Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8355 posts
2268 upvotes
GTA
Opened position in TPS @ .14.

CCW continues to look very strong as well, closed at .82 (+9.33%). PP closed and approved by the exchange.

A curious 385K cross-trade in GGI earlier today. :)

EDIT: Also added MOON at .08. Drilling news expected in August which should bring more eyes to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holdings: AIS, ART, CCW, GGI, MOON, PAS, PLAY, TPS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by izzyzz on Jul 27th, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Chinese investors plan $10-billion metallurgical complex in South Africa
South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa said at a joint news conference with Xi on Tuesday that China had committed to invest $14.7 billion in the South African economy, but neither leader mentioned the $10-billion complex
REUTERS | July 27, 2018, 17:31 IST
NewsletterA A

inShare

image: http://etimg.etb2bimg.com/photo/65165533.cms

Chinese investors plan $10-billion metallurgical complex in South AfricaJOHANNESBURG: Chinese investors signed agreements to build a $10-billion metallurgical complex in South Africa during President Xi Jinping's state visit this week and hope to start construction next year, an executive involved in the project and a provincial official told Reuters.

South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa said at a joint news conference with Xi on Tuesday that China had committed to invest $14.7 billion in the South African economy, but neither leader mentioned the $10 billion complex.

Ramaphosa is on a mission to kickstart economic growth after a decade of stagnation and is targeting $100 billion in new investment over five years.

The complex, which is still in the planning stage and envisages building a stainless steel plant, a ferrochrome plant and a silicomanganese plant, is a much-needed vote of confidence in the sputtering South African economy.

Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies said on Tuesday that China was considering a metallurgical project in a special economic zone (SEZ), but he did not reveal the scale of the project or timeframe.

The executive involved in the project, who did not wish to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media, said memoranda on the complex were signed before Xi and Ramaphosa gave news conference on Tuesday.

"The investors for the SEZ project were in the room when Ramaphosa and Xi spoke to the press," the executive said.

Richard Zitha, a project executive at the Musina-Makhado SEZ where the complex will be based, said the project was being led by Chinese state-owned companies, but he declined to name them.

He said the Chinese investors would look for Black Economic Empowerment partners to comply with South African rules designed to address racial disparities more than two decades after the end of apartheid.

The investors were open to investors from other countries joining at a later stage, he said.

"The investors have been in South Africa for around a week and have visited mines to look for inputs for the project," Zitha said.

The Musina-Makhado SEZ is in Limpopo province close to South Africa's borders with Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Botswana.

The SEZ plans to house plants with a capacity of 3 million tonnes per annum of stainless steel, 3 million tonnes per annum of ferrochrome and 500,000 tonnes per annum of silicomanganese. Those capacity targets are subject to change and will be finalised by the end of the year, the executive said.

A coal-fired power plant, coking plant and coal washery will be built alongside the metallurgical plants, a presentation prepared for investors showed.

Some of the steel output for the complex has been earmarked for export to China, while other products would be sold to countries in southern Africa, the executive said.

South Africa is already a major exporter of metal alloys to China.

Investors are hoping to receive the necessary environmental approvals by the end of March and would then start construction, Zitha said.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Now we know why CAF management has been trying so hard to get the black equity deal implemented quickly, see the underlined above.

CAF is in the right space at the right time, the Chinese need coking coal and its extremely rare!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
SSA financials out

$92,000 made on $470,000 in sales.

Great little company
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Check out SIC.V they hit 1 and i repeat 1 good gold hole and need to drill 12 more to see what they got....this is highly speculative because they are going to need tons of money and this stock will go boom or bust. Stock has been flying since i had it on my watch list, a lot of people will get burned by this
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Mr. David Watson reports

PLAINTREE SYSTEMS INC. RELEASES FISCAL 2018 AUDITED RESULTS

Plaintree Systems Inc. has just completed a profitable year.

The company filed today its audited consolidated financial statements and management's discussion and analysis for the year ended March 31, 2018.

For the year ended March 31, 2018, the company posted after-tax profit of $2,547,514 as compared with a loss of $2,639,634, and revenue of $19,005,680 as compared with revenue of $12,844,110 for fiscal 2017.

"Two thousand eighteen was an excellent year for Plaintree with sales increasing by 48 per cent. We are excited to announce that this dramatic sales growth, combined with the divestiture of the Firetrucks division, had earnings increase by over $5-million.

