[Canadian Tire] Aluminum Jack stands - Calgary in store clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2017 2:02 am
[OP]
Sep 20, 2016
44 posts
13 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Aluminum Jack stands - Calgary in store clearance

Its my first deal, so please be gentle...

These are normally $75. On for $44.99.

I've seen them at two Calgary stores (West hills and Dalton). Seems like other places/cities might not have this pricing though.
7 replies
[OP]
Sep 20, 2016
44 posts
13 upvotes
Im gonna try to use them when changing winter wheels on my concrete garage floor.

Some people like these because they wont dig into asphalt the way those four-legged iron stands do. Then again the base doesnt seem as wide as more conventional stands. But they are light and oh-so stylin
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1555 posts
425 upvotes
Ottawa
IMO, if you can, just wait for the conventional looking jack stands to go on sale. They have a wider base so it's safer. If you're using it on an asphalt driveway, just throw a piece of board under them. And when they go on sale, you can typically get them for $20-30 for a pair.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5236 posts
544 upvotes
Calgary
I have 2 pairs of these and they are awesome. Pin style are safer but these do have smaller base.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2158 posts
512 upvotes
Chrno wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:37 pm
IMO, if you can, just wait for the conventional looking jack stands to go on sale. They have a wider base so it's safer. If you're using it on an asphalt driveway, just throw a piece of board under them. And when they go on sale, you can typically get them for $20-30 for a pair.
At first I was interested in these probably because they are on clearance, but thought about it for a bit and the only real advantage that these have (that I can think of) is that they are lighter weight by about 5 pounds or so. Aluminum won't be as strong as steel. They are narrower which means more prone to tipping, and still on the expensive side when compared to a conventional stand. I do like the pin-style but a double locking conventional stand will have a pin and seems like the better choice.

3-ton conventional double locking stands for $36.85 shipped.
https://www.amazon.ca/Torin-T43002A-Dou ... king+stand