Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

{Canadian Tire} Battery Operated Pepper Grinder $5.00

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2017 3:12 pm
Jul 19, 2007
222 posts
159 upvotes
Sarnia

{Canadian Tire} Battery Operated Pepper Grinder $5.00

Deal Link:
Price:
$5.00
Savings:
75%
Kamenstein Electric Grinder 75% off Regular Price: $21.99 now $5.00.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kamen ... p.html#srp

I have this and it works great. The only downfall for some will be the crappy colours (no white or black). Takes 4 aa batteries not included and great reviews. I am going to pick up a couple more today.

Enjoy!!
76 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
it might sound stupid but I was wondering and yes, it works with pepper AND SALT

so I'll probably buy 2 later tonight :)
and throw my dollorama ones in the garbage
Jul 19, 2007
222 posts
159 upvotes
Sarnia
I am going to try Himalayan Pink Salt in one. It also has a small led light at the bottom and adjustable grinding levels to. Great for the bbq at night.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
Was looking for new salt and pepper grinders. We usually get the plastic Costco grinders but would prefer to have the option of buying bulk peppercorns.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
ThankS OP. I got red one.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
OKSpring wrote: Was looking for new salt and pepper grinders. We usually get the plastic Costco grinders but would prefer to have the option of buying bulk peppercorns.

Thanks OP!
Can't you just refill the costco ones, assuming you're talking about the manual grinders. Thats what I do.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote: Can't you just refill the costco ones, assuming you're talking about the manual grinders. Thats what I do.
I really hope you're wrong so I haven't been buying grinder after grinder for no reason. :lol:

I don't think they twist off? I'll have to double check!
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
OKSpring wrote: I really hope you're wrong so I haven't been buying grinder after grinder for no reason. :lol:

I don't think they twist off? I'll have to double check!
I have the old clear plastic bottles with the black top. You can't remove the top part but you can unscrew the white part where you control how fine the grind is. I just pour in pepper there with the big bottles of black whole pepper also from Costco lol. Have to do it slowly and shake it periodically because the hole is small so it could get jammed and spill but it's more than large enough to not require too much work to refill. Just replace the screw on white cap and you're good to go again.

https://eyedeologie.files.wordpress.com ... rinder.jpg <- unscrewed.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote: I have the old clear plastic bottles with the black top. You can't remove the top part but you can unscrew the white part where you control how fine the grind is. I just pour in pepper there with the big bottles of black whole pepper also from Costco lol. Have to do it slowly and shake it periodically because the hole is small so it could get jammed and spill but it's more than large enough to not require too much work to refill. Just replace the screw on white cap and you're good to go again.

https://eyedeologie.files.wordpress.com ... rinder.jpg <- unscrewed.
Yep, been doing it all wrong haha. Thanks!
Nov 20, 2003
287 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Been waiting for it to go on sale! Picked up 2 purple ones today.
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
43 upvotes
Zheph wrote: Been waiting for it to go on sale! Picked up 2 purple ones today.
I also took the purples ones. The colors suck but purple is the least bad one. Fluorescent yellow might seem to work with white countertop but it'll stand out, as will red and blue, but purple might at first glance look black so it might work best.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Picked up two red ones at the Marine Drive location in Vancouver. The rest are jammed from people twisting it on incorrectly... little to no stock left there.

Thanked.
Aug 23, 2011
216 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Any comment on the quality? Amazon US reviews are poor - not enough power for salt, stripped plastic gears, etc.
Jun 13, 2015
218 posts
250 upvotes
Montr
I have a purple one. Good quality. Have to grind longer than I would like, but it is nice. Looks like a purple dildo sitting on top of my oven.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
Kamenstein? Is that some fancy house brand name.. or trying to sound fancy.. lol. Kinda like Home Hardware's KURAIDORI brand? :)

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
43 upvotes
Did Himalayan Pink Salt work with this grinder?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12068 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, picked up green. No box so maybe not the best for gifts, but plan on using myself with some rechargeable AAs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)