Expired Hot Deals

{Canadian Tire} Battery Operated Pepper Grinder $5.00

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2017 3:12 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 19, 2007
184 posts
139 upvotes
Sarnia

{Canadian Tire} Battery Operated Pepper Grinder $5.00

Deal Link:
Price:
$5.00
Savings:
75%
Kamenstein Electric Grinder 75% off Regular Price: $21.99 now $5.00.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kamen ... p.html#srp

I have this and it works great. The only downfall for some will be the crappy colours (no white or black). Takes 4 aa batteries not included and great reviews. I am going to pick up a couple more today.

Enjoy!!
76 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 10, 2011
3666 posts
947 upvotes
it might sound stupid but I was wondering and yes, it works with pepper AND SALT

so I'll probably buy 2 later tonight :)
and throw my dollorama ones in the garbage
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 19, 2007
184 posts
139 upvotes
Sarnia
I am going to try Himalayan Pink Salt in one. It also has a small led light at the bottom and adjustable grinding levels to. Great for the bbq at night.
Member
Jan 23, 2017
338 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
Was looking for new salt and pepper grinders. We usually get the plastic Costco grinders but would prefer to have the option of buying bulk peppercorns.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
1608 posts
542 upvotes
Calgary
ThankS OP. I got red one.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
8188 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:04 pm
Was looking for new salt and pepper grinders. We usually get the plastic Costco grinders but would prefer to have the option of buying bulk peppercorns.

Thanks OP!
Can't you just refill the costco ones, assuming you're talking about the manual grinders. Thats what I do.
Member
Jan 23, 2017
338 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:14 pm
Can't you just refill the costco ones, assuming you're talking about the manual grinders. Thats what I do.
I really hope you're wrong so I haven't been buying grinder after grinder for no reason. :lol:

I don't think they twist off? I'll have to double check!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
8188 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:42 pm
I really hope you're wrong so I haven't been buying grinder after grinder for no reason. :lol:

I don't think they twist off? I'll have to double check!
I have the old clear plastic bottles with the black top. You can't remove the top part but you can unscrew the white part where you control how fine the grind is. I just pour in pepper there with the big bottles of black whole pepper also from Costco lol. Have to do it slowly and shake it periodically because the hole is small so it could get jammed and spill but it's more than large enough to not require too much work to refill. Just replace the screw on white cap and you're good to go again.

Image
https://eyedeologie.files.wordpress.com ... rinder.jpg <- unscrewed.
Member
Jan 23, 2017
338 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:07 pm
I have the old clear plastic bottles with the black top. You can't remove the top part but you can unscrew the white part where you control how fine the grind is. I just pour in pepper there with the big bottles of black whole pepper also from Costco lol. Have to do it slowly and shake it periodically because the hole is small so it could get jammed and spill but it's more than large enough to not require too much work to refill. Just replace the screw on white cap and you're good to go again.

Image
https://eyedeologie.files.wordpress.com ... rinder.jpg <- unscrewed.
Yep, been doing it all wrong haha. Thanks!
Member
Nov 20, 2003
261 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Been waiting for it to go on sale! Picked up 2 purple ones today.
Jr. Member
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
41 upvotes
Zheph wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:36 pm
Been waiting for it to go on sale! Picked up 2 purple ones today.
I also took the purples ones. The colors suck but purple is the least bad one. Fluorescent yellow might seem to work with white countertop but it'll stand out, as will red and blue, but purple might at first glance look black so it might work best.
Member
Nov 22, 2012
348 posts
111 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Picked up two red ones at the Marine Drive location in Vancouver. The rest are jammed from people twisting it on incorrectly... little to no stock left there.

Thanked.
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2011
114 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Any comment on the quality? Amazon US reviews are poor - not enough power for salt, stripped plastic gears, etc.
Member
Jun 13, 2015
212 posts
239 upvotes
Montr
I have a purple one. Good quality. Have to grind longer than I would like, but it is nice. Looks like a purple dildo sitting on top of my oven.

Top