Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] canadian tire: $9.99 for 0.5l and 1l arcosteel stainless steel thermal vacuum flask

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2005 12:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
304 posts
1 upvote
toronto

[Canadian Tire] canadian tire: $9.99 for 0.5l and 1l arcosteel stainless steel thermal vacuum flask

just got one from ct, seems a good price to me... :cheesygri
12 replies
Jun 30, 2004
480 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Can't find it online. Is this available only at stores?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
2889 posts
323 upvotes
GTEH!
FWIW: Be careful!! Bought a couple of these when they were on sale awhile back. started to use 1 and it LEAKED!! WTF!!
No matter what I did it didn't seal properly. Back it went to Crappy Trash!! Sorry to put a negative spin on this thread.
:mad:
😎
Nov 13, 2002
245 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
Webhead wrote:FWIW: Be careful!! Bought a couple of these when they were on sale awhile back. started to use 1 and it LEAKED!! WTF!!
No matter what I did it didn't seal properly. Back it went to Crappy Trash!! Sorry to put a negative spin on this thread.
:mad:
I don't know about the seals but these definitely don't hold heat as well as the corresponding Thermos brand models. I verified this by filling both makes with boiling water and measuring the temperature drop over several hours.

My daughter tried to use one of these for her hot soup and it was lukewarm by lunchtime. > :( We ended up paying extra and buying a real Thermos.

Tony
Mar 4, 2003
459 posts
another negative vote for acrosteel thermal vacuum product... stay with Thermos and get something you can use
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8025 posts
248 upvotes
Thanks for the reviews. Good thing i didn't buy one today.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1528 posts
105 upvotes
Yes I have to agree with everyone, the Thermos brand is much better. We have both and the extra money for the Thermos is worth it. You can feel the difference in quality.
Oct 13, 2004
83 posts
Vancouver, BC
Get glass vacuum! That's the best way to keep hot soup hot! Also, go for Thermos even it may cost more, but you'll find it worth it after using it.
Dec 7, 2004
317 posts
44 upvotes
Burlington
The Arcosteel is junk.......I bought a 750ml one and it doesn't leak yet, but won't hold the heat. My daughter bought a 500ml one and took it back because it started leaking. Even though they are cheap, they are still not worth it
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
304 posts
1 upvote
toronto
i haven't started to use them, but after reading so many negative feedbacks, i am thinking about returning it :cheesygri

by the way, any difference between canadian thermos and thermos? i searched ct website and both popped up...

:D
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3704 posts
5 upvotes
I have bought one over a year ago. Not sure, but I think it's 1L model. No leaks. The food is still warm until lunch - 2-3 hours, but I found it's difficult to eat that kind of food since it's been cooking/heating so long, so I use it to cook the oatmeal for breakfast. It's about ready when I get to work.

I am not going to argue that Thermos is better, but the one I bought serves me well (been using it for over a year).

One thing they recommend is to put hot water in it for 10-20 minuted before putting whatever is it you want to keep hot.

Or maybe I was just lucky!
Mar 7, 2004
351 posts
43 upvotes
I bought four of the smaller Arcosteel a couple years ago and every one of them leaked. I use them only for solid food and only when the two Thermos ones aren't enough. I should have returned them but I never got around to it. Buy the Thermos!
Nov 23, 2004
33 posts
Calgary
Thanks for the warnings. I was considering the Arcosteel thermos. Will keep looking for a sale on Thermos Brand. Thanks for saving me the frustrations!!
× < >