[Canadian Tire] Aluminum Jack stands - Calgary in store clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2017 2:02 am
[OP]
Sep 20, 2016
21 posts
7 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Aluminum Jack stands - Calgary in store clearance

Its my first deal, so please be gentle...

These are normally $75. On for $44.99.

I've seen them at two Calgary stores (West hills and Dalton). Seems like other places/cities might not have this pricing though.
7 replies
[OP]
Sep 20, 2016
21 posts
7 upvotes
Im gonna try to use them when changing winter wheels on my concrete garage floor.

Some people like these because they wont dig into asphalt the way those four-legged iron stands do. Then again the base doesnt seem as wide as more conventional stands. But they are light and oh-so stylin
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1506 posts
396 upvotes
Ottawa
IMO, if you can, just wait for the conventional looking jack stands to go on sale. They have a wider base so it's safer. If you're using it on an asphalt driveway, just throw a piece of board under them. And when they go on sale, you can typically get them for $20-30 for a pair.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5201 posts
518 upvotes
Calgary
I have 2 pairs of these and they are awesome. Pin style are safer but these do have smaller base.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1910 posts
356 upvotes
Chrno wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:37 pm
IMO, if you can, just wait for the conventional looking jack stands to go on sale. They have a wider base so it's safer. If you're using it on an asphalt driveway, just throw a piece of board under them. And when they go on sale, you can typically get them for $20-30 for a pair.
At first I was interested in these probably because they are on clearance, but thought about it for a bit and the only real advantage that these have (that I can think of) is that they are lighter weight by about 5 pounds or so. Aluminum won't be as strong as steel. They are narrower which means more prone to tipping, and still on the expensive side when compared to a conventional stand. I do like the pin-style but a double locking conventional stand will have a pin and seems like the better choice.

3-ton conventional double locking stands for $36.85 shipped.
https://www.amazon.ca/Torin-T43002A-Dou ... king+stand