Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$523.99, Sharp 50” UHD 4K smart TV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 2:17 pm
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
171 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] $523.99, Sharp 50” UHD 4K smart TV

Saw this on this week’s flyer, seems like a good deal. No revirews yet, only find the similar model on the US Best Buy, and the reviews are quite good.
Here’s the link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-50-c ... Id=5746805
Images
  • D25D844D-8FED-41F9-AB24-305C01CBD6E2.jpeg
13 replies
Nov 13, 2017
77 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
It is listed for $499 in vanc
Images
  • 2018-10-25_8-08-15.jpg
money can sometimes buy happiness.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
wjfu7785 wrote: Disappointed But Relieved Face
It's more expensive in vancouver.
Canadiantire handles provinces differently. His price is excluding 28$ environment fees, while quebec includes the 24$ to our pricing. Overall we pay 4$ less compared to ppl in vancouver.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
azn0Richard0 wrote: It's more expensive in vancouver.
Canadiantire handles provinces differently. His price is excluding 28$ environment fees, while quebec includes the 24$ to our pricing. Overall we pay 4$ less compared to ppl in vancouver.
Really? Our sales tax is 12% yours is 14.975%.. how does that compare in the overall price?

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Nov 18, 2006
659 posts
320 upvotes
No, I don't have a time machine, but assuming these are the same Sharp (hisense) 4K's that were on sale at RCSS in Sept , the 50" were $449 and $90 worth of PC points -- so this isn't a great deal...
Nov 18, 2006
659 posts
320 upvotes
wjfu7785 wrote: Saw this on this week’s flyer, seems like a good deal. No revirews yet, only find the similar model on the US Best Buy, and the reviews are quite good.
Here’s the link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-50-c ... Id=5746805
And I didn't dig that deep into the model at CTC , but your reference from BB USA is a "Roku tv" version, which are better than the budget models that RCSS/CTC/Walmart etc. The cheap Sharps that have deals recently are rebadged HISENSE (althought the ROKU ones likely built by them too) -- the interface and features of the Roku models are superior...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
newfbc wrote: Really? Our sales tax is 12% yours is 14.975%.. how does that compare in the overall price?

Ron.
Forgot we got screwed with sales taxes.
Don't know all the provinces sales taxes off the top of my head and it becomes ingrained with nearly everything that you buy that you often shrug it off comparing things.
Course you'd realize when I spoke I was talking about the price pre-taxed....
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
171 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
mathomas wrote: And I didn't dig that deep into the model at CTC , but your reference from BB USA is a "Roku tv" version, which are better than the budget models that RCSS/CTC/Walmart etc. The cheap Sharps that have deals recently are rebadged HISENSE (althought the ROKU ones likely built by them too) -- the interface and features of the Roku models are superior...
Thanks for the info, I couldn’ find the model on CT’s website, and that one on the US Best Buy website was the only similar one I could find; thought someone might be able to give more insights about this one that CT is selling.
Nov 18, 2006
659 posts
320 upvotes
I'm guessing these are not the Roku models since it doesn't list it on the CTC site. If you compare the screenshots , it looks like the construction and interface of the LC-50N6003U, not the LC-50LBU591C (Roku).

If it was a ROKU it might be worth it - but yes, it depends on specific model offered by CTC - which I would assume are the cheaper models typical of non-electronics stores...

Lots of info on expired offer here and here ...
Oct 27, 2009
219 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
Model is LC-50N6003U per the Canadian Tire website.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Just be sure to clear the return/exchange policy of your local CT BEFORE purchasing this, since stores are independently operated the return policy on electronics will vary by store.
While I haven't had any major issues in the branches I frequent there is lots of horror stories well documented in various threads here.