their lithium project is solid and nothing has changed fundamentally. Drilling will begin shortly.

BOT is under pressure due to multiple factors (cryptos downturn / shorting / relative obscurity compared to peers) and may not have found the bottom yet, but I'm sticking with it.

My small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, BOT, CLM, CSR, GGI, IMR.
Last edited by izzyzz on Feb 1st, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2016
778 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Boring day overall, oil at around $66 wti was great to see though.

MNY.V is still holding at 3.5 cents, some buying today but looks like we might stay like this till news?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5287 posts
1191 upvotes
GTA
BOT is now officially known as PLAY. I like the ring of this new ticker tbh. :)

"CSE: 2018-0204 - Name and Symbol Change - Stompy Bot Corporation (BOT)

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Feb. 1, 2018) - Stompy Bot Corporation has announced a name change to Blocplay Entertainment Inc. Shares will begin trading under the new name and symbol on Friday, February 2, 2018.

Disclosure documents are available at www.thecse.com"

http://www.marketwired.com/press-releas ... 245370.htm

My small cap holdings: ACU, AIS, CLM, CSR, GGI, IMR, PLAY.
Feb 17, 2013
57 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
PAT. Patriot one stock. Weapons detection company from Mississauga.