• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 10:57 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
Is there a mining stock which can be a double bagger in 6 months time? I know there are no gurantees and no one can predict the future.

But something a calculated risk might take you there with minimum risk.
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:15 am
from 26 cents to 1 cents...pure pump and dump, always look at the balance sheet of any company you invest in, before you put in a $ of your hard earned money

I don't think people realize how hard it is and how few company's on the CSE and Venture exchange actually turn profits, have clean balance sheets and aren't bloated (share count) are to find. They are few and far between but the cream always rises to the top.
What are your Top 5 mining picks ? With strong fundamentals and are not just pump and dumps?

I have a 6 month to 1 year time frame. A double bagger is enough for me, not looking for a 10 bagger or anything.

I know pennies are risky, and I can lose my shirt on it. But looking for some research done by you on what you think are the Top 5 right now according to you.

I will do my due deligence too.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
99.99% of small cap mining stocks are pure junk so I don’t have a list of 5 I like.

I’m only invested in 2 AXM and CAF, both have nice upsides and clean balance sheets
nursecvh wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 1:03 am
What are your Top 5 mining picks ? With strong fundamentals and are not just pump and dumps?

I have a 6 month to 1 year time frame. A double bagger is enough for me, not looking for a 10 bagger or anything.

I know pennies are risky, and I can lose my shirt on it. But looking for some research done by you on what you think are the Top 5 right now according to you.

I will do my due deligence too.
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 8:49 am
99.99% of small cap mining stocks are pure junk so I don’t have a list of 5 I like.

I’m only invested in 2 AXM and CAF, both have nice upsides and clean balance sheets
AXM as in Axmin Inc and CAF as in Canaf Investment Inc on TSX Venture Inc ??

Can you give me a brief DD on both of them, and where you see them in 6 months to 1 year. Or a link, where I can do my own DD.

And if today is the right entry point for both of them or should I wait.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Check back a few pages I go in detail on both.

AXM is a gold play in Central African Republic that is close to getting their multi million ounce deposit back
CAF is a coking coal play from SA that is soon to announce new sectors its getting into, my belief is the new sectors to go along with the coking coal, will be gold and or diamond mine

I don;t like putting values on what I think they will be worth
nursecvh wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 6:23 pm
AXM as in Axmin Inc and CAF as in Canaf Investment Inc on TSX Venture Inc ??

Can you give me a brief DD on both of them, and where you see them in 6 months to 1 year. Or a link, where I can do my own DD.

And if today is the right entry point for both of them or should I wait.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pretty awesome article from the UN about the stability of CAR, I am pretty confident now AXM will be back on the claim this year.

MOSCOW (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 06th November, 2018) The Central African Republic (CAR) has reached a level of stability that makes it possible to "envisage the dialogue" among the conflicting parties in the country, Parfait Onanga-Anyanga, the head of the UN Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA), told Sputnik.

"I'd say that the country has been generally stabilized. There is a relatively acceptable level of stability, which allows us to envisage the dialogue. This did not reduce the pockets of tension, here and there, and the presence of the military groups, which still have relative influence on the zones important for the country. This requires the continuation of the efforts to be able to convince each other that peace in the country would be profitable for everyone," Onanga-Anyanga, who serves as the UN Special Representative for the CAR, said.

The UN special envoy stressed that there were a number of initiatives helping promote peace, such as programs against community violence as well as youth projects. Onanga-Anyanga conceded that there still was a risk that violence might flare up again.

"We cannot deny it; it is a real risk.

But we put in place a mechanism to secure the state, which allows us today to maintain the balance," the MINUSCA head said.

Onanga-Anyanga stressed that the peace process in the CAR was "a long-term work."

'What we should avoid thinking is, firstly, that there will be a rapid solution, which will sort out the problem. It's not true, it doesn't exist. Secondly, think that there will be only military solution. The state is still very weak; we need to help it get back on its feet, which will require long-term investments," the UN special envoy said.

Onanga-Anyanga added that the international community would need to remain united and committed to a common vision of "helping the reconstruction of the state."

"We need the international community to agree to invest in the CAR in the long-term; we will not resolve the crisis in the CAR in three, five years," the MINUSCA head said.

Since 2012, the CAR has been gripped by an internal conflict involving the government and armed militias.

MINUSCA was established in 2014 to promote disarmament and demobilization and to promote human rights in the conflict-torn country.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WOW!!!

TNA just released Q3 numbers, 1.8 mil net income for the Q

What a bloody cash machine, crazy numbers. Me and my investment guys no longer own any TNA as we moved all that money in AXM. But If tna actually did PR work, it would trade in the 50's!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Axmin Inc. Insider/Institutional Holdings Breakdown (86,044,712 / 134 million common shares = 64.2%)

Mutual Funds
PGIM Jennison Natural Resources Fund 666,158
USAA Precious Metals and Minerals Fund 200,000

Institutional Holdings
Dickson Resources Limited British Virgin Islands 45,000,000
Shanghai Shenglin Trading Co., Ltd. China 20,000,000
AOG Holdings BV (3)The Netherlands 15,001,938
Consulting Group (October 10th 2018 News) 3,460,000

Director Holdings Common Shares - Does Not Include Options
David De Jongh Weill 1,716,616

Total Insider/Institutional Holdings: 86,044,712

Approximately 8 mil total options still outstanding and 0 warrants

Of that approx 48 mil shares outstanding/free trading, I know of 10 million that is being held by me and some of my trading buddies, which we have long term aspirations on this play. So if new buyers come in when we get our claim back, your looking at 38-40 mil shares actually available to buy. That’s peanuts and buyers would have to push the price up significantly to get a decent position.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RNX Q3 out and they lost 7.5 mil...They had that big pump after they discovered that massive chunk of gold, but still can't make money
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
More insider buys on CAF.V

Nov 14/18 Nov 14/18 Way, Christopher Robert Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 100,000 $0.080
Oct 24/18 Oct 24/18 Way, Christopher Robert Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 93,000 $0.080
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
6288 posts
1579 upvotes
GTA
More free promo for CCW on taxpayers’ dime... lol

Last edited by izzyzz on Nov 21st, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CAF.V insider back on the buy today...With the tight float getting even tighter with more insiders buying shares, any news on the new sector/sectors the company is getting into will make this run very nicely.

Fingers crossed Chris gets us in a gold play, either way I trust his judgement
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bloodbath out there, seems the only plays keeping firm are the cash flow positive plays with solid balance sheets and tight floats.

CAF recent insider buys below

Filing
Date Transaction
Date Insider Name Ownership
Type Securities Nature of transaction Volume or Value Price
Nov 16/18 Nov 16/18 Way, Christopher Robert Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 90,000 $0.085
Nov 14/18 Nov 14/18 Way, Christopher Robert Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 100,000 $0.080
Oct 24/18 Oct 24/18 Way, Christopher Robert Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 93,000 $0.080

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)