Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$23.93. [In store clearance] Daiwa Crossfire 2-Piece Medium/Light Spin Combo, 6.5-ft

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2017 4:17 pm
Nov 27, 2014
239 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Unfortunately here in Alberta, very few stores have the Revros. And a few that do, are at full price ($99) here in and around Calgary.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2654 posts
1789 upvotes
Edmonton
Sherwood Park has both deals. Bought two Berkleys, better combo IMHO. Was on the shelf at $99, rang through at sale price.
Smoking good deal, thanks OP!!
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Nov 19, 2011
204 posts
81 upvotes
London
I picked up one of each a few minutes ago and both look good for that kind of money. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
globalstar66 wrote: Unfortunately here in Alberta, very few stores have the Revros. And a few that do, are at full price ($99) here in and around Calgary.
country hills has the revros for $50
Nov 27, 2014
239 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary, AB
T3rry wrote: country hills has the revros for $50
T3rry - I see you first said that Mackenzie had 3 - they have none!! Then you changed to say Country Hills has it for $50 / that $50 one is in fact the REEL only - not the combo rod and reel - thanks for trying anyway. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
globalstar66 wrote: T3rry - I see you first said that Mackenzie had 3 - they have none!! Then you changed to say Country Hills has it for $50 / that $50 one is in fact the REEL only - not the combo rod and reel - thanks for trying anyway. :)
yeah i didn't realise what a revros was, i was looking at the one in the OP. CT doesnt even list a revros combo.
Nov 27, 2014
239 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary, AB
No worries - the reason they don't show the combo, is because the store you have "chosen" as your store, does not have it. If you change your "preferred store" to say EDMONTON WINDERMERE, AB - you'll see they have 2 in stock as of right now, but you can only do a pick-up at that store if you order online - they don't ship and don't send to other stores. No stores near Calgary has it for $35. Cochrane has lots of them, but all for $99 each.
Dec 12, 2010
36 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Me too. Picked both from Kingston Road in Scarborough. Stock says one of each left.
morganplus8 wrote: I picked up one of each a few minutes ago and both look good for that kind of money. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
joycagta wrote: Me too. Picked both from Kingston Road in Scarborough. Stock says one of each left.
make that three - one of each.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1953 posts
829 upvotes
Thanks OP. PIcked up two Berkley and one Daiwa.
Still one Daiwa left at CT - Appleby Line in Burlington.
Sep 23, 2003
678 posts
228 upvotes
Don't go fishing myself - would these make good gifts for friends that enjoys fishin? are the daiwa's (crossfire or the revros mentioned in thread) entry level/beaters type rods?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
antzz wrote: Don't go fishing myself - would these make good gifts for friends that enjoys fishin? are the daiwa's (crossfire or the revros mentioned in thread) entry level/beaters type rods?
Entry level, if your friends fish already then its not likely better than what they have. I have bought the Daiwa reel alone for about $30, solid reel although I find the bail arm can come down easier than most, it doesn click when its up. Berkley makes ok accessories and entry level rods, but i'd never use a berkley reel lol that guaranteed junk. Personally i'd stay away from the berkley, a cheap rod can be used just fine, a cheap reel will ruin your day with frustration.

FYI you can get extra spools from Daiwa for $5 each, just gotta call them.

In general all combo's are entry level, higher quality gear will never come bundled. I started with cheap gear and quickly saw the difference after you start using it regularly, i now have over a dozen reels now and twice that many rods...
Jun 16, 2012
452 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto. ON
These are decent reels which id definitely recommend on this price point, if I didn't have so much equipment that I hardly use, I'd jump on these. The 7'2" is perfect if you're drop shotting. Mainly you want to check the bail, by opening it and closing it a few times. Pitch it if the bail seems to hard to set, or easy to close. Seen same model react differently at store menu times. I've had $40 Daiwa Caprice and Shimano Sienna out perform and out abuse $120 reels. Same with a baitcaster i had that the braking got worse and worse over time as compared to the 2 models under. Sometimes you get lucky on the wear and tear, sometimes you don't.. For the most part today there is very little increase in quality in reels under $100, years back it was a gigantic difference. Manufacturers have had to put our a better quality reel to "lure" people into buying new reels, and retiring their still usable 30-40 yo Mitchell 300s and Cardinals. Also, there is a small resurgence on fibreglass blanks, I've been stashing then for the last 10 years, as like most, I was getting sick of snapping tips of mostly IM-7 graphite rods.
Last edited by DealyMcCheapskate on Oct 26th, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2003
678 posts
228 upvotes
how often would a fishing hobbyist go about swapping reels/rods? just wondering....
sounds like a good reel is better gift than a combo than? seems like CT has some of those too
Jun 16, 2012
452 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto. ON
antzz wrote: how often would a fishing hobbyist go about swapping reels/rods? just wondering....
sounds like a good reel is better gift than a combo than? seems like CT has some of those too
Depends on how much you want to piss off your wife lol. When I was a little punk, I had a $40 combo (2500 size Abu Garcia reel, the lowest end 6'6" Shimano rod and 8lb no name brand line) that I'd pull in countless Salmon and Rainbow (mind you with constant soakers) which was a million times more fun than now that I can afford to deck myself out with the proper equipment. At 10 yo most of us had 1 or two rods that we bought ourselves and learned to fish many species, as compared to today where I see what some kids fish it's astonishing. No paper route could afford such stuff lol, but mano a mano, I'd put the worst of ours fishing skill against the best of today's, any day.

Long story short, rod/reel is about 1/4 of the battle, if not less
Jun 16, 2012
452 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto. ON
antzz wrote: Don't go fishing myself - would these make good gifts for friends that enjoys fishin? are the daiwa's (crossfire or the revros mentioned in thread) entry level/beaters type rods?
Hard to say if they'd make good gifts, it all depends what type and size equipment they already have. Meaning these are mainly bass/walleye rods which they might already have many of.
Some can't have enough of the same fishing combo though, so .....
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
antzz wrote: how often would a fishing hobbyist go about swapping reels/rods? just wondering....
Alot. Different rod and line for different jobs. It's nice when you are on the water to have a couple combos ready tied up with different baits so that you can switch without wasting time.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Great deal. I picked up 2 for myself and my son to get us back into fishing. Thanks OP!