1629 posts
2025 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] $6.99 8-Cup Glass Coffee Press

7 replies
Dec 10, 2012
719 posts
352 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have 2, works well, I use it for loose tea.

CT always has these on sale.

Lowest price for french press anywhere I have found.
Mar 6, 2005
441 posts
83 upvotes
There is a french press at Dollarama at $4. Looks similar and its glass.
I don't think it comes with the coffee scoop.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6695 posts
2481 upvotes
Calgary
DNAv5 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 9:56 pm
There is a french press at Dollarama at $4. Looks similar and its glass.
I don't think it comes with the coffee scoop.
The Dollarama one probably is smaller.
Mar 7, 2011
94 posts
80 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought this 5 months ago for that price and it's been excellent. Make sure when you pick one up, get the one that has the thickest glass on the spout. I had to return the first one I bought because the glass was uneven, really thin especially in one spot on the spout and it had chipped.

I chose the one I have now and I've been very careful washing it. I also swish around hot tap water in it before pouring in the boiling water because I'm afraid of it exploding on me. I feel like the people who have had french presses explode on them put boiling water in them when they're cold
May 22, 2013
45 posts
16 upvotes
Ontario
gmih7470 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:01 am
I bought this 5 months ago for that price and it's been excellent. Make sure when you pick one up, get the one that has the thickest glass on the spout. I had to return the first one I bought because the glass was uneven, really thin especially in one spot on the spout and it had chipped.

I chose the one I have now and I've been very careful washing it. I also swish around hot tap water in it before pouring in the boiling water because I'm afraid of it exploding on me. I feel like the people who have had french presses explode on them put boiling water in them when they're cold
Good tip. I always let mine cool down before rinsing just in case as well. Also heating water in the microwave to a temperature so it doesn't superheat (boiling water were the bubbles get trapped till its moved) to avoid that explosion. The video shows distilled water but this issue could still happen with non distilled liquids.