"It's important to explain that, starting in fiscal 2014 through fiscal 2016, the market for all of Plaintree's product lines were either stagnant or declining," said David Watson, Plaintree chief executive officer. "The mining industry went into almost complete hibernation, the aerospace industry began its cyclical move to offshore as much as possible and funding for fire trucks by municipalities continued to languish at lower-than-expected levels. This all began to change in fiscal 2017. Commodity prices finally began to recover, and the aerospace industry began its phase of reshoring its manufacturing.

"This has not only provided us with the excellent 2018 results, but also given us a favourable backlog to begin fiscal 2019."
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Only had 10k of NPT at 16 cents, wish I could have had more but so hard to accumulate...what a great play
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8355 posts
2268 upvotes
GTA
Eric Sprott added another 1.1 million GGI shares at $2.80 in a private transaction.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
28 cents now for NPT, damn I wish I could have accumulated way more...what a solid play
loopy1984 wrote: Only had 10k of NPT at 16 cents, wish I could have had more but so hard to accumulate...what a great play
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8355 posts
2268 upvotes
GTA
PLAY halted by regulators. This could be a long one, given the active BCSC investigation.

I sold some of my underperformers and bought more CCW @ 0.65 on today’s pullback.
Aug 2, 2018
1 posts
I like AMFE it's a multi subsidiary company trading at 2-3 x revs.

Snakes and Lattes is the main money making sub. They have 3 board game cafes in Toronto with u.s.a franchising and joint ventures just starting in the states. Tempe AZ will be the first company owned cafe in the states. Denver is next and a joint venture in Charlotte NC has been signed. They bought a game publishing company and have exclusive distribution rights to many of the top games including cards against humanity and exploding kittens with there newest game kill the unicorns slated to come to market this month.

Gro3 is another sub. They produce a ozone system used in the Medical cannabis industry.

https://www.gro3ozone.com/

Record revenues the last 18 months and positive net profits the last 2 years. They just decreased the AS by 300M.
https://agoracom.com/ir/AmfilTechnologies

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/AMFE/overview

If there newest game kill the unicorns doesnt 1/2 of what exploding kittens has done i'ts worth 25M just from that one game.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
35 cents now! wow, with one good gold hole!! So much cash still needs to be raised and they are years away from production.

SIC.V
Nov 7, 2012
208 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
Bought into SIC.V at 0.50.. hopefully this is a good pick
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
I wouldn't of touched that with a 10 foot pole, way too speculative. If those other drill results don't come back the same as the first one, it will come crashing down.
1337SAUCe wrote: Bought into SIC.V at 0.50.. hopefully this is a good pick
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
I hope y'all don't still own this pile of poop

Blocplay terminates executive agreement with McMullin

2018-08-08 08:10 ET - News Release

Mr. James Hutton reports

BLOCPLAY ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT

Blocplay Entertainment Inc. has terminated its executive agreement with Vince McMullin, chief technology officer of Blocplay Entertainment, effective immediately. The company will be conducting a search for a replacement chief technology officer, which will be completed before the annual general meeting of shareholders scheduled for Sept. 28, 2018.

The current Board of Directors of the Company consists of Messrs. Raymond Gigliotti and Alex Powell. The current management of the Company consists of Messrs. James Hutton (interim CEO), Alex Powell (CFO), Mathieu Glaude (CPO), Alexandre Sanhaji (COO) and Jay Dawani (CMTO).

The Company wishes to remind its shareholders that it has called its annual shareholders meeting for September 28, 2018, and will shortly be mailing out to shareholders its management proxy circular setting forth, among other matters, the bios and details of all Directors that are being nominated for shareholder approval to serve as Directors. The Company is actively seeking additional qualified independent Directors for nomination.

Upon completion of the Company's upcoming shareholders meeting and the appointment of the new Board of Directors by shareholders, the Company will undertake an executive search for a full time Chief Executive Officer. The Company also anticipates seeking additional financing after the shareholders meeting.

While current management is working to execute on the Company's stated business objectives, the Company is not aware of any material undisclosed information at this time.

Trading in the Company's common shares on the CSE has been suspended by the CSE due to the Company not having a third director nor a properly constituted audit committee (which requires two of three audit committee members being independent). The Company is actively seeking to rectify these deficiencies, it should be noted, however, that lifting the trading suspension remains at the discretion of the CSE.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
wow AAT just hit 8 cents! I bet they raise money now around these levels
Nov 7, 2012
208 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
loopy1984 wrote: wow AAT just hit 8 cents! I bet they raise money now around these levels
It dropped back down to 0.045. Would you say its a good price to buy in ?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Nope, I would wait. They need money and I expect a PP coming up...I would be a buyer under 4 if that happens
1337SAUCe wrote: It dropped back down to 0.045. Would you say its a good price to buy in ?