Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$49.99 for Synthetic, $24.99 for Conventional Oil Change While You Shop, No Appointment Necessary!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 12:11 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
smeean wrote: Because I already paid the $65 safety fee and fixed the issue they told me to. They need to be the one to pass it. When I brought it back that day they told me it had to be the same mechanic that did the safety to check over the work and that he was done his shift and was back on Tuesday so it was just easier for me to leave the car there then to keep going back and fourth. It was actually better that I did the repair so quickly. If I waited that allowable 30 days to bring it back he might of forgotten it was the right side instead of the left side. It was being safetied to sell so I wasn't too worried about the car lol
Never noticed your in wpg, What location? I know my wife went in for a flat tire fermor location as it was close to her office and they took an hour and 30 minutes then told her they fixed the flat but the vehicle was dangerous,needed like $1200 worth of stuff and labor. (funny cause it was a 2 month old safety from dealer) I then took vehicle back to dealer everything was good so went to canadian tire with letter from dealer stating nothing they said was wrong was wrong.and then there manager said o sorry we had 2 of the same vehicles in the shop and made a mistake. After 20 minutes there i ended up calling canadiantire head office to put complaint in and 2 days later we got a call from the store manager offering my wife $100 service next time she comes there.She said no way.Head office called us back she she was mailing us a $100 gift card for the store.

Dont know why anyone goes there for auto service,1 of 20 have an ok experience
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Oct 28, 2013
295 posts
309 upvotes
Saskatoon
TomLafinsky wrote: I went Costco to have them installed new tires. They made a small mistake and then I had the mechanic lying to me and the manager of the tire shop tried to bully me to accept it. Totally disgusted and never went back. So two words: NO Costco.
Need details about 'small mistake' before I call bull shit.
Tire replacement at any Costco I've ever been to is a 100% by the book procedure......whether you agree to their procedure or not (for the past 10 years, I've had at least 4 vehicles going there for summer/winter swaps and full replacements).
Post details.
Jul 10, 2014
107 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto, ON
realBIGmike wrote: The one time I went to Canadian tire it was to brush my rims to stop a slow tire leak. A couple guys called me in to the shop and pointed down at my wheel lugs. They said the hub studs were stripped and it would cost $1,000 to change them so they can safely attach my tire again. I was totally surprised and said I would need to talk to my wife before dumping that kind of cash so I could get out of there.

They put the wheel back on. I picked up my car after paying the wheel rim brushing and went home, a bit concerned and confused. Maybe my wheels were going to fall off? A few months later I got a wheel rotation at a tire shop and asked if anything was wrong with my wheel studs, and the guy kind of laughed and asked, WTF?? Yeah it was a unbelievably ridiculous scam from Canadian Tire. I think the reason there were 2 of them telling me about my wheel studs is because the main guy was trying to show the younger guy how to scam and have a laugh.
RichardK487 wrote:
That’s a good point. I’ve also experienced “the printer isn’t working”, or “it’s out of ink” when having diagnostics done at CT. They don’t do the diagnostics and then fabricated issues, or charge for problems that aren’t even diagnosed.

Even with all the issues I’ve experienced at CT (until I finally smartened up), I still wasn’t as bad off as the guy who came into the Oshawa North CT when I was sitting waiting (and waiting) a few years back. Apparently he just had his tires changed at that Canadians Tire, and the tire came off and caused an accident! He was screaming rather vigorously at the service manager. I’ve also noticed that they never use a torque wrench, and just use impact guns to put on wheels. Horrible practice.
BriantheTan wrote: last time my mom went to canadian tire for her winter tire installation they ended "losing" two of her car's hubcaps. my mom didnt noticed they were missing until you she got out her car after arriving to work. when my dad and I went back to that canadian tire that evening to question about it, they claimed they were on the tires when my mom left and insisted that they must've fallen off while driving. right. sure.
williamsauga wrote: Avoid Canadian Tire like a plague.

I stop going there after two incidents:
- Lost couple of lugnuts during tire rotation.
- Overfill during oil change, and caused damaged to the engine

You've been warned.
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I have personally never had any work done to my car at Canadian tire however I do remember a story some people I work with talking about what happened to them. One story stuck out where they went in for IIRC an oil change and also a tire patch and rotation.

Well that tire was rotating all right because one tire came right off the lugnuts during a turn and while they were driving. Thankfully this was on the streets and not the highway. Turned out the shop also forgot to put the oil stick back in the car. The road they were driving on was rough with patches and potholes as I was told so they didn't think the wheels had a problem then.
DreamSanctuary wrote: Haha, never done any mechanical work/repairs at Canadian Tire as I have family with bodyshops, but I got an interesting story.

So, I've worked in insurance before. I got a call from an insured claiming their tire fell off while they were driving. No collision, not flat, just fell off and the car lost control and hit the concrete barrier on the side of the 401 after his tire fell off. I asked him if he had any work on that tire recently. He said he got a tire change at Canadian tire a few days ago. Having never went to Canadian Tire for any services, I doubted that would be the cause. Nonetheless, I told him to go to his local Canadian Tire and see if they would cover the damages (unlikely, because the car was a write off). He said he tried to, and they wouldn't. He had to claim through insurance, AF, and his insurance probably doubled because he did a tire change at Canadian Tire. At the time I thought it was a coincidence, but... reading this thread, that might have actually been the cause. Yikes!

Approx. 10 yrs ago I was riding my bike when I noticed a car making a left hand turn into a strip mall parking lot. As the driver was making their turn, I heard something loud. I look in the direction of where that unusual sound came from & lo & behold the a tire had somehow come loose. It rolled away for a distance.

Thank GOD, it did not cause any accidents & no one was hurt, but I imagine it did badly surprise + rudely shock the driver.

The strip mall where the driver was making their turn into had a CT with auto service, gas bar + car wash.

My opinion was driver was probably going back to CT to complain about something. Unfortunately, the driver did not make it to CT before something crazy & unexpected occurred.

Now there is no hard evidence on what may cause the tire to suddenly fall off. But the coincidence this incident occurs approx. 150 m from a CT?

You decide on what factors led up to this horror story.

If this incident had happened on the expressways, I do not want to even think of what would have happened.
Dec 25, 2019
1 posts
I always assumed brand name mechanics were good mechanics, but my friend had his brakes done there the other month and complained about a noise.
He brought it to an independent shop and it turned out his caliper guide pins weren't properly greased so his brakes would get stuck at times.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)