Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$9.99 Workshop Power Bar with 6-Outlets and 2.4A USB Charging Port

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 6:02 pm
17 replies
Jan 29, 2008
86 posts
50 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
YMMV. Still $49.99 in BC. If I change my location to Toronto it shows 80% off. Unfortunately I cannot order online and ship to BC and still get that price.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes
slam007 wrote: YMMV. Still $49.99 in BC. If I change my location to Toronto it shows 80% off. Unfortunately I cannot order online and ship to BC and still get that price.
Probably because of the three hour time difference, just check again in an hour from now.
Jan 29, 2008
86 posts
50 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
That makes more sense. Thanks. Will checking back in the AM.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
lynk wrote: Probably because of the three hour time difference, just check again in an hour from now.
And it's $9.99 now.

How does a crappy website like CT time their changes based on time zones while ones like BB such just all default to eastern time?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad, wish the plug was right angle though.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1367 posts
2072 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price but the last photo shows a big adapter covering the next plug below or even worse if you move the adapter down the next plug then it will cover the USB charging port. Makes this power bar not so great.
Jul 11, 2009
50 posts
64 upvotes
Product page indicates no surge protection.
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Angultra wrote: Not bad, wish the plug was right angle though.
siggy77 wrote: Product page indicates no surge protection.
Found this on sale for $14.99:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... p.html#srp

Right angle, with 900 joules of surge protection.

Only downside is, the dual USBs are only 1A, so will only charge smaller devices like small Bluetooth speakers, or cellphones... Not enough for iPads. I’ll use one of the actual power outlets for that.

EDIT: one reviewer posted photos of the box. Says 2.4A, and “fast charge compatible.” Will pick one up during my lunch hour and see I’d this is true.
Last edited by J-Money on Jan 25th, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1284 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
J-Money wrote: Found this on sale for $14.99:

Only downside is, the dual USBs are only 1A, so will only charge smaller devices like small Bluetooth speakers, or cellphones... Not enough for iPads. I’ll use one of the actual power outlets for that.

EDIT: own reviewer posted photos of the box. Says 2.4A, and “fast charge compatible.” Will pick one up during my lunch hour and see I’d this is true.
Keep us posted, the reviews look like it's only 1A
Jun 13, 2017
700 posts
468 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
J-Money wrote: EDIT: own reviewer posted photos of the box. Says 2.4A, and “fast charge compatible.” Will pick one up during my lunch hour and see I’d this is true.
This makes me review what I got.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/glob ... p.html#srp

I always thought it was 2A, but I looked back anyway. On the page it says:
Feature 2 USB ports the charge for 2.4 A combined
Wth does that mean? Does it mean if I plug 2 devices, each port becomes 1.2A or is it 1.2A all the time for each?
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
thanks OP, will pick up a couple, love the two spaced out sockets for those big adapter plugs.
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
These Mastercraft are crap.... the MSRP $50 price is fake. These are always listed for $9.99 80% off in their seasonal deals and the $50 is a fake mark-up of low-quality product. The product doesn't even offer surge protection. Just spend a bit more to protect your electronics in the event of power surge; might save you thousands down the road.
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
AnujS699 wrote: Keep us posted, the reviews look like it's only 1A
adhika wrote: This makes me review what I got.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/glob ... p.html#srp

I always thought it was 2A, but I looked back anyway. On the page it says:

Wth does that mean? Does it mean if I plug 2 devices, each port becomes 1.2A or is it 1.2A all the time for each?
Just picked it up, and plugged it in. It’s currently charging my 10.5” iPad Pro (usually will say “not charging” if not strong enough). Also plugged in an Asus T100, which is a tablet/mini laptop. Both devices are still charging, and show that they’re “plugged in/better performance.”

I can’t confirm that they’re both charging at a fast rate, but it seems like both USB ports are getting enough juice to be recognized. I doubt it’s any kind of “Quick Charge”; maybe if only one device is plugged in. It’s possibly “splitting” the amperage like adhika mentioned. For half the price, this might be a better option.

For $15, it’s more than I can ask for. Has minimal surge protection, right angle plug so fits behind my work desk, and I can plug my iPad if I need to work on it with low battery (not very often).
Mar 4, 2007
739 posts
734 upvotes
Halifax

EDIT: one reviewer posted photos of the box. Says 2.4A, and “fast charge compatible.” Will pick one up during my lunch hour and see I’d this is true.
My wife picked up 2 of these during the last time they were on sale for $14.99. Very happy with mine. I have a Samsung with USB C. It charges well enough but doesn't seem to support fast charge.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Haz wrote: And it's $9.99 now.

How does a crappy website like CT time their changes based on time zones while ones like BB such just all default to eastern time?
You'd be surprised how much CT invests in their IT and security.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto

Thanks for posting this - perfect timing.
I really needed a right angle power bar for a tight location, and ended up picking up a few (to replace some ancient ones).
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)