[Canadian Tire] 100$ discount on Cuisinart kitchen faucet

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 8:57 am
[OP]
Apr 22, 2016
28 posts
41 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] 100$ discount on Cuisinart kitchen faucet

100$ discount on several models of Cuisinart kitchen faucet. Around 9 models. Normal price 229-259$. Discount price 129$-159$.
Not sure about the quality of those products, but seems a good deal.
Images
12 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4269 posts
712 upvotes
Kitchener
Decent quality, I have the brushed Nixi for 3 years and finish still looks like new. It was $119 back then. The $100 off is a monthly discount for these at Can Tire, so don't rush to get one if you don't need it now
Mar 7, 2011
744 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how loud the water flow is in the house when using these faucets? I bought a Delta one a few years ago and it's so loud, every time we use the faucet. Then had to replace it with a Köhler one which didn't cause that noise.
Just moved into a new house and wonder if these Cuisinart faucets are good. Anyone??
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2036 posts
1107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kayceedee wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:22 am
I wonder how loud the water flow is in the house when using these faucets? I bought a Delta one a few years ago and it's so loud, every time we use the faucet. Then had to replace it with a Köhler one which didn't cause that noise.
Just moved into a new house and wonder if these Cuisinart faucets are good. Anyone??
The noise is usually caused by pipe vibration. It's possible that the difference in flow speed between the Delta and Köhler just happened to be enough to avoid the noise in that particular situation, and if that's the case then it's also possible that replacing the last couple feet of solid copper pipe with flexible braided hose would also have solved the problem. Another solution is to install a water hammer arrestor, which also mitigates vibration from water pressure that can cause pipe noise (Google both "water hammer arrestor" and "water hammer arrester" because it's spelled both ways).

Re: whether the Cuisinart faucet is good: I'd say no based on the one I installed for a friend. It seems to work well enough but it has a very cheap, shoddy look and feel compared to other brands in its price range.
Mar 7, 2011
744 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
OakAged wrote:
May 15th, 2017 5:37 pm
The noise is usually caused by pipe vibration. It's possible that the difference in flow speed between the Delta and Köhler just happened to be enough to avoid the noise in that particular situation, and if that's the case then it's also possible that replacing the last couple feet of solid copper pipe with flexible braided hose would also have solved the problem. Another solution is to install a water hammer arrestor, which also mitigates vibration from water pressure that can cause pipe noise (Google both "water hammer arrestor" and "water hammer arrester" because it's spelled both ways).

Re: whether the Cuisinart faucet is good: I'd say no based on the one I installed for a friend. It seems to work well enough but it has a very cheap, shoddy look and feel compared to other brands in its price range.
Many thanks for your comments.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7062 posts
1279 upvotes
Brampton
I wouldn't get any fixtures at Canadian Tire. I can't speak about this particular model but I've been burned before.
Most of the fixtures sold at Canadian Tire are specially made for CT by Globe(read junk), just rebranded to Cuisinart, Danze, Peerless. etc. The warranty is terrible (they run out of replacement parts to send out and you're SOL manytimes) and it's hard to find replacement cartridges anywhere else.

If you need to buy from CT stick with Moen. I pretty much stick with Moen and Pfster exclusively because of their warranties and started to avoid Delta as well when they made their warranty change around 18 months ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2751 posts
1083 upvotes
Canada
The words "quality" and "Canadian Tire" do not belong together.