Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] $49.99 for Synthetic, $24.99 for Conventional Oil Change While You Shop, No Appointment Necessary!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 12:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8865 posts
3927 upvotes
smeean wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 5:25 am
I'd like to contribute to this thread. I recently took my car in to get it safetied certified. (Only shop open on Saturdays). They told me I needed a the driver side inner tie rod for it to pass. Which they wanted 3 hrs of labor time and then they suggested I do the outer tie rod as well at the same time which they would only charge me 0.5hrs of labor time. I've done suspension work before so I was well aware you have to remove the outer tie rod first before you take the inner tie rod off. So I guess it's takes 0.5 hrs to take the new outer tie rod out of the box it comes in? Lol. Anyways I took the car back picked up the parts from part source and installed them myself in about an hour. Took the car back to cdn tire and left it for them to check. Didn't get a call back so I called them a couple of days later and they said oh the mechanic is looking at it right now. They call me back a hour later and say "oh sorry we wrote down the wrong side it was actually the passenger side inner tie rod that needed changing' they offered to install the passenger side one free of charge if I paid for the parts. I wasn't having any of that so after going down there and talking to probably 4 "managers" who all said no to covering the cost of the part because I didn't get the work done there. I finally convinced them when i threatened to go to CBC lol. So after an hour of arguing they covered a whopping $95 See-no-evil Monkey. Moral of the story...dont take your car to crappy tire!
You say you only took it there because there only open on a Saturday but then left it there for a few days why not just wait to monday and go somewhere better lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Feb 3, 2012
103 posts
44 upvotes
WINNIPEG
blazed16 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:04 am

You say you only took it there because there only open on a Saturday but then left it there for a few days why not just wait to monday and go somewhere better lol
Because I already paid the $65 safety fee and fixed the issue they told me to(the wrong side). They need to be the one to pass it. When I brought it back that day they told me it had to be the same mechanic that did the safety to check over the work and that he was done his shift and was back on Tuesday so it was just easier for me to leave the car there then to keep going back and fourth. It was actually better that I did the repair so quickly. If I waited that allowable 30 days to bring it back he might of forgotten it was the right side instead of the left side. It was being safetied to sell so I wasn't too worried about the car lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8865 posts
3927 upvotes
smeean wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:13 am
Because I already paid the $65 safety fee and fixed the issue they told me to. They need to be the one to pass it. When I brought it back that day they told me it had to be the same mechanic that did the safety to check over the work and that he was done his shift and was back on Tuesday so it was just easier for me to leave the car there then to keep going back and fourth. It was actually better that I did the repair so quickly. If I waited that allowable 30 days to bring it back he might of forgotten it was the right side instead of the left side. It was being safetied to sell so I wasn't too worried about the car lol
Never noticed your in wpg, What location? I know my wife went in for a flat tire fermor location as it was close to her office and they took an hour and 30 minutes then told her they fixed the flat but the vehicle was dangerous,needed like $1200 worth of stuff and labor. (funny cause it was a 2 month old safety from dealer) I then took vehicle back to dealer everything was good so went to canadian tire with letter from dealer stating nothing they said was wrong was wrong.and then there manager said o sorry we had 2 of the same vehicles in the shop and made a mistake. After 20 minutes there i ended up calling canadiantire head office to put complaint in and 2 days later we got a call from the store manager offering my wife $100 service next time she comes there.She said no way.Head office called us back she she was mailing us a $100 gift card for the store.

Dont know why anyone goes there for auto service,1 of 20 have an ok experience
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Oct 28, 2013
54 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatoon
TomLafinsky wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:42 am
I went Costco to have them installed new tires. They made a small mistake and then I had the mechanic lying to me and the manager of the tire shop tried to bully me to accept it. Totally disgusted and never went back. So two words: NO Costco.
Need details about 'small mistake' before I call bull shit.
Tire replacement at any Costco I've ever been to is a 100% by the book procedure......whether you agree to their procedure or not (for the past 10 years, I've had at least 4 vehicles going there for summer/winter swaps and full replacements).
Post details.